How Much Should I Tell My Doc?

BioHackJack

Awards
So, I'm on TRT and I've played around with blasting and cruising and also with SARMS. I'm now getting ready to start Trestolone Acetate (Ment). I was wondering...How much do you guys tell your doctor? I'd really like to be upfront and somewhat honest so that I can be as safe as possible and be treated quickly and correctly but I don't want to be dropped or treated differently or have my insurance company find out. How much do you tell?

Dick-Hertz

Dick-Hertz

Awards
Tell them nothing. Nothing is private anymore, everything gets leaked.
I've heard of life-insurance being denied because people were on gear and (them companies) getting the medical records.

My wife types medical reports, the stuff in there goes out to 3rd parties (like us) and we know everything about 1/2 the god-damn town. Funny when we see the local guy who went in to have a cuke removed from his bung-holio...

BioHackJack

Awards
Ha ha. Okay, thanks Dick-Hertz for the advice and the laugh. I will continue to hide my usage from my doc. What a shame. Well, I'm happy there are forums like this to help me get answers (even if they're just personal experiences and opinions) to my questions to keep me safe and responsible.

ZLB70

ZLB70

Awards
You could always find a doctor who won’t judge you. May be hard but they’re out there

IronFlex24

Awards
You could always find a doctor who won’t judge you. May be hard but they’re out there
It’s not about finding a doctor who won’t judge, there are plenty out there. If the doctor even casually notes it in your medical record, then that information becomes available to insurance carriers. Ask me how I know? I’m a business owner and because of a simple shoulder surgery I had as a teenager, I pay extra for disability insurance and any future shoulder issues are excluded if they cause a “disability” and I am unable to work.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you trust your doc 100% then tell them whatever but if there's any possibility of him/her saying something then say nothing or you risk getting dropped from your insurance.

Also trestolone is going to screw up your bloodwork and if your on trestolone when they pull labs your Dr. May lower your test dose

ZLB70

ZLB70

Awards
It’s not about finding a doctor who won’t judge, there are plenty out there. If the doctor even casually notes it in your medical record, then that information becomes available to insurance carriers. Ask me how I know? I’m a business owner and because of a simple shoulder surgery I had as a teenager, I pay extra for disability insurance and any future shoulder issues are excluded if they cause a “disability” and I am unable to work.
That’s wild

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is such good advice. I've always thought this everytime someone is like "just find a super cool doctor."

I am struggling with finding ways to get blood work on my own so that it doesn't somehow find it's way back to my chart.

ZLB70

ZLB70

Awards
This is such good advice. I've always thought this everytime someone is like "just find a super cool doctor."

I am struggling with finding ways to get blood work on my own so that it doesn't somehow find it's way back to my chart.
I’m not sure what country you live in but in the states it’s pretty easy to order your own labs online and get done

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m not sure what country you live in but in the states it’s pretty easy to order your own labs online and get done
It depends upon which State you live in.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oh wow. Didn’t know. Just assumed it would be pretty similar rules in the whole country lol which states give a hard time about it?
I'm not sure ....
There's probably a list online somewhere.

Last edited:
match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I
Oh wow. Didn’t know. Just assumed it would be pretty similar rules in the whole country lol which states give a hard time about it?
I've heard New Jersey is one of the worst.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Getting the labs isn't the issue. I want them for myself. Not for my doctor, health insurance, or life insurance to see. Locally it's hard to fly under the radar (even with convenient care clinics, let alone labs) because there's a network monopoly

GrowinBoy36

GrowinBoy36

Awards
Seems like a thread I'm interested in. I just got baseline bloods from my doctor for the first time but im assuming I'll want to go private after cycles and pct??

What's the best value for private blood work?? Anyone know?

GrowinBoy36

GrowinBoy36

Awards
Also thought it was weird my doc would go ahead and draw it right now at 4pm lol

GrowinBoy36

GrowinBoy36

Awards
Oh I remember you saying you get it from doc and it's easy. You don't worry about them putting it on a chart ? Or only do bloods after pct ? Sorry I'm noob

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I think that dude Ryan Ankrom on YouTube has a discount code for bloods I think vigorous Steve also does for Marek health
Ya but if I'm not mistaken merit health is like four times the price of a normal private MD lab. Haven't looked in a while

GrowinBoy36

GrowinBoy36

Awards
After a little research on both Ryan Ankrom and Steve, I'm not seeing codes. I'll watch a little more when I can.

Under 150 would be great. I've heard double so I hope you're right. I'll update when I find something legit. I doubt the at home tests are very accurate?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ya that's weird. To get a accurate reading they want you fasted and usually draw in the morning
For hormonal values? Never seen a requirement/recommendation for drawing fasted. Just to draw 0-3 h after waking up. The labs I've used specifically state for which measurements blood should be drawn being fasted and which not. For some other values yes, and maybe that's what you're referring to?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ve had stuff go into my chart and hit life insurance check. I had to ask dr to remove it actually and she did.

If you find a cool doc that is progressive and respects you, you can ask that things you tell them stay off the record and don’t go into chart notes. “Thank you for honoring doctor/patient confidentiality”

Best of luck

GrowinBoy36

GrowinBoy36

Awards
This was at 4pm. 31 yr old. On Mtest, AE, epiplex, BLD.

Safe to say im probably at lower range if i wasnt on the natty boosters??

GrowinBoy36

GrowinBoy36

Awards
Vit D was a little low. TSH 3rd gen was high almost 5. (Prob hypothyroid) runs in family. B12 was a little high but I drink a 5 hr every day...

Also GFR was a little low. Should be 90ish. It's 81.... Could the oral **** mess with kidneys?

Last edited:
GrowinBoy36

GrowinBoy36

Awards
And I didn't get prolactin or estrogen levels.

I need to do private labs prob. Who's got the best value??

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
For hormonal values? Never seen a requirement/recommendation for drawing fasted. Just to draw 0-3 h after waking up. The labs I've used specifically state for which measurements blood should be drawn being fasted and which not. For some other values yes, and maybe that's what you're referring to?
For things that ppl in the fitness community usually get done for bloods. Among those things we usually check our organ functions, our hdl and ldl, our glucose levels ect. There's usually a few things on the panel that they want you fasted for. And there's also things we want ourselves to be fasted and not working out for so we can get accurate numbers

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
For things that ppl in the fitness community usually get done for bloods. Among those things we usually check our organ functions, our hdl and ldl, our glucose levels ect. There's usually a few things on the panel that they want you fasted for. And there's also things we want ourselves to be fasted and not working out for so we can get accurate numbers
Right, makes sense. Somehow I thought you guys were talking about hormonal stuff, cause' the timing of the day was of importance and just wanted clarification, as I usually haven't been insctruted to go in fasted. But I of course have also gone fasted for some other measurements.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Right, makes sense. Somehow I thought you guys were talking about hormonal stuff, cause' the timing of the day was of importance and just wanted clarification, as I usually haven't been insctruted to go in fasted. But I of course have also gone fasted for some other measurements.
I don't think fasted matters for testosterone levels I'm not positive though. I have had people tell me that because of hormone flux throughout the course of the day you wanna test at similar times. Morning or night or whatever it may be, you want it consistent again I don't know how much of a deal that makes

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
My (limited) understanding is that a fasted morning blood draw is best for getting your highest total T levels on bloods, at least for a natty. Not sure that it matters so much for someone on a blast/cruise/TRT.

So far, for me, fasted morning blood draws are when I post my highest total T numbers. So there's at least 1 anecdotal case for it.