Unanswered How long site injection pain last?

Spookybro

Awards
Apparently I had a bad injection. First one ever!

400mg test E right into right quad (theigh) as usual.

My last injection 4 days ago (due for another injection) was fine for 24hrs then all a sudden the pain now is crazy. My muscle is sore and tight and I cant bend my leg without burning extreme pain. Can only bend 40%. How long does this last? Scared to inject my glutes cause if it goes bad I'll be screwed cause I sit a lot for work.

How long does this last and anything I can do to rid the pain? Stretching is painful.
Its swollen and hot to to touch and hurts extremely to bend.

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
worst I ever had took about a week to go away, but never from a long ester compound. Usually I only get PIP from acetate and prop. I ice it and take NSAIDs. If your still hurting just as bad or worse after 7 days post injection, then Id think about getting it checked out.

Honestly though I wouldn't worry about it too much. IME you will feel like you have the flu and running a fever if you have an abscess.

If your really worried about it, id draw a a circle around the swollen part and monitor to see if it grows, and monitor your temperature.

Lowkii

Lowkii

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It should go away in about a week. If you start feeling unwell or get a fever go to the Doctors straight away... 400mg in a virgin quads is going to hurt like hell tho. I don't inject quads because there's to many nerves etc... I've done nothing but glutes for over 2 years and most the time it's pain free.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Interestingly enough i never had pip, neither glutes or quads. I mean, i felt it for a day or two (usually first time i pinned said muscle), but it wasnt pain per se, merely sensation to the touch.

Using personal homebrew with plenty benzyl benzoate probably helped.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I always get pip, especially if I load a bit of air in to the syringe just to get that last little bit of test out of it that gets stuck in the section between the needle and syringe

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I always get pip, especially if I load a bit of air in to the syringe just to get that last little bit of test out of it that gets stuck in the section between the needle and syringe
Can’t be having that playaaa

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Can’t be having that playaaa
Freaked out a few times when i was careless and injected a bit of air subq on hcg shots hahah
Nothing happened thankfully (never forgot to aspirate ) and i am more careful nowadays.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Freaked out a few times when i was careless and injected a bit of air subq on hcg shots hahah
Nothing happened thankfully (never forgot to aspirate ) and i am more careful nowadays.
Same at first... not a good feeling.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Same at first... not a good feeling.
For whatever reason i simply forgot to get that drop of fluid comin out of the needle that i always make sure to do with any IM or subQ injection.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dont underestimate ibuprofen in this situation. I don't use that crap for any pain or swelling bc it never seems to effect me. BUT for PIP that stuff will settle it down in an hour or 2...takes me from pain like your describing to being able to go about things normally. Just have to redose several times a day

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
cant say i had alot of PIP ( post injection pain) and I am only on m y second cycle. I do know I am sensative to Ethyl olean? EO and it caused bumps and red marks. I have some sust left with it and what i have done is heat up the bottle insuring the stopper does not get wet for 10 min in warm water. I also use a 1 and 1/2 inch pin. I have also only been injecting 1/2cc into each thigh instead of 1 cc as befroe. I migth try 1cc again coming up