How much pure muscle can you gain per month natty?

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
All natural with proper diet and exercise? Per month? 2 pounds?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I read that in the first two years you can build about 20-25 lbs of muscles, after that it stalls and goes much slower.
Someone here will have the scientific studies on it, I'm sure.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I read that in the first two years you can build about 20-25 lbs of muscles, after that it stalls and goes much slower.
Someone here will have the scientific studies on it, I'm sure.
I’d say that there is no right answer, but I agree that the first few years could get you 20-30lbs or so depending on dedication and genetics.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yep, I looked into this quite a lot and ^^^^ is also what I found, massive variance from genetics etc but for most with perfect diet and training around 25lb in 2 years is possible (approx 1lb a month).......

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Prior conditioning unrelated to specific hypertrophy specific training, that is how far one is from their genetic potential. A malnourished 120lb computer geek can pack on 40lbs in a year with minimal fat gain while a strong man who has exhausted much more of his potential through a physical lifestyle is going to gain far less.

Stickyseeds

Stickyseeds

Awards
I think a lot of this will have to do with your genetics but at first you will make gains quickly at least I did anyways but then you will start to plateau. I've heard if your doing everything right you can expect about 10lbs a year

Jayfitty

Jayfitty

Awards
if you keep doing everything right, diet on point, sleep in check, training smart you can gain alot. I have a few friends that been gyming as long as me consistently but their dieting isnt good (partying weekly and not prioritising sleep and rest) seems like they have plateaued after a year and just maintaining their physique

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With or without steroids you'll need to add more and more to increase the gains, In this case food. The thing when your new to working out is that you almost automatically have a body working in the same way as with steroids, especially at young age.

The body transforms extremly fast if you just work out hard even without eating an extremly clean diet. After being the biggest guy at the gym or just a muscular guy the gains really starts to slow down heavily and that's when you see the difference with people taking this seriously.

Now food really starts to matter, living an healthy lifestyle and working harder than the others. I think the hardest thing to do natural is to become huge and lean, staying at 130-180 range I see as a much more resonable way to be in an outstanding shape natural.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like stated it’s all about genetics first , then nutrition and training.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Mike OHearn, at 50, indicates he gains 0.8 lb muscle per year. Age is NOT for the WEAK.
I just turned 50 and luckily can still get some mild gains naturally. For me, its more about keeping my body aligned and moving correctly so I can enjoy moving iron. Are you 'an old guy'?

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
After newbie gains 1-3 pounds of muscle naturally a year. There are no exceptions. No one is more special than someone else. If someone is claiming 10 pounds of muscle or more a year they are either using steroids or just gaining fat/water with a little muscle. People also grossly underestimate their bodyfat levels. As a natural you’ll look much more impressive LEAN than holding a bunch of fat

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Mike OHearn, at 50, indicates he gains 0.8 lb muscle per year. Age is NOT for the WEAK.
I agree, my 49yo self feels pretty good. But, I'd love to random test ole' Mike, my opinion only of course.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just turned 50 and luckily can still get some mild gains naturally. For me, its more about keeping my body aligned and moving correctly so I can enjoy moving iron. Are you 'an old guy'?
Lol. Yes! 57 and there is no ****ing walker in my future!!