muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The label says 2 tablespoons yields 1200mg of PA so thats what i do normally
In reality, it's not standardized for PA. Soy lecithin granules typically have a range of 4-7% PA, so the 2 tbsp, or 15g, will typically yield 600-1050mg PA. You're likely getting the 750mg PA (5% would give you that), but 2.5tbsp would ensure that you're getting 750mg PA even at 4% PA. I just go with 3tbsp, but 2tbsp will probably suffice, although many people enjoy higher doses.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's old is new again: Bruce Lee recommended Soy Lecithin Granules, as did Arnold in his 'Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding'. Now, no idea if it was for PA/Anabolisim/Ergogenics, or if it was for another reason.
I've seen that recommendation in Arnold's Encyclopedia. Even if not for the anabolic effects of PA, there are still other health benefits associated with them, like reduced total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol, and cognitive benefits of PS.

cojack252

Awards
I know it's an old thread, but was just doin a lil research. I've been taking 3 tablespoons of fearns pre. Is there much benefit from taking 2 more scoops post? Thanks. Sorry for late reply! Lol

Asteele08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know it's an old thread, but was just doin a lil research. I've been taking 3 tablespoons of fearns pre. Is there much benefit from taking 2 more scoops post? Thanks. Sorry for late reply! Lol
From what I understand, post with a shake isn’t the best time to take it. Like with bcaas, they don’t work as well when taken with protein, rather you’re supposed to take it beforehand. So I thought morning and pre if you workout in the afternoon was better than pre and post with your protein shake. Unless you workout in the mornings, then morning and evening dose?

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Don't use soy lecithin. Use sun flower lecithin. It's healthier and better.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
BENEFITS OF SUNFLOWER LECITHIN
What are the advantages of using a product with sunflower lecithin instead of soy lecithin? Sunflower lecithin is extracted without harsh chemical solvents like hexane and acetone, it is processed using a cold pressing system similar to what is used to obtain things like olive oil, sunflower lecithin is the only kind of lecithin that can be obtained raw and chemical-free. It is also rich in phosphatidylcholine (choline) and essential fatty acids like phosphatidylinositol and phosphatidylethanolamine.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wrote it on top. Actually, even better than plant based lecithins is egg leciithin. Most potent lecithin around.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wrote it on top. Actually, even better than plant based lecithins is egg leciithin. Most potent lecithin around.
Not for PA, though. Pretty sure the researchers examined soy vs egg and soy significantly outperformed egg.