How many cycles a year?

Scouse01

Scouse01

Awards
  • First Up Vote
We all often talk about the long term effects on the body. But how many cycles (oral) would you say was safe to take a year without any long term issues?

Let's take one cycle. Surely one 4/6 week cycle per year would bot have a long term adverse effect on the body, providing all supports and pct were done properly.

I know some people follow cycle on plus pct length should be the rest time before you cycle again. Is that considered safe without long term affects?

What are to long term affects if you do over do it? If you inject then cycles can go on for a very long time. What impact will that have??

2manyprojects

2manyprojects

Awards
I would think this would depend on a lot of things. User health, how strong of an oral you are taking, daily routine ( Alcohol consumption) if you are a drinker

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This is a bit like asking how many cigarettes it's safe to smoke a year.

Would smoking five cigarettes a year cause any long term health problems? Probably not. Would doing five weeks of tbol a year cause any long term health problems? Probably not. But the only guaranteed safe number for either is zero.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
im down to 1 a year .. maybe 2 .. and would be very light .. either a sarm or stano-plex

Scouse01

Scouse01

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm not asking for an exact answer. I'm asking for a debate on opinions and experiences people have had.

Has anyone on here experienced adverse affects? What were they?
Someone could be on gear all year round for 30 years and be okay while another one could have serious health problems couple years after abusing steroids. Your asking a question that can’t be answered.

Scouse01

Scouse01

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I think one a year is the safest way, but even that I do wonder what the long term affects of that are.
im down to 1 a year .. maybe 2 .. and would be very light .. either a sarm or stano-plex

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You’ll have different opinions and different experiences. Personally I never come off. I do 2-3 blasts a year ( 8weeks ) and stay on 250mg of test when I’m cruising. Is it going to negatively impact me after a while? Absolutely. I’ll come down to TRT one day.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think one a year is the safest way, but even that I do wonder what the long term affects of that are.
One cycle a year will not impact your longevity. There’s much worse things in life that the whole population takes for granted. Drinking a couple times a week throughout the year is ALOT more toxic and harsh on the body than one steroid cycle a year. Smoking too is horrible. One funny thing too is how people think fast-food and saturated food don’t harm them as much as it actually does. A guy doing steroids once or twice a year but eating 100% clean and almost 0 saturated food will have much much better cholesterol levels than someone not using any steroids but eating like crap.(like most people do)

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve only been messing around with light stuff and I do two a year for 8-12 weeks and I’m considering taking even longer breaks.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah with all these great natural builders and pre workouts .. i think its becoming easier and easier to get away from cycles

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah... nah. I don’t see having the physique I have right now with natural builders and pre workouts. But again, it’s risk vs rewards and what you want.

ofocurse you cant compare the roids vs natural stuff

yeah like you said risk vs rewards .. plus up to a age where you have family and spending more time with a kid ..dont have the time you used to have back in the days .. but wouldnt change anything in the world for it.

Scouse01

Scouse01

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yeah see that's the kind of answer I was looking for. Totally agree mate! I was thinking a long these lines too regarding all you have well said. I was holding back because I wanted to see if experienced guys on here were thinking a long the same lines. I suppose it boils down to the old faithful and that's as long as you do not abuse something ........etc etc.
One cycle a year will not impact your longevity. There’s much worse things in life that the whole population takes for granted. Drinking a couple times a week throughout the year is ALOT more toxic and harsh on the body than one steroid cycle a year. Smoking too is horrible. One funny thing too is how people think fast-food and saturated food don’t harm them as much as it actually does. A guy doing steroids once or twice a year but eating 100% clean and almost 0 saturated food will have much much better cholesterol levels than someone not using any steroids but eating like crap.(like most people do)

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Even though I tried a lot of stuff I’m not the most experienced but I can’t see how 1-2 “responsible” cycles a year will do much, if any, harm. When I say “responsible” I mean not abuse a compound and do low to moderate dosage&length, do throughout PCT as well as using support supplements.

This is easier said than done though... ;)

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Exactly. That’s the real problem lol. I don’t see that many people actually sticking to 1-2 a year. Except older guys
lol maybe thats it for me

no plus i can feel as getting older horrible sides coming easier

where as back in college days .. was popping phera. trenadrol with no issues.

Scouse01

Scouse01

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I manage to survive doing one or year. Usually this time. I find I am able to stay in good shape and physique throughout the year until xmas time when it all slides again. Then I start the process again 🤣

Scouse01

Scouse01

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I manage to survive doing one per year. Usually this time. I find I am able to stay in good shape and physique throughout the year until xmas time when it all slides again. Then I start the process again 🤣

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’ll vary person to person but getting regular bloods is the only way to really get a handle on how your body is coping.

for men over 35/40 ish there is an argument that helping to maintain a decent level of lean muscle mass via steroid use could actually be beneficial to health. But we are taking responsible use and not abuse.

A lot of issues with injectables come from the heavy metals that most ugls aren’t equipped to filter out, unlike pharma stuff. Of course getting legit pharma grade is much tougher unless you are on trt.

my personal view is that I try to optimise my health in every other way (don’t smoke, don’t drink, moderate LISS cardio, 15k steps a day, natural sunlight, earthing, organic meat, mainly unprocessed whole foods, epitalon once or twice a year, occasional fasts etc. I personally think that my two cycles a year (I don’t use crazy doses) still doesn’t make me less healthy that 99% of the population so I’m cool with that.

mid my bloods start indicating otherwise then of course I’d reassess

Scouse01

Scouse01

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yes I agree well said
It’ll vary person to person but getting regular bloods is the only way to really get a handle on how your body is coping.

for men over 35/40 ish there is an argument that helping to maintain a decent level of lean muscle mass via steroid use could actually be beneficial to health. But we are taking responsible use and not abuse.

A lot of issues with injectables come from the heavy metals that most ugls aren’t equipped to filter out, unlike pharma stuff. Of course getting legit pharma grade is much tougher unless you are on trt.

my personal view is that I try to optimise my health in every other way (don’t smoke, don’t drink, moderate LISS cardio, 15k steps a day, natural sunlight, earthing, organic meat, mainly unprocessed whole foods, epitalon once or twice a year, occasional fasts etc. I personally think that my two cycles a year (I don’t use crazy doses) still doesn’t make me less healthy that 99% of the population so I’m cool with that.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I manage to survive doing one per year. Usually this time. I find I am able to stay in good shape and physique throughout the year until xmas time when it all slides again. Then I start the process again 🤣
lol nov-dec is always the toughest

Scouse01

Scouse01

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So true!!! I do really well all year round, but every single dam Nov/Dec it just slips. Now I'm 37 the decline just happens so much quicker if I do not keep on top of it.
lol nov-dec is always the toughest

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Best answer tbh.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Has anyone; Run a methyl say in May for 4 weeks, pct/serm in June, July off and then back on a methyl or sarm for August ?

Flaunty34969

Awards
Bulk Dec-Jan

Cut April-May (this is the lighter of the 2, something like sarms or cortisol control products)

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
Lipids being F’d is my biggest concern in regards to overall health. Suppression and tits are also a concern but that’s not going to cause a heart attack like a plaque filled coronary artery would.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
Lipids being F’d is my biggest concern in regards to overall health. Suppression and tits are also a concern but that’s not going to cause a heart attack like a plaque filled coronary artery would.