How often do I need a break from Ashwagandha/Relora?

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I have been taking ashwagandha and relora every night for almost 4 months. The combo has been amazing at helping me relax and get a full night's sleep, but I don't know how often I have to stop taking them, and how long my break needs to be. Please let me know.

-How often do I need to take a break from ashwagandha and relora?
-How long does that break have to be?

I am thinking about taking a month off every four months, but I wanted to check here to see if that was advisable. Thanks! As a side note, what's the best ashwagandha for nighttime relaxation? I have only tried NOW brand and Smart Powders bulk. NOW worked great, but SP bulk woke me up instead of putting me to sleep. I was going to re-buy NOW foods but I can get Jarrow Sensoril for about the same price as well as a few other brands, so I figured I would ask about others' experience here. Thanks for the replies!

Best,
Tyler

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I had been advised 12-16 weeks of use then 4 weeks off for Abyss Unparallelled (Sensoril and Relora), so your plan sounds about right.

Honestly if it is Sensoril then just grab whichever is cheapest. Any brand using Sensoril should be quality. :)

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I had been advised 12-16 weeks of use then 4 weeks off for Abyss Unparallelled (Sensoril and Relora), so your plan sounds about right.

Honestly if it is Sensoril then just grab whichever is cheapest. Any brand using Sensoril should be quality. :)
Awesome thanks man! I have been researching the benefits and drawbacks of root vs whole plant ashwagandha extracts. Ppl seem to disagree for the most part so it's a bit confusing. Traditional usage has just been root but sensoril has a huge fan base. There's a newer extract called ksw 66 that is full-spectrum root but NOW also has a full-spec root extract. I will prob just buy sensoril and compare. Thanks!

Messenger

Awards
How much of each have you been taking at night? And how long before bed?
Have you noticed any other benefits besides improved sleep? Curious because I tried ashwagandha for a couple weeks (daytime dosing) and couldn't say I noticed much.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
1 pill each about 2 hours pre-bed. I take about 1mg melatonin 30-60 min pre-bed as well. I highly recommend it for the sleep benefits alone, but in addition to sleep (deeper, more restful sleep, and not waking up throughout the night), I also feel like the combo helps with weight management to an extent.