How often should I have a shake?

wyn

Awards
I've recently changed my workout program to a weight lifting workout in the mornings and a CV workout in the evenings, but my question is; would it be a waste of protein if I take a shake before and after my workout in the morning and then again before and after my workout in the evening (usually swimming) I take an 'all in one' (Maximiscle Cyclone) if that helps? I also have a healthy amount if protein in my diet.

Could I have some suggestions of the best times to consume my protein if the way I take it now is not very efficient to the workouts I do?

Thanks in advance

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
depends on how much you need to hit your macros, protein is powdered food, nothing more

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I've recently changed my workout program to a weight lifting workout in the mornings and a CV workout in the evenings, but my question is; would it be a waste of protein if I take a shake before and after my workout in the morning and then again before and after my workout in the evening (usually swimming) I take an 'all in one' (Maximiscle Cyclone) if that helps? I also have a healthy amount if protein in my diet.

Could I have some suggestions of the best times to consume my protein if the way I take it now is not very efficient to the workouts I do?

Thanks in advance

Because this is the advanced discussion subforum, I will provide the answer with a mathematical formulation.

time of protein consumption = g(Tw / Pm1) x (1/2n x 3Tw) / (Mw - Ar)

Where g = gram of protein used, Tw = time of workout, n= number of total exercises, Mw= minutes of workout and Ar = average rest period between sets.

:D

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
well said^ well said

rosemont83

rosemont83

Awards
Because this is the advanced discussion subforum, I will provide the answer with a mathematical formulation.

time of protein consumption = g(Tw / Pm1) x (1/2n x 3Tw) / (Mw - Ar)

Where g = gram of protein used, Tw = time of workout, n= number of total exercises, Mw= minutes of workout and Ar = average rest period between sets.

:D
I may be incorrect but I think you Forgot to multiply the equation by 0.....
:)