How long before the end of a SERM run should I start an AI

conkertheking

Awards
  • Established
Not strictly PCT, but felt this was the most relevant forum to ask in:

I've been prescribed 12 weeks of Raloxifene by my doctor in order to try and kill some pubertal gyno. I am now two months into that.
I'm getting a blood profile with two weeks to go until the end of the run, haven't been taking any AI because I want to see how ralox affects hormones and don't want to contaminate the blood sample with the results of an AI. However, I do have two bottles of transdermal formestane with two more on the way (First two bottles Formeron and second two TransFORM).

My question is, in order to prevent ralox rebound, should I start taking the formestane two weeks before the end of the run, immediately after my blood test? I presume like most AIs that it has a cumulative effect and therefore must be given time to build up before one can say they're properly inhibited, so is two weeks enough to avoid a rebound, or is that excessive and could I get away with running the ralox for even longer without taking an AI? Would 7 days be enough, for instance?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
start it the day or day after your last dose. Ralo is a strong AI so you do not want to double up on AI's and cause a massive E crash

conkertheking

Awards
  • Established
start it the day or day after your last dose. Ralo is a strong AI so you do not want to double up on AI's and cause a massive E crash
As I understand it, Ralox being SERM actually increases estrogen levels because your brain sees that estrogen receptors aren't being activated and increases test production (and therefore e2 production) in order to correct that. Ralox doesn't have any AI properties that I know of.

So this isn't about doubling up on an AI, but mixing an AI with a SERM.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
As I understand it, Ralox being SERM actually increases estrogen levels because your brain sees that estrogen receptors aren't being activated and increases test production (and therefore e2 production) in order to correct that. Ralox doesn't have any AI properties that I know of.

So this isn't about doubling up on an AI, but mixing an AI with a SERM.
my fault, I lumped it into the AI group but I do know it is a SERM. I call nolva an AI too but we all know it's a serm(and i should break this habit). You are completely correct on how it works. I would still wait about waiting until the last dose. Someone surely knows more than me though

conkertheking

Awards
  • Established
Will go with this unless anyone else has an opinion? My instinct I have to say is to begin the AI a few days before ceasing the SERM so that by the time any rebound would begin, sufficient amounts of aromatase have already been blocked. If I start formestane the day after my last dose, that's leaving a window between stopping the SERM and having enough aromatase deactivated to avoid rebound.