How many extra calories a day do you typically eat on a bulking cycle?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
We all know adding muscle while limiting fat while on a bulk can be tricky. When on a harsh oral run of a compound that requires a lot of carbs and is good for nutrient partitioning such as Superdrol, DMZ, MIA, about how many excess calories do you typically run above maintenance as the “sweet spot” that adds muscle without too much fat. Typically seen most guys add an extra 500 to 1000 calories on runs.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve always liked 300-500 as it gives you somewhere to go. Over a long bulk you’ll naturally need more calories to maintain a surplus (as you gain mass your tdee will increase) so you end up increasing anyway. If you throw 1,000 Extra early on and then over the course of the bulk you add a further 1,000 just to stay in a surplus that’s a lot of extra food by the end.

300-500 first couple of weeks and then add 100 to daily intake every week or 2 imo

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I usually try to get into a bulk coming straight out of a bulk because your metabolism will be at its best and your body is ready to soak in the nutrients. Coming out of a cut and going into a blast, I’ll up calories week by week aiming to go back to maintenance by week 2 and 100-150 over maintenance by week 3. I’ll then start upping calories weekly or so, the amount of which I up depends on many factor obviously. I’ll end usually end up around +800-900 over maintenance in the last weeks of my "bulk".

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Currently dping 3 week emergency, muscle memory bulk to regain what i previously had and with anabolics and mk677 in th3 mix am at least at a 1000 kcal surplus (inb4 enhanced athlete transformation 😁)

Almost 2 weeks in and i have gained tons, its hard to breathe hahaha

But of course you cant do this for long as you are gonna get fat as hell.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think it’s pretty pointless to do an all out bulk unless you’re a competitive BB or less than 10% bf. Most ppl would benefit more from a recomp, just eat a little more clean carbs, lift heavier and you’ll be good and look much better. Oh, and use more of the right drugs.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think it’s pretty pointless to do an all out bulk unless you’re a competitive BB or less than 10% bf. Most ppl would benefit more from a recomp, just eat a little more clean carbs, lift heavier and you’ll be good and look much better. Oh, and use more of the right drugs.
Depende, if you are dping a rebound from a cut or using the hell out of the muscle memory, you can get away with high surplus for a very short period of time.

I am doing that atm as i onoy got very limited time on this cycle, schedule all fuked up this year.

T shirt that was loose 3 weeks ago is tight today around shoukders and traps.

And i dont seem to be gaining any fat at all. If anything, i am a tad leaner due to mk677 i ran into the cycle

I just got so pissed off at the muscoe loss and fat gain that i decided to go all out and do sth extreme

But it is pretty uncomfortable, i cant breathe after meals and also get sporadic shortness of breath throughout the day due to amount of weight i am putting on.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Depende, if you are dping a rebound from a cut or using the hell out of the muscle memory, you can get away with high surplus for a very short period of time.

I am doing that atm as i onoy got very limited time on this cycle, schedule all fuked up this year.

T shirt that was loose 3 weeks ago is tight today around shoukders and traps.

And i dont seem to be gaining any fat at all. If anything, i am a tad leaner due to mk677 i ran into the cycle

I just got so pissed off at the muscoe loss and fat gain that i decided to go all out and do sth extreme

But it is pretty uncomfortable, i cant breathe after meals and also get sporadic shortness of breath throughout the day due to amount of weight i am putting on.
yeah to be fair I didn’t take into account a situation where significant amounts of muscle regain was occurring - the rules do change and a higher surplus can be got away with but as you say you’ve gotta be careful to reign it in pretty quick.

Detechno

Awards
You can build muscle even in deficit, but just try to hit 50 - 100 calorie above maintenance. Go slow, gain muscle slowly, you dont have to be fat to build muscle especially if you running a cycle. Try to hit your protein 100-200 g a day, you be good