How do you keep 'ahead' of te age game?

Toff

Well-known member
How do you keep 'ahead' of the age game?

So, Im wondering, how do the older folk get ahead of the game and keep up or surpass the youngsters?

Is there something you cycle on and off all year round to give you 20's libido, strength , determination and up all night attitude?

Im coming up to thirty five and especially in the last 5 years ive really battled with fatigue, anxiety, being tired all the time, lack of 'oomph' - so for me Ive been researching dhea/ dermacrine and ostarine, now in a very long pct of alphamine and iforce resveratrol v2 and feeling really good - im wondering if you do similar, just keep going on and off mild compounds to keep you up in the high test levels but not in the very high competition levels.

my next idea is to check out test bases such as 4ad + dht base of stano TD, add in some ostarine for leaning effect and mk677 for my GH

Has anyone had any thoughts of running 4ad / dermacrine /mk677all year round as our test/gh levels are surely shot by now already?
 
Chase younger tail, that'll keep you virile :D
 
A few things you might want to check. Testosterone,D levels, B levels and thyroid. If these all check out you could use Red Panax Ginseng for energy, possibly some b12. Noopept seems to reduce anxiety. There are many Nootropics compounds to help with fatigue and anxiety. Modafinil gets great reviews for some super energy. Increasing L-ARGININE supplements to 3-6g a day. Also some NAC and ALCAR. Push Zinc to 50-100mg a day.
 
35ish was when I noticed things were different in terms of workout and recovery. (I'm nearly 50 now and have also had surges in performance and physique changes over the years. The #1 thing is consistency. I can't afford to not train for a few weeks because of work or family. When I did - it took months to get back. Daily supps of Fish Oil - Vitamin D - ample protein all help with body comp, workouts and Test levels. Sarms can be a nice addition but - watch out - they are suppressive (I have a post about my recent experience) you mentioned you were in a long PCT - is that from a long cycle? You may be feeling the affects or after affects of the compounds. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time off (between cycles if that's what you were running) and also rest days within the week. You will find that at 35 - you can't train 6 days heavy per week.
 
So, Im wondering, how do the older folk get ahead of the game and keep up or surpass the youngsters?

Is there something you cycle on and off all year round to give you 20's libido, strength , determination and up all night attitude?

Im coming up to thirty five and especially in the last 5 years ive really battled with fatigue, anxiety, being tired all the time, lack of 'oomph' - so for me Ive been researching dhea/ dermacrine and ostarine, now in a very long pct of alphamine and iforce resveratrol v2 and feeling really good - im wondering if you do similar, just keep going on and off mild compounds to keep you up in the high test levels but not in the very high competition levels.

my next idea is to check out test bases such as 4ad + dht base of stano TD, add in some ostarine for leaning effect and mk677 for my GH

Has anyone had any thoughts of running 4ad / dermacrine /mk677all year round as our test/gh levels are surely shot by now already?

Depends on the person. I have a colleague who is my age, does not lift weights, but has been into dancing since his early 20s. He has phenomenal energy but no strength. He does the up all night but sleeps in very late. Me, I sleep early and awaken early and train hard heavy compound work and extreme cardio which means a lot of sleep and rest.

Both of us have loads of determination. My brain is still young as in planning for the future. Have to work on both your spiritual and physical.

Cannot speak for his libido. Mine is strong but not 20s level.

Loads stronger now than then. But I never got tired until age 46.5 then it hit hard. Hence coming here, heavy lifting, more cardio, bloodwork,etc.

No TRT or anything like that [for now]
 
To answer the questions around long PCT - No, ive not been on any long or harsh compounds, just that I feel Im not 100% so Im giving myself a long recovery with plenty of support supplements (dhea initially, then sustain alpha and now iforce Reversatol V2). going for a 2 month test boost/repair

For me, its literally getting to the point that if I dont work out daily, i go downhill fast - usually bouncing int he opposite direction and hitting the booze, food too hard to the point I feel good for days but crap for months

so, Im doing 3 day split, with T25 cardio in between each day - maybe 1 or 2 off days.

Without this training, and stimulants (or aggression from supplements) I just feel like a being lazy, grumpy, moody and unpleasant to be around. I just want to be alone (and things like the kids drive me insane - especially when not my own, int he form of impatience with the step son etc.)

The Mrs, shes a runner, but has energy all day and happiness all day -I took her off weights because she became an angry sod!
 
Bro – it sounds like you have some classic symptoms of overtraining. When you train with intensity using a three day split – you need to take off a week or so every 4 to 8 weeks – depending on the training load, and volume. Otherwise your body gets put in a downward spiral – and you start getting depressed, hard to put on gains, etc. – and believe me I've been there. The other issue I see is the pre-workout stimulants. Just stick with good old fashioned coffee bro. There is so much **** in that stuff that messes with your brain chemistry. I used to compete in road cycling – and have tried numerous over-the-counter pre-workout stimulants to give me the edge – all it really did was make me jittery, and depressed after I crashed. The one supplement that I would highly recommend for you would be Rhodiola rosea. This does a few things – it helps lowers cortisol – as well as increases feeling of well-being – and provides the stamina boost in very clean sort of way. Helps people stick to the diet – and also when giving up addictive items such as coffee, booze, cigarettes, etc. you can get it anywhere, or if you want it in a pre-workout type of formulation – check out Optygen by first labs endurance. (Has BAa's and some other stuff). All of us used to take it when we were racing – and I've used it for pre-workout too with similar effect and mood enhancement. Bro – I think that you have reached that milestone that we all have reached where you realize that you're not that young buck – 20 something – that can kill it at the gym – hang out all night – work all day – and crush all of your work out and life goals. Trust me – this will pass and things get better – a lot better. I would say give your body a chance to rest by taking at least five days off or so – try the sups I recommended – and maybe even try to get into a new type of competitive sport or workout system – that sparks a fire for a while. Keep us posted.
 
Over training on a 3 day split with some cardio in there? Yeah, not happening.

First things first, go get yourself checked out and run a CBC w/ lipids, and a hormone panel- not just testosterone. At 35 you need to be aware of where you stand currently and until you can rule out anything health wise you could be chasing down endless roads. Once you baseline, then you can start determining what may be cause for this.
 
yeah, its not overtrainig - ive done that with 7 days a week 1.5 hour training sessions for 6 weeks. By week 7, well just lets just say i was a mess.

I think its more to do with my age. I guess i wont know until ive had a good month of no hormone products.

Alphamine perks me up for sure, im killing the gym atm like no other
 
yeah, its not overtrainig - ive done that with 7 days a week 1.5 hour training sessions for 6 weeks. By week 7, well just lets just say i was a mess.

I think its more to do with my age. I guess i wont know until ive had a good month of no hormone products.

Alphamine perks me up for sure, im killing the gym atm like no other

Yup - that's exactly what I was talking about. The constant training load sneaks up on you when you hit a certain age. It's different for everybody - but I noticed a huge difference in training output every 5 to seven years. I've adapted by changing my training - (e.g. In the last 7 years I focused on competitive cycling, to HIT kettlebell training and now back to more traditional weight training (which I did most of my life). Oh - and let's not forget job and life pressures which tend to increase with age as well. I would do what has been suggested by others here and get some good blood work done including Testosterone to see if there is anything metabolically. Also - dump any product with stims. These can cause mood changes and depression - at least they did for me.
 
Back
Top