How long have you been fasting? When was your last carb?

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Ive talked about diet, fasting and keto with a few people but its always on personal logs and seems truncated or split in many threads. I figured maybe I could start a thread for people to discuss things like fasting, carb manipulation etc.

How is your fasting going? How do you manipulate carbs? What is currently going on in your experiment? Feel free to post a wall of text about your nutritional philosophy or simply how long you've been fasting.

Oh, and lets try to get some pics in so we can see what lifestyles create what looks! Heres where what ive posted has gotten me so far. I think im gunna have to clean up my weekends a bit to make more progress.

Attachments

Last edited:

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
So, currently I've been intermittent fasting during the week with 2 day weekend gluttony to compliment intense/high volume lifting during the weekend and carb reload from keto during the week. Sometimes I eat carbs on wednesdays if I am training a lot during the week. Well, thats the plan anyway, not that I always stick to it perfectly.

As of today, I ate like a glutton the last two days. Fats, sugars, protien, whatever i want. Got 8 hours fasted just cuz i went to bed, but that doesnt count at all time to go back into keto mode for the week.

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
And ill a try "inviting" a few people I've seen in the threads discussing this stuff in the past. If yall know others, feel free to send up a smoke signal.
@hairygrandpa @Chados @ValiantThor08 @saderboy80 @EMPIREMIND

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Lately I have been alternating through doing strict keto without carb loading, and carb back loading keto. Been doing more backloading lately than straight keto, but think I am going to get back into straight keto without carbs for an extended period of time. Nob training days I do true IF until 1pm, and on training days I lift in the morning fasted, and have 50g protein with olive oil and mu nootropics post workout. On strictly keto day I get about 160g protein, and over 200g fat for about 2400 calories, and on a carb backload day, which is post weight training, I eat ketogenic for lunch, and for dinner have protein and simple carbs to refresh muscle glycogen without refreshing the liver. I want to dive into all carnivore a little bit later, and just consume beef daily. I have experienced better fluid energy throughout the day through stable low blood sugar, and through the body being able to constantly produce ketones through my own fat when it runs out of dietary fat. Inflammation is lower on strict keto, and anytime I backload I experience the rise in inflammation by the carbs. A lot of people fear loss of muscle strength/power in the gym from fat based energy diet, and at first you do suffer from that for a little while, but then you pick back up that power and endurance as your body better utilizes fat. What I and many others have experienced. I like it, and will continue this lifestyle until I die.

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Don't claim to have the best physique, but I have put in hard work, bringing myself up in weight from 112lbs to 162. View attachment 182318
Looks like your routine is doing well for you. Ive recently learned about carb backloading and have been playing a little with it if I do intense workouts during the week. I seem to get back into ketosis pretty quickly next day. Its the qeekends when i go overboard where i lose progress.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not fasting really, I do have days where I don't eat until later afternoon but that's if I feel really full from the day before and food kinda makes you feel a bit sick. Its just me trying to be logical and say, sure bodybuilding requires eating but my body will also tell me if I've been eating too much. I like doing this once or twice during the week and have an almost everything goes day on Saturday where I sometimes have a pizza, Thai food or whatever. It doesn't have to be unhealthy just not something I cook myself.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I intermittently fast for 12-20 hours depending on circumstances. Most recently did a 5 day fast followed by a week reefed, then 12 day fast. Lost 29lbs and improved digestion a lot

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
I'm not fasting really, I do have days where I don't eat until later afternoon but that's if I feel really full from the day before and food kinda makes you feel a bit sick. Its just me trying to be logical and say, sure bodybuilding requires eating but my body will also tell me if I've been eating too much. I like doing this once or twice during the week and have an almost everything goes day on Saturday where I sometimes have a pizza, Thai food or whatever. It doesn't have to be unhealthy just not something I cook myself.
Thanks. I know you may not fast but i know you are also a wealth of info on diet and ways to tweak things from your contribution to other threads. Interesting you are talking about listening to your body when to eat and not to. Before i did fasting and keto my body was so unregulated it never cared to speak to me. Now I can feel ketosis, inflammation, insulin sensitivity etc. so i am now learning how to be moderate, but thats not natural to me

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Lately I have been alternating through doing strict keto without carb loading, and carb back loading keto. Been doing more backloading lately than straight keto, but think I am going to get back into straight keto without carbs for an extended period of time. Nob training days I do true IF until 1pm, and on training days I lift in the morning fasted, and have 50g protein with olive oil and mu nootropics post workout. On strictly keto day I get about 160g protein, and over 200g fat for about 2400 calories, and on a carb backload day, which is post weight training, I eat ketogenic for lunch, and for dinner have protein and simple carbs to refresh muscle glycogen without refreshing the liver. I want to dive into all carnivore a little bit later, and just consume beef daily. I have experienced better fluid energy throughout the day through stable low blood sugar, and through the body being able to constantly produce ketones through my own fat when it runs out of dietary fat. Inflammation is lower on strict keto, and anytime I backload I experience the rise in inflammation by the carbs. A lot of people fear loss of muscle strength/power in the gym from fat based energy diet, and at first you do suffer from that for a little while, but then you pick back up that power and endurance as your body better utilizes fat. What I and many others have experienced. I like it, and will continue this lifestyle until I die.
I agree, switching to keto actually gave me gains when i went a strict 4 weeks to adapt. Im thinking prolonged keto too, but i think if i could do a proper carb refeed on weekends instead of going totally off the wagon with pastries and pizza id be able.to achieve results without strict keto. But as i said earlier, im not good at moderation. So strict keto may be the only way i can maintain my macros through the weekend.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. I know you may not fast but i know you are also a wealth of info on diet and ways to tweak things from your contribution to other threads. Interesting you are talking about listening to your body when to eat and not to. Before i did fasting and keto my body was so unregulated it never cared to speak to me. Now I can feel ketosis, inflammation, insulin sensitivity etc. so i am now learning how to be moderate, but thats not natural to me

I think something has to be said about wellbeing. As long as you know you get the calories weekly I think you should listen to your body. If you feel crazy bloated it's probably better to let the body rest and wait with the meal, if you feel flat then your body probably tells you it's time to eat.

Many people overestimate the eating and they think they have to take the gainer at night before bed because they didn't have time or forgot during the day.

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
I think something has to be said about wellbeing. As long as you know you get the calories weekly I think you should listen to your body. If you feel crazy bloated it's probably better to let the body rest and wait with the meal, if you feel flat then your body probably tells you it's time to eat.

Many people overestimate the eating and they think they have to take the gainer at night before bed because they didn't have time or forgot during the day.
Ive been doing great during the week: Strict keto and a carb up wednesdays if i need it, but weekends have been killing me. I definately dont need more calories, but if i could moderate my cheats better Id have more of the wellbeing you are mentioning. I really like keto during the week with IF as I am insanely productive, but by the time my weekend comes im so starved for "wellbeing" that I rebound a little too hard. So i guess my body is telling me exactly what you are. I need to moderate my moderation to being more moderate...

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I agree, switching to keto actually gave me gains when i went a strict 4 weeks to adapt. Im thinking prolonged keto too, but i think if i could do a proper carb refeed on weekends instead of going totally off the wagon with pastries and pizza id be able.to achieve results without strict keto. But as i said earlier, im not good at moderation. So strict keto may be the only way i can maintain my macros through the weekend.
Mainly mostly going strict keto for my wives sake, cause it I eat carbs, she will want carbs, and then she will stay on carbs lol.

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Mainly mostly going strict keto for my wives sake, cause it I eat carbs, she will want carbs, and then she will stay on carbs lol.
When my wife started keto w me it was a godsend. Also, be careful, fasting and keto can mess w womens hormones if they go as hard as we do with it.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
When my wife started keto w me it was a godsend. Also, be careful, fasting and keto can mess w womens hormones if they go as hard as we do with it.
Her hormones have been so messed up due to pregnancy and post pregnancy. crazy.

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
I intermittently fast for 12-20 hours depending on circumstances. Most recently did a 5 day fast followed by a week reefed, then 12 day fast. Lost 29lbs and improved digestion a lot
Nice! Ive never done a 5 day fast, but as ive read about the benefits of prolonged fasting feel like trying it. I like to do 48 hour fasts once in a while. The only problem i have is going to sleep fasted. I have trouble sleeping in the first place, but with an empty stomach and keto brain, im a wreck. So ive been demotivated to go much past 48 hours.

But on my 48 hour fast i feel pretty spiritual and peaceful towards the end. Do you get that with your 5 day fasts?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice! Ive never done a 5 day fast, but as ive read about the benefits of prolonged fasting feel like trying it. I like to do 48 hour fasts once in a while. The only problem i have is going to sleep fasted. I have trouble sleeping in the first place, but with an empty stomach and keto brain, im a wreck. So ive been demotivated to go much past 48 hours.

But on my 48 hour fast i feel pretty spiritual and peaceful towards the end. Do you get that with your 5 day fasts?
The insomnia is universal in a fast, I guess. Found myself most energetic and motivated after day 3, no hunger cravings -but cravings for taste. Like fruits. Here the zero cal pouches with instant juice are very helpful, if you just can't control it.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been doing IF for a few months now as well as keto(palumbo style). There’s a lot of benefits I found to it. as a general principle, I use food to grow as we all should and have eaten 3-400 in protein for years consistently. Now that I have a decent base I found with fasting I have been able to maintain my strentgh but able to drop a good amount of body fat.

Here’s some of the pros I have noticed:

I have a smaller waist, no question. This is more than likely because I am not eating 6 solid meals a day, which were usually meat and a lot of vegetables. Now I get in around one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight on average, and although after my meals my stomach distended, the next morning It is flat.

I also have a much more demanding family life and work schedule. Going from cooking twice a day and meal prepping for years, IF is simply more convienient, I don’t have to spend as much time prepping. And since me activity levels have been lower, my caloric needs have changed...

It’s cheaper, not as many meals needed = less money spent on groceries.

Keto has helped with my energy, I don’t have many low energy days and can still train intensely, even though I am fasted. I have to think this has something to do with my body using ketones for energy, and even in the fasted state I have body fat to burn for energy. Traditionally I have done keto without the fasting regimen and I have always attributed my results to my reduction in appetite as opposed to using ketones, but I have done 26hr fasts and then hit intense leg training sessions and was still progressing in my lifts or at least maintaining. This was an eye opener for me.

Reduction of appetite... simple and plain I just do not think about food like that anymore, this has been another eye opener to me, so take my comments about keto reducing my appetite and double it, because my appetite is by far the lowest it’s ever been with the combination of the two

Insulin sensitivity has increased tremendously. No surprise there!

Cons:
Some days just suck... no energy, CNS seems to take more of a beating and needs longer to recover, pumps can sometimes be non existent.

Cannot train as long as I would like to sometimes. I have to shorten my volume and time in the gym if I want to keep progressing... this could also be a pro if your time is limited. Currently it is a pro for me because of my schedule, but in the long term this would drive me crazy!

In the last few months I have recomped nicely. I have had a few carb refeeds as I felt needed and due to my insulin sensitivity they only helped further my progress. I have decided at some point very soon to introduce carbs in periworkout. This has already worked to my advantage and now that I have made a big dent in fat loss, I want to further recomp and adjust my nutrition to fuel more training. I will still try to get in a 24hr fast once a week and cut out my carbs on rest days or days with low activity.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have been doing IF for a few months now as well as keto(palumbo style). There’s a lot of benefits I found to it. as a general principle, I use food to grow as we all should and have eaten 3-400 in protein for years consistently. Now that I have a decent base I found with fasting I have been able to maintain my strentgh but able to drop a good amount of body fat.

I have a smaller waist, no question. This is more than likely because I am not eating 6 solid meals a day, which were usually meat and a lot of vegetables. Now I get in around one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight on average, and although after my meals my stomach distended, the next morning It is flat.

I also have a much more demanding family life and work schedule. Going from cooking twice a day and meal prepping for years, IF is simply more convienient, I don’t have to spend as much time prepping. And since me activity levels have been lower, my caloric needs have changed...

Keto has helped with my energy, I don’t have many low energy days and can still train intensely, even though I am fasted. I have to think this has something to do with my body using ketones for energy, and even in the fasted state I have body fat to burn for energy. Traditionally I have done keto without the fasting regimen and I have always attributed my results to my reduction in appetite as opposed to using ketones, but I have done 26hr fasts and then hit intense leg training sessions and was still progressing in my lifts or at least maintaining. This was an eye opener for me.

Reduction of appetite... simple and plain I just do not think about food like that anymore, this has been another eye opener to me, so take my comments about keto reducing my appetite and double it, because my appetite is by far the lowest it’s ever been with the combination of the two

Cons:
Some days just suck... no energy, CNS seems to take more of a beating and needs longer to recover, pumps can sometimes be non existent.

Cannot train as long as I would like to sometimes. I have to shorten my volume and time in the gym if I want to keep progressing... this could also be a pro if your time is limited. Currently it is a pro for me because of my schedule, but in the long term this would drive me crazy!

In the last few months I have recomped nicely. I have had a few carb refeeds as I felt needed and due to my insulin sensitivity they only helped further my progress. I have decided at some point very soon to introduce carbs in periworkout. This has already worked to my advantage and now that I have made a big dent in fat loss, I want to further recomp and adjust my nutrition to fuel more training. I will still try to get in a 24hr fast once a week and cut out my carbs on rest days or days with low activity.
Good post.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Curious as well as typically you hear after 24 hours your body starts working on healing itself and numerous articles I have read shows this peaks around 3-5 days. I'd never be able to go that long personally but I am always curious as to what people get in benefits/recovery.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

This is increase in cortisol and I also theorize you don’t actually need as much sleep cause your body isn’t using energy digesting, detoxing, maintaining homeostasis.

Yes on the spiritual/peaceful. It actually is the main reason that fasting is hard for me. The feeling makes me disconnect from our reality(unplug from the matrix?) and puts everything into perspective. Makes my job seem silly and I lose my drive and aggression to keep the capitalism flywheel spinning.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Curious as well as typically you hear after 24 hours your body starts working on healing itself and numerous articles I have read shows this peaks around 3-5 days. I'd never be able to go that long personally but I am always curious as to what people get in benefits/recovery.
I wouldn’t say it peaks at 3-5 but really starts. This is when ketosis is deep and autophagy ramps up. Highly suggest you read @hairygrandpa fasting log and the topics covered by @Spurfy

This graph will give you a lot to research from

IMG_7328.JPG

Fasted

Awards
  • Established

Cons:

I agree with how making gains on keto really opens ones eyes and makes you rethink things. Im still not able to do really intense workouts fasted, but thats probably something to do with me going out of ketosis each weekend, but i can do steady state cardio fasted no issue. Im wondering what would happed if i started doing some fasted hiit and heavier lifting during the week. Oh, and great post.
This is increase in cortisol and I also theorize you don’t actually need as much sleep cause your body isn’t using energy digesting, detoxing, maintaining homeostasis.

Yes on the spiritual/peaceful. It actually is the main reason that fasting is hard for me. The feeling makes me disconnect from our reality(unplug from the matrix?) and puts everything into perspective. Makes my job seem silly and I lose my drive and aggression to keep the capitalism flywheel spinning.
Lol. When i do 48 hour fasts its usually thirsday and friday no food. 9n friday mornings i am so relaxed and it would be perfect for a weekend, but its almost too relaxed for work. Just keto and IF keeps me productive, but fasting over 24 hours its almost like Im a little high. If i feel like that from 24-48 i can only imagine past 72 hours.
I wouldn’t say it peaks at 3-5 but really starts. This is when ketosis is deep and autophagy ramps up. Highly suggest you read @hairygrandpa fasting log and the topics covered by @Spurfy

This graph will give you a lot to research from

View attachment 182360
Awesome graph!

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
The insomnia is universal in a fast, I guess. Found myself most energetic and motivated after day 3, no hunger cravings -but cravings for taste. Like fruits. Here the zero cal pouches with instant juice are very helpful, if you just can't control it.
I hate my insomnia. Not enough thc and cbd in the world to get me to sleep through a night... when i am fasted or keto i have trouble falling asleep, otherwise trouble staying asleep.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I hate my insomnia. Not enough thc and cbd in the world to get me to sleep through a night... when i am fasted or keto i have trouble falling asleep, otherwise trouble staying asleep.
Thanks
i usually just do 25-50mg of benedryl at night, this also helps with my allergies as well. Also if you don’t already try some melatonin (I usually do 6mg). These two together usually set me straight no problem

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree with how making gains on keto really opens ones eyes and makes you rethink things. Im still not able to do really intense workouts fasted, but thats probably something to do with me going out of ketosis each weekend, but i can do steady state cardio fasted no issue. Im wondering what would happed if i started doing some fasted hiit and heavier lifting during the week. Oh, and great post.
Thanks. I would tell you that for me I have to really dig deep and make sure I am focused on the task at hand. I have my workout already written out and then just get it done. I usually do this no matter what, but when your depleted this is very very helpful. Sometimes I can fall short of my goals, but with fasting for me it’s always about fat loss, so as long as I am prioritizing that I don’t feel as bad dropping some of my poundages as needed. Once I get through my first two exercises at full tilt I tend to really have to dig deep and push through. This is also another reason why I like shorter more intense sessions, I just feel it’s more effective. As far as hiit cardio, And intensity overall I would just err on the side of caution and build up over time, because this in many ways can be counter productive, especially if your starting to burn muscle or get injured. Based on my experiences keto and fasting are both just another type of adaptation and stimulus for your body to get used to. The more you fast the easier it gets, and the same goes for keto. For me keto is a breeze and aside from the pumps my training usually does not suffer at all. The fasting part of it is what can be problematic especially with training.

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Thanks

i usually just do 25-50mg of benedryl at night, this also helps with my allergies as well. Also if you don’t already try some melatonin (I usually do 6mg). These two together usually set me straight no problem
Lol, thats funny. I try really hard not to use anything other than thc and cbd to sleep lest i form another habit with deminishing returns. But i allow myself one day a week if i get so tired i become disfunctional. Today just happens to be that day! Oh, i have melatonin too

Attachments

Last edited:

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. I would tell you that for me I have to really dig deep and make sure I am focused on the task at hand. I have my workout already written out and then just get it done. I usually do this no matter what, but when your depleted this is very very helpful. Sometimes I can fall short of my goals, but with fasting for me it’s always about fat loss, so as long as I am prioritizing that I don’t feel as bad dropping some of my poundages as needed. Once I get through my first two exercises at full tilt I tend to really have to dig deep and push through. This is also another reason why I like shorter more intense sessions, I just feel it’s more effective. As far as hiit cardio, And intensity overall I would just err on the side of caution and build up over time, because this in many ways can be counter productive, especially if your starting to burn muscle or get injured. Based on my experiences keto and fasting are both just another type of adaptation and stimulus for your body to get used to. The more you fast the easier it gets, and the same goes for keto. For me keto is a breeze and aside from the pumps my training usually does not suffer at all. The fasting part of it is what can be problematic especially with training.
Im really good about being intense at the gym. Im very responsive to music, so i just set a good song on and im pretty good for putting in 110%. My problem is on the diet side. As i like to put it, i have lots of will power, but need more won't power.

For example, ive been fasting like i should, but also eating carbs all week. Not a ton, and im back in ketosis every evening when i get home. Just made butterscotch custard and put it up to set. The eggs make it ok Now i gotta get a full body, high volume, bodyweight weight workout in so i can eat. TECHNICALLY i broke my fast licking the pan.

But i know im not going to get to where i want until i clean that up for a few months. So next week needs to be better.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just broke my first extended fast a half hour ago! 3 bites of a lettuce wrap burger from five guys with extra cheese, hot sauce, jalapeños, onions, and mushrooms. Went 5 days and everything was waaaaay easier than I expected, but I have been doing 16:8 IF for almost a decade and started OMAD in December so I think that definitely made it easier. Surprisingly experienced very few cravings at all and the only negative side effect I experienced was sleep, but my sleep was not nearly as bad as many people here are experiencing.

182 in Dec when I started OMAD, down to 167 on Saturday when I started my fast and gained strength during this period. Will be weighing myself tonight at the gym and will be trying Keto OMAD for awhile here. Will likely do another extended fast soon though, very happy with the results!

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Just broke my first extended fast a half hour ago! 3 bites of a lettuce wrap burger from five guys with extra cheese, hot sauce, jalapeños, onions, and mushrooms. Went 5 days and everything was waaaaay easier than I expected, but I have been doing 16:8 IF for almost a decade and started OMAD in December so I think that definitely made it easier. Surprisingly experienced very few cravings at all and the only negative side effect I experienced was sleep, but my sleep was not nearly as bad as many people here are experiencing.

182 in Dec when I started OMAD, down to 167 on Saturday when I started my fast and gained strength during this period. Will be weighing myself tonight at the gym and will be trying Keto OMAD for awhile here. Will likely do another extended fast soon though, very happy with the results!
Congratulations on completing your fast, I'll bet that burger was epic! Ive been leaning towards one meal a day lately as I've been a little less active cuz my knee is messed up.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Started with 3 bites at 6:00 and have done a bite every 15-20 minutes to keep it safe haha, still have more than half of it left. I’m at work and don’t need to get sick here. Stomach is definitely a bit bubbly but goddamn the taste is amazing! So nice to taste something other than salt water with a tiny hint of lime

If anyone has 5 guys burgers in their area the lettuce wraps are phenomenal btw and very Keto friendly!

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Started with 3 bites at 6:00 and have done a bite every 15-20 minutes to keep it safe haha, still have more than half of it left. I’m at work and don’t need to get sick here. Stomach is definitely a bit bubbly but goddamn the taste is amazing! So nice to taste something other than salt water with a tiny hint of lime

If anyone has 5 guys burgers in their area the lettuce wraps are phenomenal btw and very Keto friendly!
Nice work. I crush 5 guys with lettuce :)

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol, thats funny. I try really hard not to use anything other than thc and cbd to sleep lest i form another habit with deminishing returns. But i allow myself one day a week if i get so tired i become disfunctional. Today just happens to be that day! Oh, i have melatonin too
Works like a charm man...

Last edited:

Fasted

Awards
  • Established

A bite every 15 minutes? I couldn't do it.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I used ZMK on my extended fast, so I did not have the insomnia problem. Good quality sleep.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A bite every 15 minutes? I couldn't do it.
Haha heard way too many horror stories about eating too fast after ending a fast so I wanted to play it safe.

Weighed 162 at the gym after eating a big ass burger and thoroughly rehydrating myself! Seems like a solid 5lb loss in 5 days. Workout went way better than I expected, felt like normal. I wasn’t setting PRs but I wasn’t weaker than normal either. Didn’t lose the fat in the places I was hoping for but my lower chest and clavicle area are both significantly more defined than they were 5 days ago. Mirror check this morning looks the same as it did yesterday!

I wanted to extend the fast longer but I need to have a social life. Heavily considering fasting Sunday night through Thursday night next week to drop a bit more fat off though. Might just make this my regular routine for a couple of weeks until I hit 10% or so, I’d estimate I’m probably at 14% right now

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My insomnia is regardless of fasting.
Insomnia sucks. Waking up at 530am, and maintaining that schedule has helped for me. As well as using invictus which lowered my cortisol.