Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Currently Conjugate system

Mon-ME Squat/Deadlift
GHR
ME Lift, 3 week waves (Squat vaiations, deadlift variations, GM variations)
Lower back/Hams
Row
Abs+Hips

Wed-ME Bench
Chins
ME Lift (Bench and Oh Press variations)
DB Work/Chest Work
Row
Tris+Mid traps/Rear Delts
Neck+Shoulder Prehab

Fri-DE Squat/Deadlift
GHR
DE Box Squats (Chains, Bands, Straight Weight)
Speed Pulls (Chains, Bands, Straight Weight)
Lower Back/Hams
Abs+Hips

Sat-DE Bench
Chins
DE Bench (Chains, Bands, Straight Weight)
Oh Press Work
Tricep Work
Row
Upper/Mid Traps+Neck+Shoulder Prehab

*GPP is done before all sessions unless doing conditioning after.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
i am currently on a 4 day split working out 3 times a week.

-ME lower
glute activation work
ankle mobility work
RE work for lower body

-ME upper
thoracic mobility work
RE upper
facepulls

-DE lower
glute activation work
ankle mobility work
20+ rep lower body work

-DE upper
thoracic mobility work
20+ rep upper body work
facepulls

i do ab work nearly every workout. i rotate the focus of each one.
1)anti-rotation
2)anti-extension
3)anti-lateral flexion

i also have 2 phases, accumulation and intensification phase. they break apart this way:

-accumulation
ME - 3-5 rep max work, 3 attempts at new max. do variation on deads, squats, overhead and bench
DE - 15-30 sets of 2-3 reps. done for time, try and beat that time. do the big 4 mentioned above. only variation is box squats. done at 40-60% of 1RM.
RE - 3+ sets of 8-12 reps. general work. just trying to get bigger, stronger, and build work capacity

-intensification
ME - 1-2 rep max work, 3 attempts at max. attach anything i can to the bar, chains, ropes, bands, kettlebells, baby skulls (LOL), etc.
DE - 10-15 sets of 2-3 reps. done for time, try and beat the time. do the big 4 mentioned above. done at 50-750% of 1RM.
RE - 3-5 sets of 5-8, working weaknesses more than anything.

i workout tuesday, thursday, and sunday. i do swap out sundays workout every other week with what i call an event day workout. i go to a private gym to train most days and on event day most of us show up to have fun and do strongman & highland games lifts.

ISU152

ISU152

Awards
You could do twice a week on either, as long as you are not taking too many sets to failure or using forced reps/negatives.

In fact, you could go for 3 weeks. The first two weeks stopping everything a rep shy of failure, then on the final workout of the final week take sets to failure and do some forced/negatives. Then take a week to unload/recover, and restart. This is just one example of planned over reaching, recovery, adaptation.

Br
So just to use bench as an example it would look like...

Week 1
12 reps-1 rep less than failure

Week 2

Week 3
10-12 reps-all the way to failure

Week 4
????

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ISU, yes, thats the gist of it. Week 4 might be two sets of 10 reps with your 12 rep max weight as a recovery week.
Br

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
By the way, my personal training goes something like this:

Sunday: Intensive speed work (20 to 60m sprints...about 10-15 total)
Monday: Dead lift, mid traps/rhomboids, glutes, hams
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Acceleration training (10-30m sprints...about 10-5 total) followed by a vertical pull workout with the bodybuilding team
Thursday: Over head press training, extensive speed work (4 x 200m @ 93-95% speed)
Friday: Squat workout
Saturday: Bench press workout

Br

justinmonty

Awards
zir red your posts are super interesting and I'm trying to get a grip on everything you said to add to my program... on your bench day for example how many different exercises n sets do you do?!? and are their certain exercises for the chest,back,arms,delts that you would call superior to the rest in terms of muscular hypertrophy?

Thank you!

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My bench press days depend on what block of training I'm in. Right now its strength, so its usually something like this:

Workup to a soft 1 rep max, then 6 sets of 2: week 1 - 90%, week 2 - 93%, week 3 - 6x1 @ 96%

The rest of the work is on increasing the weaker spots...such as tight elbow DB presses from the floor, skull crushers, etc.

For hypertrophy, the sets/reps would be something like 4-6 x 4-12 (depending on the phase) with varying rest periods.

Exercises are important...but technique, limb placement, etc. are even more important to ensuring the exercise you do works the desired body part.

Br

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Exercises are important...but technique, limb placement, etc. are even more important to ensuring the exercise you do works the desired body part.

Br
So true.