How long to come back in terms of sexual function from low E2?

Thaddeu

Awards
What's up yall,

Recently started up with Defy medical for monitoring of TRT. I ran my sensitive E2 down to 16 and began suffering major low E2 symptoms. Weight loss, veiny, dry skin, dry scalp, anxiety but especially ED.

Test results:
Test: 1131pg/ml
E2: 16.4 (Sensitive)
SHBG: 41

I feel markedly better since the diagnosis literally a week ago today.
New Protocol:
DHEA 40mg daily
.45mg TEST e3.5d
.125mg arimidex e3.5d
500 mg Hcg e3.5d

Most symptoms have alleviated significantly within the week....except for sexual function. Erections are still very strange and not proper. Barely able to get it up, and feel like gonna have PE right away. Doc said def from low E2 definitely due to lack of serotonin and dopamine. How long for things to turn around in your experience? Thanks in advance!!!

Azov

Azov

Awards
Why dont you ask this same question to your doctor?

Thaddeu

Awards
He said most likely a week or two. Like I said, the mental issues of anxiety and lethargy vanished fairly quickly (within a week). Appetite bounced back very quickly as well, and pump in gym is back. Was just wondering if anyone could share their own personal experiences...apparently this happens to a lot of us that self administer their own trt

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
He said most likely a week or two. Like I said, the mental issues of anxiety and lethargy vanished fairly quickly (within a week). Appetite bounced back very quickly as well, and pump in gym is back. Was just wondering if anyone could share their own personal experiences...apparently this happens to a lot of us that self administer their own trt
Your Doc is correct. About two weeks and you should tell a difference. However, you need to understand that not everyone is the same. Some do well with their E2 that low and some need to be in the 20’s. Some even need to be close to 30 to feel good and “function” correctly. Communicate with your Doc on how you’re feeling so he can help you dial in your protocol.

Thaddeu

Awards
Thanks so much for your reply. He stated that he feels like E2 level should be dictated by SHBG level. Therefore, I would assume he is aiming to get me into the 30's?? He also said since SHBG is high normal, free test and total test should remain on the higher side, hence the 190mg test/week. Have you ever heard of any type of thought process? I guess he is subscribing to the T/E ratio...higher total test and shbg should allow for higher functional E2 level?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established