How long should I wait for my next cycle?

mslifer904

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I want to start a new cycle soon but wanted yall’s input.

I did just about a 10 week test run at the beginning of the year. Was taking test cyp @ 500mg/ week by pinning 250mg E3D, although I have my reasons to believe it was underdosed a bit. First time using this new source and gains weren’t nearly as crazy as previous runs and didn’t really have that “on” feeling, nor did I feel the normal fullness you get on cycle or experience any crazy pumps.

last shot of test was on March 6th. Waited two weeks, then started Clomid for PCT. did 50/50/25/25/10 and feel like I’ve recovered fine.( I always use Clomid and have never had an issue bouncing back) been about 6 weeks now since I started PCT and Libido is back in full swing, nuts aren’t shrunken, no fatigue, and I honestly only lost maybe 5% of my strength and gains from the cycle. Still pretty much at the same weight/reps I was at on cycle. The one thing I haven’t gotten done yet is bloods, which I know is important. I plan on trying to get them done next week.

I still have two bottles left in my stash that I want to run ASAP. It’s a stack that consists of MENT & Msten. Each bottle is 10mg Msten and 30mg MENT per day. Keep in mind I’ve ran both these compounds at least 3-4 times, and I react well to them.

What are your thoughts on starting this10mg Msten and 30mg MENT stack in the next two weeks or so? I’d keep the cycle to 4 weeks top. How bad of an idea is starting this cycle soon lol.

oh and I’m 29, been lifting 10 years. Have close to 10 cycles under my belt. Diet and training are completely dialed in and both are rigorously monitored. I’m ok with having to be on TRT in a few years.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The body needs a lot more time then that to get back to 100% homeostasis. It takes a year to really get there. And mentally, that's also a really big problem if you cycle to much. You'll get really unbalanced, you'll loose your baseline (so to speak).

I've been there, doing cycles with the general rule of thumb: time off = time on + pct. But this doesn't really work. You get wrecked, mentally and physically.

So my advice is to basically do one cycle a year, period. Make the best off it.

And no, it's not a good idea to do a 4 week cycle now. Even a two week cycle. Dont do anything to your body. Let the hormones settle, let the dopamine and serotonin system settle, allow the adrenergic system to calm down, tha parasympathetic drive to let go, etc. get accustomed to feeling normal, etc. And I haven't even mentioned stuff like lipids, kidneys, ...

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I want to start a new cycle soon but wanted yall’s input.

I did just about a 10 week test run at the beginning of the year. Was taking test cyp @ 500mg/ week by pinning 250mg E3D, although I have my reasons to believe it was underdosed a bit. First time using this new source and gains weren’t nearly as crazy as previous runs and didn’t really have that “on” feeling, nor did I feel the normal fullness you get on cycle or experience any crazy pumps.

last shot of test was on March 6th. Waited two weeks, then started Clomid for PCT. did 50/50/25/25/10 and feel like I’ve recovered fine.( I always use Clomid and have never had an issue bouncing back) been about 6 weeks now since I started PCT and Libido is back in full swing, nuts aren’t shrunken, no fatigue, and I honestly only lost maybe 5% of my strength and gains from the cycle. Still pretty much at the same weight/reps I was at on cycle. The one thing I haven’t gotten done yet is bloods, which I know is important. I plan on trying to get them done next week.

I still have two bottles left in my stash that I want to run ASAP. It’s a stack that consists of MENT & Msten. Each bottle is 10mg Msten and 30mg MENT per day. Keep in mind I’ve ran both these compounds at least 3-4 times, and I react well to them.

What are your thoughts on starting this10mg Msten and 30mg MENT stack in the next two weeks or so? I’d keep the cycle to 4 weeks top. How bad of an idea is starting this cycle soon lol.

oh and I’m 29, been lifting 10 years. Have close to 10 cycles under my belt. Diet and training are completely dialed in and both are rigorously monitored. I’m ok with having to be on TRT in a few years.
"Jinsun, post: 6499444, member: 268585"]
The body needs a lot more time then that to get back to 100% homeostasis. It takes a year to really get there. And mentally, that's also a really big problem if you cycle to much. You'll get really unbalanced, you'll loose your baseline (so to speak).

I've been there, doing cycles with the general rule of thumb: time off = time on + pct. But this doesn't really work. You get wrecked, mentally and physically.

And no, it's not a good idea to do a 4 week cycle now. Even a two week cycle. Dont do anything to your body. Let the hormones settle, let the dopamine and serotonin system settle, allow the adrenergic system to calm down, tha parasympathetic drive to let go, etc. get accustomed to feeling normal, etc. And I haven't even mentioned stuff like lipids, kidneys, ...
[/QUOTE]

^^^ 100% Agree ^^^

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

yep, can’t really say it better than this.

mslifer904

Awards
  • First Up Vote

I honestly don’t know what I was expecting. I figured I’d get a response like this. I guess the irresponsible part of me was hoping I’d get someone saying hell yeah yolo it and cycle to justify taking it now. I just moved and found my PH stash & had the knee-jerk reaction to want to start cycling despite having just come off of my last.

for the last 5 years I’ve been averaging one cycle a year and have done just fine on that. I’m just the type that if I have it I’ll want to try and justify using it then and there because im impatient.

I’m just gonna have to find a way to be ok with being pissed I can’t run my PH right now. Thanks for talking me off that ledge 😂

I’ll be getting bloods done next week and will have a nice baseline to go off of while I finish recovering and getting back to homeostasis.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I honestly don’t know what I was expecting. I figured I’d get a response like this. I guess the irresponsible part of me was hoping I’d get someone saying hell yeah yolo it and cycle to justify taking it now. I just moved and found my PH stash & had the knee-jerk reaction to want to start cycling despite having just come off of my last.

for the last 5 years I’ve been averaging one cycle a year and have done just fine on that. I’m just the type that if I have it I’ll want to try and justify using it then and there because im impatient.

I’m just gonna have to find a way to be ok with being pissed I can’t run my PH right now. Thanks for talking me off that ledge 😂

I’ll be getting bloods done next week and will have a nice baseline to go off of while I finish recovering and getting back to homeostasis.
Good choice bro. We learn from our mistakes, and what I wrote is what I learned by myself. Tbh, if it was somebody else telling me, I probably would have listened. We usually need to experience things for ourself to really grasp the meaning behind certain truths ...

If it's a problem for you to have the gear at hand, give to a friend for safe keeping or something. It's what I used to do with coke : D I just had more peace of mind, if my gf kept it for me at her place, for example ...

Do the bloods a bit later though, if you want a true off cycle reference. Like do them after the summer. But if you're just checking if you recovered then go ahead.

mslifer904

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Good choice bro. We learn from our mistakes, and what I wrote is what I learned by myself. Tbh, if it was somebody else telling me, I probably would have listened. We usually need to experience things for ourself to really grasp the meaning behind certain truths ...

If it's a problem for you to have the gear at hand, give to a friend for safe keeping or something. It's what I used to do with coke : D I just had more peace of mind, if my gf kept it for me at her place, for example ...

Do the bloods a bit later though, if you want a true off cycle reference. Like do them after the summer. But if you're just checking if you recovered then go ahead.
Haha already one step ahead of you. Texted my buddy who’s gonna keep them in his safe until enough time has passed that it’s ok to cycle again.

couldn’t agree more about having to experience things yourself to truly grasp the meaning.

and the bloods are just so I can really know where I’m at. I know I feel fine, but that doesn’t mean ****; my liver could be failing for all I know.

anyways, thanks again bud. Needed someone to talk some sense into me.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha already one step ahead of you. Texted my buddy who’s gonna keep them in his safe until enough time has passed that it’s ok to cycle again.

couldn’t agree more about having to experience things yourself to truly grasp the meaning.

and the bloods are just so I can really know where I’m at. I know I feel fine, but that doesn’t mean ****; my liver could be failing for all I know.

anyways, thanks again bud. Needed someone to talk some sense into me.
Haha great.

Aaight then, peace

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I do 1-2 per year.

If you want to know how long you should really wait.

You wait till your bloodworm shows everything normal and healthy, then you spend about 2+ months longer off or trt so that you actually spent some time being healthy, then you plan another cycle. If you finish a cycle and it takes you 2 months to get back to normal and you hope right back on then you actually spent only a few days being healthy till you start heading back in the opposite direction.

It's also really up to you. If I was just going from trt to a higher dose of test and adding someone mild like eq or npp then I'd be comfortable only taking like 2-3 months off, if I ran some orals during that cycle I would take more time off because the orals are most likely going to trash my blood work and health markers ect which I would want more time to get back to range and spend time in range. If I didn't do trt and had to pct after a cycle I would take even more time off

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You wait till your bloodworm shows everything normal and healthy
This would be a valid statement if it also accounted for brain chemistry. Also, as in regards to hormones, nobody really measures neurosteroids, E1, E3, DHT, etc (the details). When all of that is in order, you'll know that hormonaly you're ballanced. I mean, just going by lipids and LH, TT, is not really doing much.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This would be a valid statement if it also accounted for brain chemistry. Also, as in regards to hormones, nobody really measures neurosteroids, E1, E3, DHT, etc (the details). When all of that is in order, you'll know that hormonaly you're ballanced. I mean, just going by lipids and LH, TT, is not really doing much.
I don't know a ton about the brain chemistry effects, but Im not just saying wait till everything looks good and hop back on, I'm saying get to that point then spend time at that point so things can normalize and stay normal for a while. I'd like to say I'm not worried about brain chemistry cus I "feel" the same mentally on cycle, off cycle on trt. But I don't know what's really being affected from that.

I do know that I don't get that on feeling lots of ppl talk about. There was no confidence boost or any of the other things ppl say they get. Even on my first cycle I remember waiting weeks thinking sooner or later I'm gonna feel it. Then after my first pct I was dreading the possibility of feeling crappy or depressed and the other stuff ppl say can happen but that never came either. I'd like to assume that means it's not screwing with my brain chemistry but at the end of the day I got no clue. Just not a concern to me. I've definitely seen ppl that you can look at or talk to them and you can tell there on cycle or off by there personality. I always found that kinda weird that it can do that to some ppl. I'm assuming that has something to do with brain chemistry