Hordenine becoming cancer-causing nitrosamines?

sufficient_page

Awards
Hello all,

I had seen hordenine being added to nootropic supplements, but some scientific papers indicate hordenine can easily become a cancer-causing nitrosamine

Can people here with more scientific training tell whether hordenine can become cancer-causing chemicals in the human body? If so, should hordenine be avoided?

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It doesn’t seem like this should be much of an issue with supplements. These seem to only reference malting and brewing barley. That third reference says that the only major source of nitrosation is the kilning of the barley.

sufficient_page

Awards
It doesn’t seem like this should be much of an issue with supplements. These seem to only reference malting and brewing barley. That third reference says that the only major source of nitrosation is the kilning of the barley.
thanks for the explanation! too bad it appears FDA had banned hordenine in supplements and I did not know until now. sad

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Liftmode barley malt extract, which is standardized for hordenine and then you can dose appropriately.

The FDA only warned over synthetic hordenine, no issues with a natural extract.

sufficient_page

Awards
Liftmode barley malt extract, which is standardized for hordenine and then you can dose appropriately.

The FDA only warned over synthetic hordenine, no issues with a natural extract.
I did look into liftmode, sadly it's been out of stock forever now