How does AAS/PH's effect TRT blood tests?!?!?!?!

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently on TRT and use one tube of Testim daily to maintain an approx. T-level of 775+/-. I'm also currently doing a cycle of Epi/Halodrol.

If I schedule my routine TRT blood test during this Epi/Halodrol cycle, besides poor lipid values, will it cause my TESTOSTERONE level to be artificially high? Low? No effect?

Anyone have experience with TRT and AAS/PH and blood tests?????

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Of course it will...
So the Labquest testosterone test will read the Epi/Halodrol conversion in the body as "Natural testosterone"? I guess that is why I'm confused on this subject. When pro's are tested for "steroids", they have to be tested for specific anabolics, not just testosterone. So, if they took an anabolic steroid, but no exogenous other testosterone, would they test positive due to increased testosterone from the AAS?

I'm lost on this subject.......................

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
So the Labquest testosterone test will read the Epi/Halodrol conversion in the body as "Natural testosterone"? I guess that is why I'm confused on this subject. When pro's are tested for "steroids", they have to be tested for specific anabolics, not just testosterone. So, if they took an anabolic steroid, but no exogenous other testosterone, would they test positive due to increased testosterone from the AAS?

need testosterone/epitestosterone for doping results

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if you are taking exogenous test (testim), epi/hdrol won't effect these numbers... they do not convert to test nor will they lower your test unless you are not on TRT. EPI will raise your free test though, but not total.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
if you are taking exogenous test (testim), epi/hdrol won't effect these numbers... they do not convert to test nor will they lower your test unless you are not on TRT. EPI will raise your free test though, but not total.
I thought he was talking about equipoise?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nah, Epi = epistane not equipoise

EQ wouldn't show up either on regular bloodwork when testing for test, e2 etc. EQ is a DHT derivative, and won't convert in the opposite direction to test. It doesn't aromatize either. Regular TRT bloodwork won't show this or most PH's.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Nah, Epi = epistane not equipoise

EQ wouldn't show up either on regular bloodwork when testing for test, e2 etc. EQ is a DHT derivative, and won't convert in the opposite direction to test. It doesn't amortize either. Regular TRT bloodwork won't show this or most PH's.
There are conflicting studies on this (no surprise there), but most tend to support tremendous suppression of natural test production. One recent study presented this abstract: "Three experimental groups include animals that receive 1, 2, and 3 intramuscular injections of 5 mg/kg body weight boldenone, and dissected after 3, 6, and 9 weeks, respectively. Treating rabbits with boldenone increased the testosterone levels compared to the control group." However, the Olympic Committee tests for Boldenone metabolites and do not rely strictly on elevated test levels. But if a guy going to his TRT doctor should not see an increase in test, but rather a drastic decrease.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Just remember this.. there are almost no pro hormones or steroids that convert to testosterone, other than DHEA. Taking AAS other than test, will not increase test. Epistane is epistane, not test nor does it convert to test, it is it's own hormone/steroid. Same with hdrol, it converts to turinabol, not testosterone.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There are conflicting studies on this (no surprise there), but most tend to support tremendous suppression of natural test production. One recent study presented this abstract: "Three experimental groups include animals that receive 1, 2, and 3 intramuscular injections of 5 mg/kg body weight boldenone, and dissected after 3, 6, and 9 weeks, respectively. Treating rabbits with boldenone increased the testosterone levels compared to the control group." However, the Olympic Committee tests for Boldenone metabolites and do not rely strictly on elevated test levels. But if a guy going to his TRT doctor should not see an increase in test, but rather a drastic decrease.

He is already taking test though (testim) so he is on TRT and won't have a decrease in test production because of other hormones. His natural test is already shutdown.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Guys,

Please confine your steroid use discussions to the anabolics section as this forum is specific to anti-aging medicine and not steroid use while on anti-aging medicine.

Thank you.

Thread moved.

BAKA

Awards
I'm interested in this subject.

I have a blood test in approximately 42 hours. Will my test levels be increased on H-drol?

Canes325

Awards
  • Established
I'm interested in this subject.

I have a blood test in approximately 42 hours. Will my test levels be increased on H-drol?
No, as stated above. These PH/DS convert to other steroids and/or bind to the Androgen receptors and exert their effects. Not by elevating testosterone.

BAKA

Awards
No, as stated above. These PH/DS convert to other steroids and/or bind to the Androgen receptors and exert their effects. Not by elevating testosterone.
Thanks. Wish I had known this prior to discontinuing use for about 48 hours from 75mg hdrol. It feels like bruising on my right Pec now; gyno?

hide83

Awards
Your test will still be jacked but the opposite way. It will be loooowww

BAKA

Awards
Your test will still be jacked but the opposite way. It will be loooowww
That was my goal. Tested at 293 at 24 years old, couldn't get test. Then came in at 93 at 29 years old. I had to do a second blood test to be under 8O to finally get treatment.

Wasn't playing around another year.

adobepot

Awards
80 ng / dl? That has got to be the most ridiculously low minimum ever. Wouldn't most docs treat <300 ?

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So your body basically stops making test and uses the drug/hormone instead is always what I have thought, correct? That's why PCT is needed, to raise test levels to hold the gains of the artificial hormone before they are gone.

Same thing if it were test, only your test # will be dependent upon your dosage and time since last injection.

BAKA

Awards
80 ng / dl? That has got to be the most ridiculously low minimum ever. Wouldn't most docs treat <300 ?
In America yeah. I never questioned being 293 as being low, because the doc said it wasn't, which is true as one hundred thirty one is low in Japan medical standards. It wasn't until I got a 93 that I questioned low, and he said I must be at eighty for treatment. I just tested on Monday and we cover my new results, post hdrol minicycle, on this coming Monday.