Honestly, you have to be f**king kidding md

p1nchharmonic

p1nchharmonic

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Established
  • Established
Seriously what are the chances, after 30 years of my life, having never done steroids as a near lifetime lifter, I get on my first steroid cycle and after the first 3 weeks, all the gyms close until further notice

Been scavenging for barbells and getting these workouts in has been bullshit. I'm making gains but I need my gym back. Who else can feel for me here. Fck...

W

WeakerNU

Awards
Seriously what are the chances, after 30 years of my life, having never done steroids as a near lifetime lifter, I get on my first steroid cycle and after the first 3 weeks, all the gyms close until further notice

Been scavenging for barbells and getting these workouts in has been bullshit. I'm making gains but I need my gym back. Who else can feel for me here. Fck...
I hear ya. I was going to start soon as well then all this happened.... not to mention I got a slight fever (don’t feel all to shitty really)

J

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It's not ideal, but it is what you make of it. Between db's, bands and bodyweight exercises, I've been doing full body workouts every single day and getting excellent results. I don't enjoy it the same way, but it still works.

A

aman88

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If you can spend the money this stuff can be ordered online... although a lot is out of stock at this point... I was lucky to pick up equipment as soon as gyms closed here... even had a barbell shipped cross country lol.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You can build your own equipment. I have a home gym, but since this **** started I built farmers carry handles, an oversized dumbbell for pressing, and I built a rack onto my yoke. Just need a hardware store and a steel fabricator helps.
What are the specs on the farmers handle? Edit: actually, care to share the db too - 2 ft x2 inch pipe with what else?

Last edited:
V23

V23

Awards
  • First Up Vote
What are the specs on the farmers handle?
Base of each is a 6”x6” cut to 5’ in length.
I used 1” black steel pipe for the loading pins and handles. Attached them with plumbing flanges which take 4 screws each. I used pretty big lag screws
Then I cut some half inch black mat and screwed it in on the bottom for shock absorption.

Im planning on making them convertible into a frame and back.

Attachments

V23

V23

Awards
  • First Up Vote
What are the specs on the farmers handle? Edit: actually, care to share the db too - 2 ft x2 inch pipe with what else?
Yea it is 2”x2’ cold rolled round bar. Weighs 21lbs. Used a rubber Fernco coupling cut in half for the inner stoppers. Then any collars work.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Push ups, pull ups, dips, squats...
20 reps of each too easy? Do 40.....

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
probably the universe telling you to not use steroids.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Anyone else find it's just not as good at home as the gym, light weights feel heavier and everything jfeels more uncomfortable and I don't want to push myself at all. There's a million ways to get a good workout at home but damn if it just don't get me fired up like at the gym. Never realised how much of a difference the mental side of training makes

J

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone else find it's just not as good at home as the gym, light weights feel heavier and everything jfeels more uncomfortable and I don't want to push myself at all. There's a million ways to get a good workout at home but damn if it just don't get me fired up like at the gym. Never realised how much of a difference the mental side of training makes
you’re absolutely right

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
For years now I've had a benchmark I held myself to hitting before I got on gear and I finally hit it the day before my gym closed down.... Luckily I have a bench and am keeping most of my gains but still pissed

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
don't be pissed everyone.. lower your doses... do more cardio. get lean while you cant get big. win win.

summer is almost here and TRUMP is going to open the country before the next great depression strikes.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
There's a post at bodybuilding.com with some good videos and pictures you can download to post up on the while about doing a full body workout at home without weights.

Check out this printable bodyweight exercise infographic with a list of exercises you can do yourself without having any weights. Hey, look at those guys coming out of prison! They have neither gear nor weights (a lot of the times) and come out looking jacked!

https://darebee.com/pdf/fitness/bodyweight-exercises-chart.pdf [PDF]

Arnold also made a post on Reddit details his at home workout routine.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
There's a post at bodybuilding.com with some good videos and pictures you can download to post up on the while about doing a full body workout at home without weights.

Check out this printable bodyweight exercise infographic with a list of exercises you can do yourself without having any weights. Hey, look at those guys coming out of prison! They have neither gear nor weights (a lot of the times) and come out looking jacked!

https://darebee.com/pdf/fitness/bodyweight-exercises-chart.pdf [PDF]

Arnold also made a post on Reddit details his at home workout routine.

I'll check these out, thanks

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
don't be pissed everyone.. lower your doses... do more cardio. get lean while you cant get big. win win.

summer is almost here and TRUMP is going to open the country before the next great depression strikes.
Told myself I would get finally get ripped, or at least lose the love handles, about a week before the gyms closed... have since been eating worse than ever and done zero cardio

C

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Told myself I would get finally get ripped, or at least lose the love handles, about a week before the gyms closed... have since been eating worse than ever and done zero cardio
Closed gym is no excuse to get fat!