How to use bitcoins

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So i want to try a new source that has great prices and quality gear reviews. However, they only accept bitcoins. Could one of my brothers walk me through the process of how to use bitcoins. I have no idea. Talk to me like Im retarded. Thank you in advance.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So i want to try a new source that has great prices and quality gear reviews. However, they only accept bitcoins. Could one of my brothers walk me through the process of how to use bitcoins. I have no idea. Talk to me like Im retarded. Thank you in advance.
No idea, thats why I use the one we have talked about. They take bitcoin and WU

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
step 1 buy bitcoin from a somewere like coinbase.

step 2 send bitcoin from your wallet to someone elses wallet.

step 3 wait for confirmation

step 4 profit.

its barely more involved but thats about it. word to the noobs, never type the bitcoin wallet numbers, always copy and paste them!!!

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

step 4 profit.

its barely more involved but thats about it. word to the noobs, never type the bitcoin wallet numbers, always copy and paste them!!!
So if something cost 20 bucks...and they only accept bitcoins. I can take my 20 bucks and buy 20 bucks in bitcoins and then buy it. Im wondering if you end up spending more money because you have to use bitcoins.

gspark05

gspark05

Awards
Bitcoin is far more anonymous. No one person or database has the general ledger. I consider the case conversion fees a fee for ease of mind

Supremeone

Supremeone

Awards
It will be slightly more, coinbase or a bitcoin company will charge you for the transaction. plus price for bit coin fluctuates. But it will only be minimal through coinbase $20 will cost you $21.50. It is not hard at all. You make an account with coinbase (I like coinbase I been using it a very looong time) then link a credit card or bank account. It's safe to use again I never had a single problem!

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It will be slightly more, coinbase or a bitcoin company will charge you for the transaction. plus price for bit coin fluctuates. But it will only be minimal through coinbase $20 will cost you $21.50. It is not hard at all. You make an account with coinbase (I like coinbase I been using it a very looong time) then link a credit card or bank account. It's safe to use again I never had a single problem!
Oh ok...that helps. Im old...i guess

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you need more help just let me know.
Thanks bro...ill PM you if I have questions. Much appreciated. Oh...welcome to AM...we need some more quality dudes on our boards.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Helpful info. I was stuck on this same thing the other day.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Most places give good discounts for bitcoin users, so any extra hassles/costs even themselves out at worse.

Naseem

Naseem

Awards
  • Established
Buy at coinbase you will have them there, like paypal.

Check out at your source site you ll have a payment address. Copy the address, click send on coinbase wallet. Paste the address you copied on your coinbase send wallet than click send, done!.

Better get litecoins, same but much faster. Same process.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

step 4 profit.

That copy and paste comment is the best advice Swimfan - the wallet numbers are long and varied, if you enter it wrong your bitcoin leave your account but never arrive and are gone forever.

It is easy to use though. Registering with coinbase can take some time and be a pain but once you have an account it’s easy to use. I’ve brought various things with no issues.

When you enter the amount to send it will then add the fee for you so you don’t have to try and work it out. Fees are pretty low and as mentioned above most places discount if you use bitcoin anyway.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That copy and paste comment is the best advice Swimfan - the wallet numbers are long and varied, if you enter it wrong your bitcoin leave your account but never arrive and are gone forever.

It is easy to use though. Registering with coinbase can take some time and be a pain but once you have an account it’s easy to use. I’ve brought various things with no issues.

When you enter the amount to send it will then add the fee for you so you don’t have to try and work it out. Fees are pretty low and as mentioned above most places discount if you use bitcoin anyway.
i lost well over 2500$ of light coins i mined because of this.. was so pissed.

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
Coinbase

Open an account, thats your wallet, put money into said wallet for bitcoins, you get a wallet hash (a string of numbers and letters) that is your wallet key for people to send you bitcoin. You get the other persons hash and send them bitcoin to that hash.

Ezpz

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ape McGrapes MA Labs 9