How do you control high hematocrit on elevated TRT dose?

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To all of you who are on a high TRT dose (>150mg/week), how do you control the elevated hematocrit?
Does it ever happen at 150mg/week in the first place?

I know you can do bloodletting sessions at the doc, but is there any medication that does the trick?

When I'm on I'd rather avoid giving a pint every 2 months, not the healthiest thing you can do for your organs, especially the kidneys.

slggtstrength

slggtstrength

Awards
To all of you who are on a high TRT dose (>150mg/week), how do you control the elevated hematocrit?
Does it ever happen at 150mg/week in the first place?

I know you can do bloodletting sessions at the doc, but is there any medication that does the trick?

When I'm on I'd rather avoid giving a pint every 2 months, not the healthiest thing you can do for your organs, especially the kidneys.
Subbed.

I'm in the same boat. Been giving a pint every 8 weeks for over a year. I don't exactly mind though.

I haven't been given any options, other than baby aspirin (which did nothing), and bloodletting.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Nattokinase- Research it. It's a god send IMO, I use it every time I cycle.. Seriously it's even better than aspirin IMO.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Also anti-inflammatories such as Turmeric and Ginger, they'll help lower immunoglobulins.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Oh also resveratrol and any high extract polyphenolic blend. Seriously, polyphenols are the natural cure to anything and everything heart related.

Resveratrol
Turmeric
Ginger
Garlic Extract
Bilberry Extract(high in polyphenols)
and most importantly IMO is Nattokinase and hydration.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good info here !!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nattokinase- Research it. It's a god send IMO, I use it every time I cycle.. Seriously it's even better than aspirin IMO.
Do you use it ?? What dose ?? I am very intrigued >>

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And for prescription grade, calcium channel blockers to relax the vessel walls. This lowers blood pressure and combined with Natto (which is an anti-coagulant), you can ensure that your heart isn't struggling in between blood donations.

But there are likely many other supplements that can help with this too, as mentioned above.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The best way to control hematocrit is to donate blood. If you qualify, do a "double red" donation. If not, simply do a single donation.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The best way to control hematocrit is to donate blood. If you qualify, do a "double red" donation. If not, simply do a single donation.
My problem is I can not donate do to childhood illness so it cost me about $200 for a draw!!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Natto helps quite a bit, I've been taking for years and it has helped keep things under control. Also, proper hydration is important. Naringin also helps, but can interact with medication if you are on anything.

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
My problem is I can not donate do to childhood illness so it cost me about $200 for a draw!!
You can't donate and then tell them afterwards that you don't want the blood to be used? I thought that was an option.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Subbed

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Subbed cause I'm never allowed to give blood again :( so I gotta find something else to help out.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Why? May I ask?
Apparently taking accutane puts you on a "never allowed to donate blood again" list. Doc said I could after 30 days because that's when it's fully out of your system but so far I've been denied every time I've tried. .-.

Thooo the American Red Cross has stopped calling me every month. Guess that's a plus

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
Technically, as a former IV drug user, I'm not allowed to give blood either. The reason they care about that is because there is a high disease rate amongst people who have used illegal drugs intravenously. I've been tested multiple times though, and I'm lucky that I never got anything, so I don't feel bad when I don't tell the blood centers that.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Technically, as a former IV drug user, I'm not allowed to give blood either. The reason they care about that is because there is a high disease rate amongst people who have used illegal drugs intravenously. I've been tested multiple times though, and I'm lucky that I never got anything, so I don't feel bad when I don't tell the blood centers that.
Yeah but see you can keep yours under wraps, mines available to anyone who has my medical records so I can't really not tell people considering the medication specifically stated that I have to inform donation centers that I've used it. Not a whole lot of wiggle room for me sadly.

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
Yeah but see you can keep yours under wraps, mines available to anyone who has my medical records so I can't really not tell people considering the medication specifically stated that I have to inform donation centers that I've used it. Not a whole lot of wiggle room for me sadly.
Wow, sorry to hear that, man. That sucks

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Apparently taking accutane puts you on a "never allowed to donate blood again" list. Doc said I could after 30 days because that's when it's fully out of your system but so far I've been denied every time I've tried. .-.

Thooo the American Red Cross has stopped calling me every month. Guess that's a plus
According to the Red Cross website, you are allowed to donate 1 month after last dose of Accutane.

http://m.redcrossblood.org/donating-blood/eligibility-requirements/eligibility-criteria-alphabetical-listing

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm looking at Dr's Best. I don't think there is a best per se but it does not do well if digested in the stomach so I wonder what delivery package is used or just enteric coated?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You can't donate and then tell them afterwards that you don't want the blood to be used? I thought that was an option.
It used to be, but not any more!! I am out "The List"

dollar662

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking at Dr's Best. I don't think there is a best per se but it does not do well if digested in the stomach so I wonder what delivery package is used or just enteric coated?
I use NattoMax 2000 from Jarrow. Seems to work well

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It used to be, but not any more!! I am out "The List"
You can get a Doctor's prescription for a therapeutic phlebotomy or a home kit to do it yourself.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You can get a Doctor's prescription for a therapeutic phlebotomy or a home kit to do it yourself.
I get therapeutic phlebotomies about once a year, it cost about $ 200.00

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nattokinase reduces hematocrit????
I'd love to not have to donate monthly!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nattokinase reduces hematocrit????
I'd love to not have to donate monthly!
It amazes me that your hematocrit levels rise so quickly. When I started TRT two years ago, I started donating whole blood every 2 months as a preventive measure to keep hematocrit down. My result was ferritin, iron, MCV, MCH and MCHC lowered to anemic levels. It's taking months and I'm still not in normal range.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is what I switched over to and the effects are the same, but you save money.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It amazes me that your hematocrit levels rise so quickly. When I started TRT two years ago, I started donating whole blood every 2 months as a preventive measure to keep hematocrit down. My result was ferritin, iron, MCV, MCH and MCHC lowered to anemic levels. It's taking months and I'm still not in normal range.
Had very high blood pressure and hematocrit on cycle because I didn't supp for it like you.

It has to start from the beginning. Control it before it becomes a situation where donating is needed.

I'm going to try natty.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah, it rises 3-4 points a month. I went 6 weeks once by accident and it went up to 57. I've since been more diligent and my last one was 50 or so before donating. We'll see where I'm at today since I'm literally sitting at the Red Cross right now lol.

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
What is best for lowering hematocrit levels, donating whole blood or double red blood cells? I imagine it would be the latter.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Double red cell. 2 pints. I asked the girl what the record time was. She said 17 minutes. You missed it by 3 minutes. :)

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
Double red cell. 2 pints. I asked the girl what the record time was. She said 17 minutes. You missed it by 3 minutes. :)
Nice, I just did double red cell. I can't give again now until January though.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also anti-inflammatories such as Turmeric and Ginger, they'll help lower immunoglobulins.
My brief research suggests it may very well be.

I was under them impression that Aspirin and NSAID don't actually reduce hematocrit or hemaglobin levels

Natto helps quite a bit, I've been taking for years and it has helped keep things under control.
Either of you guys have actual hematorcrit and hemaglobin numbers to support its efficacy?

It's cheap enough and well worth it just simply for heart health.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh sure, many of them. Granted, I live in CO and doctors won't even mention it unless you are nearing 55 or so. I was riding near 53 before adding natto and bringing and dropped it consistently to 50-51.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice, I just did double red cell. I can't give again now until January though.

I'm going to be able to give again in December. Gonna break that record. :) (Sub 17 minutes)

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I only used Natto for its anti-coagulant properties since I like to run EQ. Keeps the blood from thickening, which is due to red blood cell production lol. I never assumed its action was by lowering hemo levels.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
My brief research suggests it may very well be.

I was under them impression that Aspirin and NSAID don't actually reduce hematocrit or hemaglobin levels

Either of you guys have actual hematorcrit and hemaglobin numbers to support its efficacy?

It's cheap enough and well worth it just simply for heart health.
I actually do have some blood tests, i get 3 blood tests per cycle and i have about 10 cycles under my belt now, i can go to my endo and get them pulled i remember which ones i did and didnt use natto with however must of the time it was experimentation with new different designers/sarms so i wouldn't be able to differentiate nattos effects since i wouldnt have an accurate control. However i will say BP issues were non-existent everytime i used hawthorn and natto together

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to be able to give again in December. Gonna break that record. :) (Sub 17 minutes)
So what does a good time on that indicate? Good blood flow? Maybe I'll take some tadalafil before my next one and see how good my time is. (not srs)

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So what does a good time on that indicate? Good blood flow? Maybe I'll take some tadalafil before my next one and see how good my time is. (not srs)
I have no Idea. Lol. I just asked the girl what the record was and then what was mine? I'm a little competitive. :D

Ha!
"Tadalifil"

"Sir. So, I see, giving blood really stimulates you then..."

Hmmmm.
You think it would help? Jk

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great thread