How much suppression?

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Does anyone on here know how much suppression is caused when test is added to a cycle be it by injection or prohormones?

Is it relative to the amount of test? Is it different for different people? Does the body always try and maintain a certain level.

Let's say someone's natural test is the equivalent of running 200mg of test per week when they are natural. I would presume that if you add in 200mg or more of test then your natural test would be completely shut down. Is this always the outcome regardless of how much test you use? If you ran a low dose of 150mg per week would you still completely shut down all natural production therefore making yourself worse off or does the body try and keep its usual 200mg level and still produce some natural test in order to maintain its homeostasis.

I get that different people have different natural levels I'm just curious what people think or know on this. Bloods would be the only way to know for sure obviously.

I've always been a bit confused when people say that some prohormones are more suppressive than others. Does that mean that your body will still produce some natural test for the whole duration of a cycle or does that mean that you can run something for a few weeks before shutdown occurs?

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Technically, in theory, if you take less than what you would produce, you should keep producing some. The whole reason production goes down is because you have extra, so the body needs less. The reason you see different amounts of suppression with pro hormones is that there’s different receptor interactions. If something has more binding to androgen receptors, the body will “see” that as more testosterone. If something converts to estrogen, it can cause negative feedback through that. 19-nors can interact with progesterone receptors as well, which can have other affects. You also have to remember that different hormones take different doses, which can affect the total impact.