How do you change up your training while using 1/4/epi andro?

R

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
I attempted a search to see if this has been discussed and I apologize if I missed a thread on this topic but I was wondering If people up the training volume like you could on hdrol/epistane while on a mild andro stack? My usual training is a 5x5 on the compound lifts I do that day, and then some assistance lifts/machines in the 10-12 range. Monday Wednesday Friday are my lifting days and I usually see a trainer on Saturday afternoons to do more metabolic work. I want to make sure that I am not wasting any potential.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If it's 5x5, throw in some 3x15 I used to 5x5 a lot and I've switched over to high intensity high rep and it's gone great. Utterly destroys the muscle group I'm hitting.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I threw in big drop sets (Row 160; 150; 140; 130; 120; 110) Down 5 weights on each workout.

R

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I am obsessed with getting that 300 pound squat before I moved to a mixed power/hypertrophy plan. I have been prone to tendonitis lately in my right foot, and I just started getting it in both elbows that really bother me with squats. I switched to a thumbless grip and try to be more mindful of my position but I had to knock from 275 to 245 while I was trying to learn new queues. Oddly enough if I bench or overhead press first, I am ok. Once I get under that bar, elbows feel like they have migraines if that makes any sense.

I think those troubles are another thread though lol.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I did PH3 while on cycle, worked fine.

M

mrgoomba

Awards
I dont believe that your training should change... i just expect your workloads to increase with the added strength and recovery. Natty or not, you are still working to build muscle. When not natty, you are just building more muscle.

N

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I dont believe that your training should change... i just expect your workloads to increase with the added strength and recovery. Natty or not, you are still working to build muscle. When not natty, you are just building more muscle.
Id generally agree.

Though, on average I do tend to increase weekly volume via extra rest-pause 'sets', when on-cycle.

R

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate the feedback. I tend to over think things so I value the input.

N

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I appreciate the feedback. I tend to over think things so I value the input.
If youre running a program that is working, ie your lifts are progressing, then I think it could be counter productive to do any major tweaks.

I know you probably werent considering it, but I regularly see guys who plan to drastically alter their training protocols when going on/coming off cycle; this to me is non sensical, IF your goals are the same and you are progressing.

R

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
If youre running a program that is working, ie your lifts are progressing, then I think it could be counter productive to do any major tweaks.

I know you probably werent considering it, but I regularly see guys who plan to drastically alter their training protocols when going on/coming off cycle; this to me is non sensical, IF your goals are the same and you are progressing.
Yeah the only thing that halted progress was the elbow issues, not a strength plateau.