How bad it is to leave supplements in the freezing cold?

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Received a packaged of 7 tubs of Allmax Hvol yesterday, but Canada Post left the wrong key for the parcel compartment, no idea how long it will take to sort things out, hopefully only a few days. Is it ok to leave it outside below 0C for a prolonged period of time? I know most label says to keep it at room temp.

faipdeooiad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They’ll be fine - plenty of people keep pre-workouts in the freezer to keep them fresh if they’re not going to use them for a while

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
No worries (a fellow Canadian who has received frozen supps for over 30 years).

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Like others have said, many keep in the freezer anyways to preserve it. So i don't see any issues with this.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I got a tub of magnum nutraceutical Volume powder version, from Canada and it mention it on the tub to keep in the freezer to avoid clumping of the product.

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got a tub of magnum nutraceutical Volume powder version, from Canada and it mention it on the tub to keep in the freezer to avoid clumping of the product.
How do you like magnum HV btw?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Avoid heat and moisture. Cold will probably extend the life of most supplements.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Avoid heat and moisture. Cold will probably extend the life of most supplements.
Yep that's why freezer works cause it's cold and low moisture.

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dammmnn I must be the unluckiest person for supplements shipment. Got another supp delivery today, and freaking postal service gave me the wrong key to open the box compartment containing it again lol. Fuuuu, sorry, just wanted to share my frustration, Canada Post sucks.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
dammmnn I must be the unluckiest person for supplements shipment. Got another supp delivery today, and freaking postal service gave me the wrong key to open the box compartment containing it again lol. Fuuuu, sorry, just wanted to share my frustration, Canada Post sucks.
That sucks. Is it a multi-unit building where maybe they gave the key you need to another person? If so, might be faster to leave a note and exchange keys with the neighbor than to wait on the postal service.

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That sucks. Is it a multi-unit building where maybe they gave the key you need to another person? If so, might be faster to leave a note and exchange keys with the neighbor than to wait on the postal service.
Over here in Canada, the postal service doesnt do home delivery anymore, so everybody is assigned to a community box. When there is a parcel, they leave us a key to open a bigger compartment where the parcel is left off. For some reason, my delivery guy is too incompetent to leave the right key... twice in two weeks. Cant do much about it, left a note on my box. Feels...

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
and when it is around Christmas time, the box get force in and package get stole :(

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
and when it is around Christmas time, the box get force in and package get stole :(
Seriously thought about smashing the box when the key wouldn't open LOL
I did give it a kick, resulting in a bent key, oops. Mailman wont be happy.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
yep serious happen last year and got some gift for the kids stolen :( **** it the fan lol

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
they dont know they steal boxe and hope there is more valuable thing in it

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
they dont know they steal boxe and hope there is more valuable thing in it
It's pretty bad here too. Thankfully I work from home, so I can hear when packages are dropped off, but there is a lot of package theft with the increase in online purchases. Thieves are bold too. They walk right up and grab packages off porches in the middle of the day. A lot of people have security cameras now on their front doors, but the police can only do so much.

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's pretty bad here too. Thankfully I work from home, so I can hear when packages are dropped off, but there is a lot of package theft with the increase in online purchases. Thieves are bold too. They walk right up and grab packages off porches in the middle of the day. A lot of people have security cameras now on their front doors, but the police can only do so much.
That bad uh? I'm glad we live in a relatively safe area, never got a package stolen, most of the time I leave my doors unlocked, and my backyard door is always opened. I'd pay for signature requirement if I were you guys though.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That bad uh? I'm glad we live in a relatively safe area, never got a package stolen, most of the time I leave my doors unlocked, and my backyard door is always opened. I'd pay for signature requirement if I were you guys though.
Seattle. Amazon plus a huge homeless drug problem means a lot of boxes go missing, but originally from Chicago and I'll take this over constant threat of being shot.