How long to see results

bmahon

Awards
I know gaining muscle and losing fat isn't an over night process, but what is a realistic time frame until I see a result in the mirror. I'm 5'8" 160 lbs and I'm mainly looking to add some muscle and definition. I just recently started working out and eating appropriately so I know it'll take time, but how long? Thanks for any input.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
There are many factors that can contribute to your results and I don't think anyone can answer this for you, but from my own experience it took a good 1.5-2 months to see a shift in physique with a sound cardiovascular/weight training regement. Again, there are many factors to consider. Stay persistent and positive.

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
id say 3 to 4 months depending on if your wanting to build mass and strenght or if your going for the "cut" look

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, 3 months will a good diet/training plan and you should start to see some results. You should notice strength increases in that time as well.

jgaz18

jgaz18

Awards
Like they said in 3 months you will tell a difference but don't get discouraged you will see small changes that will give you motivation like noticing a muscle you hadn't noticed before and things! Just enjoy the journey

bmahon

Awards
thanks for the advice guys! I'm having a blast with it so far. I feel great and have a lot more energy.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I miss how easy it was to put on muscle when I first started lifting. Gets harder as you go so enjoy!

rockwholesale

Awards
It takes a while! Try to focus on the strength/health goals and over time your physique will develop. Just stay positive!

D3platinum

D3platinum

Awards
I always declare a td and do my dance when I see results.