How do you feel mentally when your T is high and e2 in range

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Personally, its the only time i feel like i have full control of my mentality. Optimistic. High self esteem. No worry, stay calm under pressure. More cognitive, strategic and ambitious. Makes me wonder of all these rampant cases of mental illness are connected due to hormone imbalances

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A lot of mental illnesses are from chemical imbalances in the brain, but I can definitely see hormonal imbalances being tied in as well

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
A lot of mental illnesses are from chemical imbalances in the brain, but I can definitely see hormonal imbalances being tied in as well
doesnt testosterone have a relationship with dopamine?

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oh it makes a difference for sure. I would say personally the number one thing is confidence. When I'm in range I'm the alpha male, I know I'm not fully back when I doubt myself. That would be the biggest mental difference

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
The higher my testosterone goes, the crappier I feel mentally. Makes me incredibly depressed, no drive, everything I normally love doing doesn't matter anymore, etc. Even if estradiol is in range. I'm certain TRT has had a major effect on my dopamine levels, I've thought this for years. I've also brought it up to my endo, but they're unsure of how there's any correlation...

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Testosterone levels in high doses such as on cycles may actually be neurotoxic. Deca is 100% neurotoxic. Many don’t want to accept that but the animal models are pretty conclusive about this.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
So it is much more complicated than synapses and neurotransmitters. It involves neuronal pathways changing and cell survival decreasing. Likely some individuals are more susceptible than others.

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The higher my testosterone goes, the crappier I feel mentally. Makes me incredibly depressed, no drive, everything I normally love doing doesn't matter anymore, etc. Even if estradiol is in range. I'm certain TRT has had a major effect on my dopamine levels, I've thought this for years. I've also brought it up to my endo, but they're unsure of how it could have any effect.
This is very very interesting, I assumed TRT would actually produce the opposite effect

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
The higher my testosterone goes, the crappier I feel mentally. Makes me incredibly depressed, no drive, everything I normally love doing doesn't matter anymore, etc. Even if estradiol is in range. I'm certain TRT has had a major effect on my dopamine levels, I've thought this for years. I've also brought it up to my endo, but they're unsure of how there's any correlation...
Do you have a history of depression?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Personally, its the only time i feel like i have full control of my mentality. Optimistic. High self esteem. No worry, stay calm under pressure. More cognitive, strategic and ambitious. Makes me wonder of all these rampant cases of mental illness are connected due to hormone imbalances
trt provided depression relief and was the first and most noticeable improvement to my life

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
trt provided depression relief and was the first and most noticeable improvement to my life
That's what I hear from most, I don't think my issues were testosterone related though. I'm thinking it was more adrenal fatigue issues. But after being on trt for 5+ years now, I'm afraid to get off of it, and possibly lose the physique I gained naturally before starting trt.

niklasericson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3 years ago I suffered a total test shutdown after a very stupid cycle without a base.
I did 8 weeks with LGD stacked with a high dose 1 andro and when 8weeks was done I bridged to Superdrol at 20mg/ed and after two weeks I woke up one Saturday morning and felt like a wreck.
I couldn't think,depressed,confused,anxious,totally out of focus,I couldn't do exercise and when I closed my eyes everything was spinning around and I was exhausted but I couldn't sleep and I couldn't go to work for 4 days.
I started pct asap and after 100mg/ed clomid and two weeks later my mental health began to return.