How to lower my estrogen levels

kogama

Awards
I just received my bloodwork back, testosterone at 650 and estrogen at 200pg/ml. My doctor takes years to respond and is pretty ****, if the government wasn't paying for him I would choose someone else. Age 28

Is finding a source of Arimidex or something the best way to go about reducing my estrogen levels? It seems the research on aromatase inhibitors says they don't have too much of an effect so I need something more potent.

I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this.

Last edited:
Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I just received my bloodwork back, testosterone at 650 and estrogen at 200pg/ml. My doctor takes years to respond and is pretty ****, if the government wasn't paying for him I would choose someone else. Age 28

Is finding a source of Arimidex or something the best way to go about reducing my estrogen levels? It seems the research on aromatase inhibitors says they don't have too much of an effect so I need something more potent.

I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this.

What are you taking?
Anabolics?
TRT?
Anything that might have driven up your Estro?

kogama

Awards
What are you taking?
Anabolics?
TRT?
Anything that might have driven up your Estro?
I guess I should have mentioned that considering the forum. I actually haven't taken anything in over 7 years and anything I did take was probably very mild.

I think my estrogen levels have always been high as my doctor says I don't have gyno but I hold a lot of fat in my chest over everything else.

I came back to post here since I figure the people here have much more experience lowering their estrogen than other place on the internet.

Of course I'm also waiting on a reply from my doc but he is crap, if he responds, whenever that is.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I guess I should have mentioned that considering the forum. I actually haven't taken anything in over 7 years and anything I did take was probably very mild.

I think my estrogen levels have always been high as my doctor says I don't have gyno but I hold a lot of fat in my chest over everything else.

I came back to post here since I figure the people here have much more experience lowering their estrogen than other place on the internet.

Of course I'm also waiting on a reply from my doc but he is crap, if he responds, whenever that is.
Wow, that is VERY high Estro without outside stimulation.

You Could get an AI and lower it, but in my opinion, it would be better to find the cause.

kogama

Awards

You Could get an AI and lower it, but in my opinion, it would be better to find the cause.
This is embarrassing but I've told my doc, I don't think I went through puberty properly but obviously I'm too old to fix that now. This is also the first time I've ever had my estrogen levels checked, only did it when I lost nearly all the weight I could but for some reason my chest fat refused to go away.

I haven't done or taken anything I know of that would increase my estrogen levels.

All I've been taking for the last few years is fish oil, multi, whey protein and vitamin d

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Something in your diet

What is he eating? Stay away from fast food which is loaded with estrogen.

kogama

Awards
Something in your diet

What is he eating? Stay away from fast food which is loaded with estrogen.
It could be I guess, I don't eat fast food though.

Usually chicken, oats, eggs, almond/cashew milk, cheese, occasional flax/chia seed, peanut butter, blueberries, broccoli, spinach, occasional pork/beef

I think these are the usual suspects I've been eating for the last year

edit: I did have a few surgeries go bad in the military a few years back and ever since my stress levels have been pretty high/suffered from depression for a few years from that too, this is probably related I guess...I know stress raises estrogen but this seems like overkill

regardless I need to figure out how to reduce this

Last edited:
Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Usually chicken, oats, eggs, almond/cashew milk, cheese, occasional flax/chia seed, peanut butter, blueberries, broccoli, spinach, occasional pork/beef

edit: I did have a few surgeries go bad in the military a few years back and ever since my stress levels have been pretty high/suffered from depression for a few years from that too, this is probably related I guess...I know stress raises estrogen but this seems like overkill

Like I said, you could probably reduce it.
But if it were me, I'd Definitely try to find out the cause.

1. You don't want to take AIs the rest of your life.
2. It's Always better to fix a medical problem than to mask it.
3. Whatever is causing it could also possibly have other health implications.

Last edited:

kogama

Awards
Like I said, you could probably reduce it.
But if it we me, I'd Definitely try to find out the cause.

1. You don't want to take AIs the rest of your life.
2. It's Always better to fix a medical problem than to mask it.
3. Whatever is causing it could also possibly have other health implications.
You are definitely right, my best bet for that is my doctor but he barely speaks English and they won't let me switch him. I just have to pray for a response at this point, he got my test results back and just sent a letter that says "your testosterone is good" and ignored the estrogen so I sent him a message waiting for an actual response and help.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You are definitely right, my best bet for that is my doctor but he barely speaks English and they won't let me switch him. I just have to pray for a response at this point, he got my test results back and just sent a letter that says "your testosterone is good" and ignored the estrogen so I sent him a message waiting for an actual response and help.
If you don't get this resolved, send me a PM.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

my advice is to start a running program...start out really slow with brisk walking then jogging repeating this until you can work up to 3 miles of jog, then go from there-increasing intensity or length of run depending on your time schedule.

i'm less than a month away from being 63 and for many years i couldn't run because a bad knee darned near made me a cripple...since getting a knee replacement getting back to running has changed my life--not only the physical improvements but also the mental, and spiritual improvements...

the best natural way to lower estrogen is losing fat,running will do this...but the bonus is the mental clarity and freedom you will feel when you put on your favorite music and go to a nice location and just forget about the world for awhile.

GOOD LUCK, coming from a vet who also deals with VA!!!

kogama

Awards
my advice is to start a running program...start out really slow with brisk walking then jogging repeating this until you can work up to 3 miles of jog, then go from there-increasing intensity or length of run depending on your time schedule.

i'm less than a month away from being 63 and for many years i couldn't run because a bad knee darned near made me a cripple...since getting a knee replacement getting back to running has changed my life--not only the physical improvements but also the mental, and spiritual improvements...

the best natural way to lower estrogen is losing fat,running will do this...but the bonus is the mental clarity and freedom you will feel when you put on your favorite music and go to a nice location and just forget about the world for awhile.

GOOD LUCK, coming from a vet who also deals with VA!!!
It's funny you mention that, I was actually planning on getting back into running this weekend. I know I definitely have some weight to lose now, I still look athletic but there's fat underneath the shirt, the moobs make it a little harder to spot because they don't look like typical moobs I guess.

Yea, I hate the VA, I tried to switch from this guy when they first enrolled me and I was trying to be tactful and not mention the obvious language barrier but they kept saying "A lot of people like him, give him another try" and after that I've been stuck with him.

Aside from this primary care, the VA has actually been great...getting past him is a nightmare though, I'm not sure how he got this job

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's funny you mention that, I was actually planning on getting back into running this weekend. I know I definitely have some weight to lose now, I still look athletic but there's fat underneath the shirt, the moobs make it a little harder to spot because they don't look like typical moobs I guess.

Yea, I hate the VA, I tried to switch from this guy when they first enrolled me and I was trying to be tactful and not mention the obvious language barrier but they kept saying "A lot of people like him, give him another try" and after that I've been stuck with him.

Aside from this primary care, the VA has actually been great...getting past him is a nightmare though, I'm not sure how he got this job
ask to talk to your advocate--every clinic has 1....sorry, i have to go... good luck!!!

kogama

Awards
Well, if anyone else wants to jump in, any additional advice is appreciated. A nurse got back to me relaying the doctors words: "Estrogen is a little high, losing weight will help", I'm only 170lb, I have some extra weight but nowhere close to obese.

Debating looking into arimidex or something along those lines or maybe I'll give an AI a try or something first

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well, if anyone else wants to jump in, any additional advice is appreciated. A nurse got back to me relaying the doctors words: "Estrogen is a little high, losing weight will help", I'm only 170lb, I have some extra weight but nowhere close to obese.

Debating looking into arimidex or something along those lines or maybe I'll give an AI a try or something first
strong supplements is running a promo for a new anti-estrogen [AI]...tell your story and put in a app!!!

Last edited:

kogama

Awards
strong supplements is running a prom for a new anti-estrogen [AI]...tell your story and put in a app!!!
I'll check it out, thanks. Now, only if I could convince the VA to give me test or at least inject it for me

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'll check it out, thanks. Now, only if I could convince the VA to give me test or at least inject it for me
i told you---tell the person at check-in desk you want to talk to a veterans advocate, this is procedure you need to follow when having issues with VA...that is 1st step, once you have done this if issue isn't resolved talk to someone from American legion- if you aren't already a member join!!!

kogama

Awards
i told you---tell the person at check-in desk you want to talk to a veterans advocate, this is procedure you need to follow when having issues with VA...that is 1st step, once you have done this if issue isn't resolved talk to someone from American legion- if you aren't already a member join!!!
I'll look for them the next time I'm at the VA in that case, it's out of the way and destroys my schedule. Hopefully this person will be accessible off myhealthevet in the future.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'll look for them the next time I'm at the VA in that case, it's out of the way and destroys my schedule. Hopefully this person will be accessible off myhealthevet in the future.
ok, go to myhealthvet compose a message, and patient advocate is listed down towards the bottom-contact them---they are paid to work at solving problems, make em earn their money!!!

let me know how it turns out!!!!

iam lucky i quess, i have a local clinic 10 minutes from my house-but i have to travel 70 miles each way for regional hospital...

kogama

Awards
ok, go to myhealthvet compose a message, and patient advocate is listed down towards the bottom-contact them---they are paid to work at solving problems, make em earn their money!!!

let me know how it turns out!!!!

iam lucky i quess, i have a local clinic 10 minutes from my house-but i have to travel 70 miles each way for regional hospital...
You're the best! Yea, the hospital is a ways away from me, there are multiple smaller clinics in different areas but some are specialized.

edit: This is in the dropdown right? I don't have anyone/clinic that resembles a patient advocate listed

edit2: I think I know why you have a patient advocate listed in your dropdown, I believe anyone you talk to, are referred to and any clinic involved in your care auto populates in that list. I've never had an interaction with the patient advocate.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You're the best! Yea, the hospital is a ways away from me, there are multiple smaller clinics in different areas but some are specialized.

edit: This is in the dropdown right? I don't have anyone/clinic that resembles a patient advocate listed

edit2: I think I know why you have a patient advocate listed in your dropdown, I believe anyone you talk to, are referred to and any clinic involved in your care auto populates in that list. I've never had an interaction with the patient advocate.
yes, my clinic is terre haute but advocate is listed as indianapolis...i get emails from VA all the time, if you get one reply to it asking to correspond by email with a veterans advocate.

kogama

Awards
yes, my clinic is terre haute but advocate is listed as indianapolis...i get emails from VA all the time, if you get one reply to it asking to correspond by email with a veterans advocate.
I'm definitely planning on getting in touch with this person, this PCP usually makes me feel like ****, most of my contact is with other clinics so I usually put it out of my mind until stuff like this

edit: Just so we're on topic I'm planning to add more flax (nvm) and cruciferous veggies into my diet as those seem to help. I blend a lot of veggies so I'm gonna start drinking a lot of frozen broccoli which tastes the same as my frozen spinach I'm currently using

Gonna look more into arimidex otherwise will check out that promo or see what people on here are using

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm definitely planning on getting in touch with this person, this PCP usually makes me feel like ****, most of my contact is with other clinics so I usually put it out of my mind until stuff like this

edit: Just so we're on topic I'm planning to add more flax (nvm) and cruciferous veggies into my diet as those seem to help. I blend a lot of veggies so I'm gonna start drinking a lot of frozen broccoli which tastes the same as my frozen spinach I'm currently using

Gonna look more into arimidex otherwise will check out that promo or see what people on here are using
i hope you get this resolved, it pisses me off to see a fellow vet get treated this way by the agency that is supposed to help vets..Good Luck

Last edited:
KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Pinning test could make things worse, due to aromatisation to estrogen. And your total test is fine, don't want to screw that up.

It's tough to give any advice on your situation, as it's so strange (for me at least). Finding the root cause would absolutely be important as Renew said. I would personally try to lower it with an AI at first, but that could get in the way of figuring out the cause and so I can't advice doing so.

Don't know what you mean by aromatase inhibitors not being effective. You can crash your estrogen way too low with AI's, if taking too much for too long.

Is the 200 pg/ml an Estradiol (E2) reading or Estrone or some form of total Estrogen (if that kind of measurement exist). Did you get a reference level for it? Do you have only this one measurement taken? It wouldn't be the first time getting a false reading from a blood test. Are you experiencing some kind of symptoms of high estrogen?

Hope you get more out of your doctor soon.

kogama

Awards
Pinning test could make things worse, due to aromatisation to estrogen. And your total test is fine, don't want to screw that up.

It's tough to give any advice on your situation, as it's so strange (for me at least). Finding the root cause would absolutely be important as Renew said. I would personally try to lower it with an AI at first, but that could get in the way of figuring out the cause and so I can't advice doing so.

Don't know what you mean by aromatase inhibitors not being effective. You can crash your estrogen way too low with AI's, if taking too much for too long.

Is the 200 pg/ml an Estradiol (E2) reading or Estrone or some form of total Estrogen (if that kind of measurement exist). Did you get a reference level for it? Do you have only this one measurement taken? It wouldn't be the first time getting a false reading from a blood test. Are you experiencing some kind of symptoms of high estrogen?

Hope you get more out of your doctor soon.
So this is the problem with my doc, instead of clarifying things over our e-message system or sending me the actual results, he gives me a few words.

I asked for the range since you and Renew asked, he should have given it to me but of course that would be too difficult for him. It's total estrogen serum and the range is from 60-190, I haven't seen this before, now 200 doesn't seem as insane but I still want to lower it.

One of the reasons we checked is because I'm holding a lot more fat in my chest than I should be and it's incredibly difficult to take off.

How much could an OTC AI or something like Arimidex help me reduce this reading by, approximate values of course. I looked up the research on it and it seems to be effective, maybe too effective for what I need, not sure.

kogama

Awards
So I’ve decided to just pick up arimidex and take 0.5mg e3d for a little while or maybe once a week

Most of what I could research is obviously PCT so any advice is welcome since I’m not coming off cycle or anything