How much muscle does OSTA helps to keep

1kerry

Awards
Hi guys , right now im in the middle of my cutting cycle, 8 weeks and already lost 11 lbs (4-5 lbs during the first 2 weeks) and I have been using alphamine, creatine and anabeta elite, which I guess are giving me that extra little help to keep muscle, strength and stamina.

So starting next week Ill stop these supps to take for the first time OSTARINE during 10 weeks..

And my question is,on previous cutting cycles my estimation is that around 60% of what I drop is fat during the first weeks , but after that I think its like only 50% (yes, very bad genetics ) so you think with OSTA @ 10/10/15/20/20/20/20/20/20/20 Im gonna be able to keep much muscle and lets say that around 60-70% of what I drop could be fat?

I know its difficult to give an opinion, but with the info Im telling I guess you can help me.

Thanks!

H

hide83

Awards
I think that that is probably a fair assumption. I'm the same way, every time I cut I lose a fair amount of muscle. I ran osta my last cut and Osta does help, really the only think osta is useful for imo. For me, it's better at retaining muscle mass than strength. My strength goes in the toilet when I restrict carbs.

EDBANGER

EDBANGER

Awards
Why not just start out at 20mg from the beginning? My experience so far has shown it to be great during PCT at which I ran 15mg for keeping strength. I've ran it solo after a short break at 20mg and I'd rate it for a slight strength increase and helping with recomp.

1kerry

Awards
I think that that is probably a fair assumption. I'm the same way, every time I cut I lose a fair amount of muscle. I ran osta my last cut and Osta does help, really the only think osta is useful for imo. For me, it's better at retaining muscle mass than strength. My strength goes in the toilet when I restrict carbs.
Actually, thats my main goal, to keep muscle as much as possible, strength obviously its important but soon or late it will decrease.... specifically during the last 3-4 weeks of the cutting cycle its when I "feel" muscle loss is happening bad time =(

1kerry

Awards
Why not just start out at 20mg from the beginning? My experience so far has shown it to be great during PCT at which I ran 15mg for keeping strength. I've ran it solo after a short break at 20mg and I'd rate it for a slight strength increase and helping with recomp.
I only have 1 bottle (OL with 240 caps), I can make an 8weeker, but some people have reported headaches when going straight to 20-25mg, and since the compound starts kicking around the 4th week, i might get a good 5-6 weeks instead of just 4.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
I ran it for 8 weeks at 20-25 mg
cut ~17 lbs and gained a little 1-3 lbs of muscle... and gained quite a bit of strength... i dont ever want to cut without osta again

1kerry

Awards
I ran it for 8 weeks at 20-25 mg
cut ~17 lbs and gained a little 1-3 lbs of muscle... and gained quite a bit of strength... i dont ever want to cut without osta again
so you were losing 2lbs on average per week...right now Im only 250 cals under maintenance ...so I assume, I can take -350-400 cals with no worries on losing muscle...sounds great!

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
everyone is different but i would guess you can do that

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ran 8 weeks at 25mg. Hated the last 3-4 weeks as I was feeling the effects of suppression. Muscle retention was the absolute highlight though for me. Seemed like I didn't lose anything. Fat loss was extremely slow and strength went down significantly though too as it tanked my hormones so theres that.

It sounds like your bigger issue is diet though if you always lose all your mass... maybe you just need to cut slower or change your macro ratios. Osta will def help, but as soon as you get off it youll need a pct and your hormones will be crappy which may just lead to regaining some of the fat or at the least not losing much more.

1kerry

Awards
Ran 8 weeks at 25mg. Hated the last 3-4 weeks as I was feeling the effects of suppression. Muscle retention was the absolute highlight though for me. Seemed like I didn't lose anything. Fat loss was extremely slow and strength went down significantly though too as it tanked my hormones so theres that.

It sounds like your bigger issue is diet though if you always lose all your mass... maybe you just need to cut slower or change your macro ratios. Osta will def help, but as soon as you get off it youll need a pct and your hormones will be crappy which may just lead to regaining some of the fat or at the least not losing much more.
yeah...I lose fat easy but also muscle =( and a hard muscle gainer + easy fat gainer ....right now after 8 weeks and -11 lbs, I have lost only 1/4 inch arm...which on past cycles that would be at least 0.5 inch....right now only 250-300 cals under maint...

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the advice dude...btw, what was your bf% before and after osta?
I would have to guess i started around 15-17% and finished below 12% but not single digits

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
yeah...I lose fat easy but also muscle =( and a hard muscle gainer + easy fat gainer ....right now after 8 weeks and -11 lbs, I have lost only 1/4 inch arm...which on past cycles that would be at least 0.5 inch....right now only 250-300 cals under maint...
if your deficit is 250-300 theres no physiological way you should be losing over 1lb/wk... that defies the laws of thermodynamics ha

It sounds like potentially a any/all of few problems:
1) you don't know your true maint cals
2) you're not properly measuring your food intake
3) you're expending far more energy (workouts/cardio/etc) then you're accounting for in your diet
4) you're not measuring your bf% correctly

BillyBatson

BillyBatson

Awards
So in addition to, say, Nolva ... you can run OSTA as part of a PCT regimen ??

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So in addition to, say, Nolva ... you can run OSTA as part of a PCT regimen ??
there's a lot of mixed feelings about this... some say its ok to low dose (5-10mg) in pct as the suppression is so mild that it wont matter much; while others say that its totally dumb to take anyhtign suppressive while trying to get yourself back to normal.

FWIW even 3mg of osta has been studied and shown to induce suppression.

BillyBatson

BillyBatson

Awards
there's a lot of mixed feelings about this... some say its ok to low dose (5-10mg) in pct as the suppression is so mild that it wont matter much; while others say that its totally dumb to take anyhtign suppressive while trying to get yourself back to normal.

FWIW even 3mg of osta has been studied and shown to induce suppression.
Yah, I think I'll stick with Nolva + Sup3r PCT + DAA + an AI for my PCT this time around.

1kerry

Awards
if your deficit is 250-300 theres no physiological way you should be losing over 1lb/wk... that defies the laws of thermodynamics ha

It sounds like potentially a any/all of few problems:
1) you don't know your true maint cals
2) you're not properly measuring your food intake
3) you're expending far more energy (workouts/cardio/etc) then you're accounting for in your diet
4) you're not measuring your bf% correctly
thank you very much for your input dude, much appreciate....for sure Im not expert, first 2 weeks I lost around 4-5 lbs and after that no more than 1 lb per week...so I assume glycogen was a factor during those 2 weeks..

1kerry

Awards
I would have to guess i started around 15-17% and finished below 12% but not single digits
5% bf loss is awesome...if I reach that I would be more than happy, right now my upper abs are visible.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
It was an extremely successful cut i have to add though i was also dosing ec 3 times a day

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
thank you very much for your input dude, much appreciate....for sure Im not expert, first 2 weeks I lost around 4-5 lbs and after that no more than 1 lb per week...so I assume glycogen was a factor during those 2 weeks..
that's very common to lose a bunch right off the bat. most drop a bunch of water when they simply clean things up