How much of an impact does indirect training have?

ForceOfNature

Awards
I always hear people say your arms get worked indirectly when your doing chest and back. My question is how hard do they really get hit? Example:

Day 1: legs
Day 2: chest/back
Day 3: shoulders/arms
Day 4: legs
Day 5: chest/back
Day 6: shoulders/arms

As you could see, there is overlap. Right after hitting chest/back there is an arm day. In terms of optimal muscle growth, is this a no no? Or is it not that big a deal and the extra frequency is worth it. My arms are lagging and advice would be appreciated.

JG93

JG93

Awards
It isn't really that big of a deal.
If your arms are lagging it might be of some good to you.
Yes your arms do get a workout to a point, but with proper form, it should be minimal.

Another thing to think of for arms is drag curls, 21s and feeder workouts.
In only a couple weeks of doing them, I noticed a huge difference

NewAgeMayan

Awards
"Optimal" can be a bit of a woolly term.

Your body is quite remarkable in its capacity to adapt to the stressors you throw at it.

Generally speaking, and putting aside the plethora of other variables, if a bodypart is lagging, it probably requires more stress. So, greater weekly volume. There are of course a number of ways to achieve this.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
"Optimal" can be a bit of a woolly term.

Your body is quite remarkable in its capacity to adapt to the stressors you throw at it.

Generally speaking, and putting aside the plethora of other variables, if a bodypart is lagging, it probably requires more stress. So, greater weekly volume. There are of course a number of ways to achieve this.
I always get a brain boner when NAM makes a post