Unanswered How much does a donation lower H&H/RBC?

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So I’m doing donations before, during and after my cycle. I’ve posted my labs recently so I won’t post again but they were significantly higher today when I went to donate.

In a month my HCT went from 45 to 49, HGB went from 15.5 (if memory serves right) to 16. They didn’t say what my RBC was at or anything. So they took a pint of my sweeeeet blood and I was wondering what the general consensus as for how much a donation lowers levels. I wasn’t really in dangerous territory yet but I was getting there. Was getting real bad pressure in my head from time to time and have been feeling almost like a fish out of water trying to catch my breath.
During my donation it felt like someone just let all the pressure out of my skull.
Anything to add about all of this though?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Man you were feeling like that at 49/16? I was at 53/17.6, so you can imagine the hell (and fear when i found out) i was going through. Reading about cyclists dying in their sleep didn't make things any better.

I dont know. Say you have 10 pints of blood in your body and you let a pin out. If your hematocrit was 0.5, shouldn't you be left with 0.45 after plasma recuperates?

I will get another bloodwork on tuesday to see how much it has dropped from 0.53 and will let you know. Hunch is telling me it has not dropped enough to put me out of danger (i think it has dropped to 0.49, but we will see after the bloodwork).

Here i found a worrysome study https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/trf.14121

So return to baseline after 14 days?? If that is true, 500mg of test will put me right into the grave. Time to look for the alternatives...

Yeah, I also felt the relief during the donation, as if I exited a basement with no air flow.

Last edited:

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
From what I saw you return slightly under baseline after 28 days, that being said we could supplement aspirin and other things that’ll help a ton.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Or cut the test dose...by a LOT. And add in other stuff that is way less erythropoietic.
We should start a thread about which anabolics increase h&h the least, it seems that there are lots of people with this issue. We certainly cant run eq, that is for sure.
Sarms? Low dose tren lol?

Wait... your hematocrit went from 45 to 49 in a month on 125mg of test per week? If that is the case, then you must have a form of sleep apnea. I am pretty sure I do, and contemplating on doing a sleep study.

The thing that is worrying me about aspirin is, I read it has a kind of a rebound effect, ie upon stopping, your chance of a heart attack or a stroke actually goes up, its this that is keeping me from using it.

Last edited:

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Or cut the test dose...by a LOT. And add in other stuff that is way less erythropoietic.
We should start a thread about which anabolics increase h&h the least, it seems that there are lots of people with this issue. We certainly cant run eq, that is for sure.
Sarms? Low dose tren lol?

Wait... your hematocrit went from 45 to 49 in a month on 125mg of test per week? If that is the case, then you must have a form of sleep apnea. I am pretty sure I do, and contemplating on doing a sleep study.

The thing that is worrying me about aspirin is, I read it has a kind of a rebound effect, ie upon stopping, your chance of a heart attack or a stroke actually goes up, its this that is keeping me from using it.
My TRT dose is 200mg. It keeps me in upper normal levels, 100mg puts me at 400ng/dL and 200 puts me at 875-900ng/dL. I’ll have to look into that with the aspirin, I think I did recently see new info on it.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
And yeah I don’t think I’ll be running EQ any time soon. DHB on the other hand I’d love to try.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My TRT dose is 200mg. It keeps me in upper normal levels, 100mg puts me at 400ng/dL and 200 puts me at 875-900ng/dL. I’ll have to look into that with the aspirin, I think I did recently see new info on it.
I take an aspirin every 3-4 hours. Every day.
My H&H and RBCs are in range also currently. But not for much longer I’m sure.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It can lower RBC by 5-10 points