HPN NR NIAGEN

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
has anybody tried this? theyre hyping it as something that increases muscle endurance by 30%. somewhere in the interview they compare it to doping. its really expensive. im interested in its mitochondrial benefits, though i dont know how far it goes past niacinamide or ribose (which sucks)

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
im somewhat put off that the focuse of the ads seems centered around neuroprotection in contact sports, while offhandedly mentioning large increase in muscular endurance/ nadh. i saw one review that looked honest that didnt seem it would do anything past what niacinamide would do. someone else claimed energy levels went through the roof. i dont know the company, but after reviewing their other products, its disturbing to see they are charging 44 bucks for a fish oil supplement. i also havent seen anything comparing their NR to niacinamide in terms of resulting increase in nadh:ChromaDex Investor Relations - Press Releases

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
nobody's tried it huh? here's a responce from the company concerning my questions:

I can say confidently that N(r) is the most fascinating new supplement to come to market in the last 5 years. We have only had it on the market to purchase since July and with next to no advertising it has already become a world wide success. That is because it is flat out amazing. It is in another league entirely from Niacinamide. (I have attached some images to illustrate this)

Not only does N(r) increase NAD+ far beyond what niacinamide is capable of, using N(r) also allows us to enhance Sirtuin function to slow down cell aging. This as opposed to SUPPRESSING Sirtuin function which niacinamide is shown to do.

Muscle endurance increase comes from the Canto study, where time to failure in a running test was increased by 30% over the control group by supplementing with N(r).

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
i own a bottle of it, technically. i was dating someone on the other side of the country, and apparently i wasnt able to stuff this into my car before leaving. i will be making an effort to get that back, despite the awkwardness involved, and will post about it in the near future as i have been thinking about this

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
i own a bottle of it, technically. i was dating someone on the other side of the country, and apparently i wasnt able to stuff this into my car before leaving. i will be making an effort to get that back, despite the awkwardness involved, and will post about it in the near future as i have been thinking about this
Do it. Be alpha. Make eye contact.

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
this is what my coach, John otis hollywood uses and says is pretty good stuff

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The ingredient looks promising. I assume that they applied for a patent on it for good reason. The iffy part about it is that nobody knows the efficacy of taking NR orally. The data Niagen is based off of IIRC had been NR being administered intravenously.

So the stuff could work, it may not work, nobody really knows. I do question their dosing though, they dosed it based on the research but again, that's IV administered vs orally administered for the commercially available supplement form.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anybody using this yet?
Why? King has what is probably going to be around 200 mg's per serving of Niagen (BPI won't disclose the exact amount but they've hinted at it being around 200 mg) + you get the full dose of Mediator PA AND it's actually still cheaper than a bottle of the HPN product. I dunno man, double win here, triple if you consider the money you save.

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
Why? King has what is probably going to be around 200 mg's per serving of Niagen (BPI won't disclose the exact amount but they've hinted at it being around 200 mg) + you get the full dose of Mediator PA AND it's actually still cheaper than a bottle of the HPN product. I dunno man, double win here, triple if you consider the money you save.
Strong

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Whoa. I have 2 bottles of King right here ready to go, I was just wondering what kind of results this ingredient in King's formula can provide. So you don't have to sell me on it...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Whoa. I have 2 bottles of King right here ready to go, I was just wondering what kind of results this ingredient in King's formula can provide. So you don't have to sell me on it...
He does that ;)

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
Where is this? I look up bpi the king and some test booster comes up

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
King didnt skimp on the pa, so its possible they stuck with the 250mg of niagen. My ex sent me a package supposedly, so i should have a chance to get niagen alone. Users reported the seeming inability to become fatigued, but they werent people who exercized or anything.(they just wanted somerhing to pick them up.) I was appauled today to see the same bloated pricetag on it i saw when it first came out.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol
I got pwnt amirite?
LoL. I think HPN should lower the price for their product tbh. When they were the only ones on the market, I could understand why it was priced the way it was priced, but now it just looks like a bad deal :p

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
Well, i just took 250 mg niagen a few hours ago. It exibits no immediate effect whatsoever. I will be paying attention to whether my normal enery is sustained longer through the day.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Well, i just took 250 mg niagen a few hours ago. It exibits no immediate effect whatsoever. I will be paying attention to whether my normal enery is sustained longer through the day.
Thanks for the update.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
Well, in my experience 5 days is adequate to see results from the b family, because if i was taking quantum nutrition flakes or megafood b complex, i would be feeling alot more than niagen is delivering. Life extention super ubiquinol coq10 at 100mg 3x a day litteral blows the pants off of this stuff in terms of energy. Im going to d/c the niagen in favor of some alternatives right now out of necessity involving my workload. It may have benefit with continued usage that i havent reached yet (unlikely) but i will be isolating some other things before messing with this stuff again. Nad got all these bold claims too, and i.didnt get much from 10x dosages from that so i guess i dont have enough of a niacin deficiency to appreciate this product

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soxbsbll05 Supplements 10
lifted67 Supplements 11
Supplements 5
AdelV Supplements 2