How to lower T3?

The Stig

Awards
Long story short, I have very high SHGB and nothing touches it. It appears to be hyperthyroid induced. What supps can be utlized to reduce T3?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What have you tried that's not working?
Boron reduces SHGB.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
"I've tried it all"
Can we get a list of what you tried?
I feel this is a game of 20 questions.

Do you have a copy of your bloods?
Post them up.

The Stig

Awards
"I've tried it all"
Can we get a list of what you tried?
I feel this is a game of 20 questions.

Do you have a copy of your bloods?
Post them up.
I do, but I don't have them on hand at the moment. I'll have to post them later. Effectively, if a supplement is reputed to lower SHBG, I've tried it. Tongkat, Muira Puama, boron, Nettle, etc etc. When I take forskolin, which is alleged to increase thyroid hormones, my SHBG goes from very high to extremely high, as an example. Boosting thyroid would be relatively easy, but lowering I am unsure about.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Radioiodine, or RAI, is given as a pill, to treathyperthyroidism by gradually shrinking your thyroid—ultimately destroying the gland. ... Unlike antithyroid medications, radioactive iodine is a permanent and more reliable cure for hyperthyroidism.

Quick search on Dr. Google.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I wouldn’t purposely try to reduce thyroid levels over it unless you want some horrible symptoms lol. If you have dangerously high levels , that’s another story

Last edited:

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What’s the obsession with shgb all of a sudden? . I doubt it really makes or breaks a physique

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Obviously if you have low T with high shgb , I can understand wanting to lower it so you can use the little amounts of test you do have, but for most I doubt it makes a HUGE difference

The Stig

Awards
Obviously if you have low T with high shgb , I can understand wanting to lower it so you can use the little amounts of test you do have, but for most I doubt it makes a HUGE difference
That's my predicament and it's causing health issues.

The Stig

Awards
That's my predicament and it's causing health issues.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
See a doctor, they can prescribe an appropriate treatment that you will not find out there to self-medicate with, like the one I posted. I would not suggest iodine treatment you find yourself.

Most doctors do video conference appointments.
You can share your bloodwork with them.
They can probably prescribe a treatment.

The Stig

Awards
See a doctor, they can prescribe an appropriate treatment that you will not find out there to self-medicate with, like the one I posted. I would not suggest iodine treatment you find yourself.

Most doctors do video conference appointments.
You can share your bloodwork with them.
They can probably prescribe a treatment.
The issue I have at the moment, is they won't allow me to get updated labs with everything going on.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Then your issue should wait until you can. Changing something or adding to change it could effect longer term diagnosis and treatment.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Then your issue should wait until you can. Changing something or adding to change it could effect longer term diagnosis and treatment.
this is true op. Don't change any factors yet as you may mess with the results and not get long term treatment and fix your problem properly

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not to dig up an old thread - but did you get your tsh tested as well? How about your T4 levels?

The Stig

Awards
Not to dig up an old thread - but did you get your tsh tested as well? How about your T4 levels?
They still won't allow me to get the labs, even though the hospitals out here have nothing going on.