Unanswered Hormonal recovery after anabolic steroid cycle lasts longer than 4 months

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

From the article:

"Four months after an anabolic steroid cycle, the production of hormones such as LH and FSH, which stimulate the testes to produce testosterone, will be recovered - but this does not apply to the production of testosterone. This is apparent from a meta-analysis that Greek endocrinologists at the University of Ioannina published in Sports Medicine."

Does not take into consideration PCT SERM use.

Thoughts?

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

From the article:

"Four months after an anabolic steroid cycle, the production of hormones such as LH and FSH, which stimulate the testes to produce testosterone, will be recovered - but this does not apply to the production of testosterone. This is apparent from a meta-analysis that Greek endocrinologists at the University of Ioannina published in Sports Medicine."

Does not take into consideration PCT SERM use.

Thoughts?
Interesting read! I feel like PCT would help somewhat, as you jumpstart production and your not waiting for your body to achieve homeostasis on its own. But impossible to say without research.

I wish it would include how the patients felt and if they thought they had recovered.

Personally, I don't think test levels matter as much as we would like to think they do. In my mind you have low (below the average range), the normal range, and superphysiological levels. I think as long as someone is in the normal range, feels normal (meaning the same as before cycle in regards to libido, motivation, etc.) Than you shouldn't worry to much. Again their are outliers, but I think for the general population it isn't as big a deal.

Also worth noting I think the measurement should focus more on the difference in the drop, not so much the actual level. Of your course someone that's is naturally on the upper end thats new level is only 30% of what it normally was before would feel a bigger difference than someone who's new level is 85% of what it was before.
Just my two cents, interested in others thoughts and to learn something

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Doesn’t matter; we’re all just taking time off blast to clean out long enough to feel good about our decision for whenever we go back on

How many people do you know off TRT that only do 1 cycle per year? They’re an exception. Everyone else does 2, maybe even 3 for some, per year - time off is just to delay atherosclerosis and give the body a break.