How to stop smoking?

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Friends of mine have tried going cold turkey & stopping, but they all started smoking again within months & some within weeks... They seemed to think that they were better & stronger because they "tried" to do it with no help...

I however chose patches... The thing with patches is that they stop the cravings, but if the will to not smoke isn't there the patches don't do a damn thing... I wanted to quit, so I used the patches to kill the cravings & my mind HAD TO do the rest... Anyways, 8yrs of smoking turned into 7yrs smoke free my friend... Why? Because I put my health & will power infront of my ego...
GOOD FOR YOU!

I stopped "cold turkey" but was also taking alot of MJ (medical) so that helped, then i toned that down as well.
now i enjoy a cigar or smoke maybe 3 or 4 times a year avrg. i got a whole carton (gift from over seas) and liek 5 cases of cigars and am not temped, though after all this i do feel like a cigar lol.

its bad for you, if you are going to smoke daily or even weekly , then get the electric cig.
better option. :)

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks to you and some of the other guys for keeping me motivated
you're definitely over the worst part of it. now you just have to keep up the momentum and every day will get easier

jwal

Awards
I'll be one year smoke free January first I used the patches the good ones and did all three steps but like others have said you have to want to quit the first day your totally done with the patches is kinda scary but you'll make it I did and I started smoking at twelve and quit the day after my 24 th. Birthday and I smoked a pack a day if not more the last six years plus much more when I drank so I quit drinking first but I was a fiend for cigs if I can quit anyone can good luck to all that try to quit it is possible

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
Has anyone had any experience with e-cigarettes and if so what did you think? I've been seriously considering it lately, I've tried to quit countless times and never make it past a weekend. Saw a commercial for blu cigs ( http://www.blucigs.com/store/starter-kits ) ...idk

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Has anyone had any experience with e-cigarettes and if so what did you think? I've been seriously considering it lately, I've tried to quit countless times and never make it past a weekend. Saw a commercial for blu cigs ( http://www.blucigs.com/store/starter-kits ) ...idk
Yeah man. I quit 6 months ago with a volcano ecig and I've had no problem with it at all. I smoked for 15 years

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
That is awesome...do you still smoke the ecig? Does "smoke" or something like it come out when you smoke them?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is awesome...do you still smoke the ecig? Does "smoke" or something like it come out when you smoke them?
Yeah I'm still using it but I've dialed the nicoteine down so much I'll probably stop sometime soon. It releases water vapor that feels kind of similar to a cigarette

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ou vcan always try the e cig. I stopped cold turkey as you probabpy red in this thread.

Still smoke free.

If I can do it, so can you!!!

Keep us posted...we got your back

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Clive

Awards
You can stop smoking when will be able to take a firm decision by yourself. You need have self control and self esteem power, which would help you leaving anything bad you want to. Otherwise you can use E-Ciggarete a newly introduced product whicl surly help your way in leaving smoking.

Lars

Awards
Eat balance diet and adopt healthy environment around you.Smoking is so difficult to quit but it is possible.Cold turkey are best for quit smoking.Eat raw vegetables and use fresh juices for good health.Running,walking,cycling are so effective for stopping this habit.Stay motivated and keep moving.

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
Has your woman quit smoking yet?

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Has your woman quit smoking yet?
Yes she has. You were right!

I'm very proud of her because I know that she enjoyed even more then I did.

Thanks for asking and all the kind words

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
Yes she has. You were right!

I'm very proud of her because I know that she enjoyed even more then I did.

Thanks for asking and all the kind words
Awesome! Good for her :] It's hard to quit.. but its better when your partner is doing it with you.

Here's to a happy & healthy 9 months! I wish you both the best.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome! Good for her :] It's hard to quit.. but its better when your partner is doing it with you.

Here's to a happy & healthy 9 months! I wish you both the best.
thanks, really appreciate it.

We had a echo 2weeks ago everything was fine. Have a new one this week, looking forward to it, and hope everything is still ok.

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
how is it going bro? quitting time I hope
Haha no not yet man...thank you for asking though. I was actually talking to someone today and they said their friend quit with the blucigs...doesn't even smoke now. I think that's going to be my Christmas gift, but I might just buy it sooner. It's only $80 for the starter kit. Not bad considering a pack of smokes is around six bucks or seven in the bars.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha no not yet man...thank you for asking though. I was actually talking to someone today and they said their friend quit with the blucigs...doesn't even smoke now. I think that's going to be my Christmas gift, but I might just buy it sooner. It's only $80 for the starter kit. Not bad considering a pack of smokes is around six bucks or seven in the bars.
Yeah don't wait do it asap. Its so easy to put it off

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks, today is the first day...what a day it was.....really feels like I'm missing my best friend.

Oh well, allmost bed time....thank god
Been more than a year:)

Forgot which day it was.....still miss it sometimes, but glad I made the choice and effort to quit.

Feel much healthier and fitter....and a proud father.....what a year, what a year.

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards

Forgot which day it was.....still miss it sometimes, but glad I made the choice and effort to quit.

Feel much healthier and fitter....and a proud father.....what a year, what a year.
That's great man... Happy for you... How old is baby now?

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's great man... Happy for you... How old is baby now?
Hey my man......thanks mate...

Fenna (my little princess) is 4 months old today:)

How are you my friend?

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Hey my man......thanks mate...

Fenna (my little princess) is 4 months old today:)

How are you my friend?
I'm good man... Can't complain... Working a lot, but loving it... I still can't believe that this thread started over a year ago... I honestly thought some weirdo didn't check the date & replied to it...

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm good man... Can't complain... Working a lot, but loving it... I still can't believe that this thread started over a year ago... I honestly thought some weirdo didn't check the date & replied to it...
That weirdo would be me...;)

Glad your doing alright....working a lot doesn't get you killed

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

awesome dude! I remember when you were going to quit last year. It's been almost 18 months for me, too!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn....18months;) congrats bro

Time flies doesn't it.....
sure does, man. did you go cold turkey, or use gum, patch, e-cig etc? I used the e-cig and was totally off nicotine in about 4 months

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sure does, man. did you go cold turkey, or use gum, patch, e-cig etc? I used the e-cig and was totally off nicotine in about 4 months
Cold turkey....sucked in the beginning, but it worked for me.

Still miss it sometimes, but very glad I quit.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cold turkey....sucked in the beginning, but it worked for me.

Still miss it sometimes, but very glad I quit.
You're tough as nails my friend! Congrats! I still have cravings occasionally until I smell one lit and then I want nothing to do with it

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
Google some lung, throat, or mouth cancer pics....that'll help.

When I gave up tobacco the first two weeks where hell and I chewed the shoot out of trident layers....after that it was smooth sailing and no urges 3+ years later

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Google some lung, throat, or mouth cancer pics....that'll help.

When I gave up tobacco the first two weeks where hell and I chewed the shoot out of trident layers....after that it was smooth sailing and no urges 3+ years later
Nice work bro.... no urges at all? I sometimes have urges when I'm feeling stressed.

Not giving in....

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
Hey guys,

I'm one of those stupid f u c kers that started smoking and now have a hard time to stop.

I started when I was 23, and now I'm 32 and think it's time to say goodbye to them.

Anyone wants to share their experience?

Appreciate it...
The patches worked for me. The gum and ecigs didn't because I just built a habit using them. If you put on the patch then you can eventually forget about the daily nicotine cravings

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
chew gum. its not the same feeling, but it helps kill cig cravings. its worked for me for years