How to lower hematocrit other than donating blood?

sledge84

Awards
So I've been on TRT for a little over 2 years. Was prescribed by my current TRT clinic 200mg a week to be injected once weekly. Well, being of the smallest dose to get the desired effect guy, I came to find 120mg a week (60mg x2 a week) worked well enough for me. I always come out high with H+H levels when doing labs. But this last one recently had me a little worried although I've been seeing a lot of videos on TRT related effects on H+H not being as critical as previously thought. I don't feel any negative effects with the higher level but it has me a little worried in the back of my mind. So thinking of ways that can lower it without having to donate blood as the last time I did, I felt like crap for a few months due to ferritin levels taking a dump as I had previously posted on another thread on this board. So some thoughts were to lower my dose or maybe taking lower doses more times a week. Maybe switching blood pressure meds from Norvasc to Enalapril as I've read Enalapril can slightly lower H+H. I've been taking Nattokinase but that doesn't seem to be doing anything. Or just coming off TRT and trying Enclomphine as there seems to be a lot of success stories with this serm. Here's a look at my latest labs..

Edit-for reference platelets are WNL at 202.

Attachments

Last edited:
PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not anything I know of that works as good as donating..
Sorry..maybe some new stuff or a guru here might know..something to atheist try..
Z...

Steuss

Steuss

Awards
I have no personal anecdotal experience, but elsewhere people indicate that nattokinase helps them.

Here's an in vitro study (can't find any in vivo).

sledge84

Awards
I have no personal anecdotal experience, but elsewhere people indicate that nattokinase helps them.

Here's an in vitro study (can't find any in vivo).
Thanks. But stated in my post I've already been using it.

Steuss

Steuss

Awards
Thanks. But stated in my post I've already been using it.
Sorry dude. Sh!te reading comprehension on my part.

What dosage? 8000-12000+ FU is the range recommended yonder. Much higher than labels recommend, or most take.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I take medications that are contraindicated with grapefruit.
High dose Fish oil
Eat more fiber
More antioxidants
Baby asprin
Stay hydrated/drink more water
Turmeric chelates iron and there's other supplements that lower iron too but there slipping my mind right now.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How much water are you drinking per day OP? Smont gave some good tips. Increasing fiber could help. I believe increasing insoluble fiber would be most ideal for this.

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Staying properly Hydrated is so underrated and looked over constantly..
Baby aspirin..
But..too what extent..maybe half a point..??
Hard to really get a read without properly studied..then it's so individual..
Blood Letting..still the fastest way to drop that Number..
Z...

sledge84

Awards
High dose Fish oil
Eat more fiber
More antioxidants
Baby asprin
Stay hydrated/drink more water
Turmeric chelates iron and there's other supplements that lower iron too but there slipping my mind right now.
Yep do all that except Tumeric.

sledge84

Awards
How much water are you drinking per day OP? Smont gave some good tips. Increasing fiber could help. I believe increasing insoluble fiber would be most ideal for this.
I average just under a gallon a day

sledge84

Awards
Staying properly Hydrated is so underrated and looked over constantly..
Baby aspirin..
But..too what extent..maybe half a point..??
Hard to really get a read without properly studied..then it's so individual..
Blood Letting..still the fastest way to drop that Number..
Z...
Yeah I'll be donating tomorrow. Just looking for a way to not get so high in the future. I'm looking at lowering my TRT dose a tad and switching out my blood pressure med. Just looking for any other things that may help that I'm not aware of.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have the same problem as you and I’ve noticed the only thing really fixing it is when I do some heavy cardio daily as well as staying lean. Anytime I would drop my 30-45 mins of cardio daily (intense) it would creep up. I also donate 3-4 times a year.

Other than that, telmisartan somehow managed to keep it within range.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Calcium and Zinc to a lower extent inhibit absorption, while Chlorogenic Acid and Quercetin are also Iron chelators.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Warning: this is not advice......

I wasn't kidding about punching yourself in the nose lol. When I was a kid I got chronic nosebleeds, and it caused me to be borderline anemic and low hematocrit ect to the point where they wouldn't let me give blood sometimes. I know it might sound a bit ridiculous to some but giving yourself a nosebleed and letting it bleed for 10min or so will let you dump about a cup lol

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

I wasn't kidding about punching yourself in the nose lol. When I was a kid I got chronic nosebleeds, and it caused me to be borderline anemic and low hematocrit ect to the point where they wouldn't let me give blood sometimes. I know it might sound a bit ridiculous to some but giving yourself a nosebleed and letting it bleed for 10min or so will let you dump about a cup lol
Punch myself in the nose until I bleed a cup of blood... or donate blood? Hmmm these are the tough decisions we have to make it life.

sledge84

Awards

I just donated blood today. I think end result was better considering I already have a big nose as is 👃

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I just donated blood today. I think end result was better considering I already have a big nose as is 👃
So let me get this straight, you started this thread yesterday and 24 hours later you already started some of the supplement reccomendations, made a appointment for a blood let and got it done?

sledge84

Awards
So let me get this straight, you started this thread yesterday and 24 hours later you already started some of the supplement reccomendations, made a appointment for a blood let and got it done?
Yes. Was already scheduled for a donation a few days ago. Ordered Tumeric on Amazon last night with overnight delivery. Things happen fast in 2023 lol

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I wish I could give this response an award. Most punk rock solution ever posted to anabolic minds. Actually now that I think about it, way back in 2016 I remember some dude on here took a pint of his own blood with a Gatorade bottle and a rigged setup from a veterinarian supply store lol God I love you guys

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I wish I could give this response an award. Most punk rock solution ever posted to anabolic minds. Actually now that I think about it, way back in 2016 I remember some dude on here took a pint of his own blood with a Gatorade bottle and a rigged setup from a veterinarian supply store lol God I love you guys
I also know a guy who did his own blood dump, no thank you lol