How many cycles do you guys run per year?

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just like the title says, how many times a year do you guys run your cycles? I finished up a 1 and 4 andro cycle, little over two months ago, ran PCT (Nolva) and loved the results. I'm tempted to run right back into a cycle in a month or so. My only worry is cholesterol, as mine (genetics) is naturally hi and Andros tend to negatively skew lipids. I'm taking a statin, so I'm thinking that may help. What do you guys think? Welcome all advice.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think a healthy and "conservative" philosophy is to aim to spend at least as much time with healthy lipid levels/ratios as you do with jacked lipids. For many guys, this will mean "time off" is at least "cycle + PCT". At least.

But we all know that is unlikely.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think a healthy and "conservative" philosophy is to aim to spend at least as much time with healthy lipid levels/ratios as you do with jacked lipids. For many guys, this will mean "time off" is at least "cycle + PCT". At least.

But we all know that is unlikely.
I hear you and thanks. I've been itching to get back into it.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I hear you and thanks. I've been itching to get back into it.
Lol, look I know, thats the temptation the majority of us face doing this sh1t whether we blast and cruise or not.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
2-3x a year. 3x this year... two months on, two months off. And 1AD is barely even a PH, IMO you have no reason to worry from a baby steroid.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2-3x a year. 3x this year... two months on, two months off. And 1AD is barely even a PH, IMO you have no reason to worry from a baby steroid.
Thanks, Mike. I understand in relation to other PH's, it's not as taxing on the body. However, for someone with existing cholesterol issues, it is something to consider.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
I'll admit I've never tried them just bc are so expensive and just never saw anyone with mind blowing results for the price. I'm assuming you've ran something way harsher, how were the results though?

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll admit I've never tried them just bc are so expensive and just never saw anyone with mind blowing results for the price. I'm assuming you've ran something way harsher, how were the results though?
I just ran 1-andro and 4-andro. I had great results, actually. Strength and mass both went uo. I added around 12lbs, which for a hard gainer like me, was really impressive.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
I can see why you are itching to hop back on lol. I start getting antsy around 6 weeks being off.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just like the title says, how many times a year do you guys run your cycles? I finished up a 1 and 4 andro cycle, little over two months ago, ran PCT (Nolva) and loved the results. I'm tempted to run right back into a cycle in a month or so. My only worry is cholesterol, as mine (genetics) is naturally hi and Andros tend to negatively skew lipids. I'm taking a statin, so I'm thinking that may help. What do you guys think? Welcome all advice.
I am in trt so I don’t have to run pct so my time off is less. I run 8 week cycles and take 8 weeks off so in a year I get in just over 3 cycles. If I were you, since you already have preexisting lipids issues, I would at least take off the time you ran your cycle for plus the time you ran the pct as the off time.

Big_Zeus166

Awards
I run 2 cycles a year. In-season and out of season cycle. As mentioned previously most people either run 2-3 cycles a year

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It is up to you, but if my lipid profile ever comes to the point that I need meds to control it I am going to cease cycling.
Curious as to what do you consider to be this point? A specific ldl / hdl ratio maybe?

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
1-3 cycles per year. Anything beyond 3 is excessive.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The big problem with most ppl is not getting bloodwork done. Ppl will dish out $200+ on cycle and support supps bbut wont pay $80 to monitor there health. Another thing i see when ppl do get bloods is that if it looks good they hop back on. Thats also s problem, if there bloodwork just got to normal last week and you hop back on then you were only healthy for a week. The body neefs to spend time healthy. Even when blasting and crusing. Now its obvious most ppl are gonna throw caution to the wind and either skip bloods or not do it often enough. This is where the time on time off comes from. Its a rule of thumb for ppl who dont get bloods done but there is no way to tell if its enough time off.

DennisC1986

Awards
I hear you. I just finished up pct for a cycle I had to cut short and I'm itching to get back on too. But I'm gonna do my best to wait as long as possible. I'm responsible in the sense that I won't start until I have everything lined up (or at least in the mail with tracking) so I'm taking my time ordering everything so that I won't jump the gun.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Curious as to what do you consider to be this point? A specific ldl / hdl ratio maybe?
Whenever the doctor thinks the lipids are out of whack enough for me to a level that would warrant cholesterol meds despite me being off cycle for months.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whenever the doctor thinks the lipids are out of whack enough for me to a level that would warrant cholesterol meds despite me being off cycle for months.
I see. I thought you were talking about on cycle lipids. Well of cycle lipids should always go back to normal. If they don't in a couple of months then yeah...

Attila de Hun

Attila de Hun

Awards
I stay on as long as I feel good and blood work looks decent. Mainly if I can keep bp under control

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you have cholesterol issues try eat healthy fats and go low carb diet and/or consider running cardarine

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you have cholesterol issues try eat healthy fats and go low carb diet and/or consider running cardarine
My last time I checked cholesterol I was at 123, so it dropped a bit and that was on 600mg test and shortly after running tbol. I’ve been running higher fats, a lot of fish, olive oil, almonds etc. I didn’t have ldl, hdl, etc tested, but the “cholesterol” has improved while blasting lmao.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've had high cholesterol since I was a teenager. It's just hereditary. Both parents have high cholesterol, my grandparents as well. I pretty much rolled snake eyes on genetics. Lol. In terms of diet, mine is definitely low sugar, high fats in the form of fish and olive oil coupled with fiber etc. With statins, I'm doing well and in normal ranges. I didn't get tested after my last andro cycle, as I was still taking statins at night during that run. I just wondered if anyone was in the same boat and if the statins helped them mitigate potentially negative cholesterol sides.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My last time I checked cholesterol I was at 123, so it dropped a bit and that was on 600mg test and shortly after running tbol. I’ve been running higher fats, a lot of fish, olive oil, almonds etc. I didn’t have ldl, hdl, etc tested, but the “cholesterol” has improved while blasting lmao.
You're a machine guru haha, maybe your body is supposed to be jacked up on steroids

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
1-3 cycles per year. Anything beyond 3 is excessive.
If running 4 weeks cycles of a methylated like DMZ and on trt so don’t need pct, then how many cycles in a year could one do safely?

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If running 4 weeks cycles of a methylated like DMZ and on trt so don’t need pct, then how many cycles in a year could one do safely?
Still no more than 3 or so. Oral steroids will wreck your lipid profile.