Home Recipe for Electrolyte Drink

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Does anyone have a home recipe for an electrolyte drink?

Probably a mixture of:
  • Sea Salt
  • Magnesium Citrate/Epsom Salts
  • Potassium Chloride/Potassium Bicarbonate
  • Sodium Bicarbonate/Baking Soda

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You could do it that way but its really hard to get it exact - that's why its so much easier to just buy them premade.

We're going to be doing one later this year - actually in the flavor sample process now.

Send me a message and let me know if you're looking for a balanced one or a sodium heavy one. I may have some samples I can send your way.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ya I think mixing all that up to get the right amounts sounds tedious. I'm eagerly awaiting SNS hydration product too, its been pretty hot in the gym this summer and been needing all the help I can get.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@Renew1 has sold me on “liquidIV” and I’ll be trying that next. (I’ve seen it at Walmart and grocery stores…)

I’ve used pedialyte, pedialyte sport as well as dollar general knock offs of those…and all have been great.

The convenience of ripping open a powder stick works out to be better, for me.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@Renew1 has sold me on “liquidIV” and I’ll be trying that next. (I’ve seen it at Walmart and grocery stores…)

I’ve used pedialyte, pedialyte sport as well as dollar general knock offs of those…and all have been great.

The convenience of ripping open a powder stick works out to be better, for me.
I do a (often) Hard, Heavy, physical job in Hot HUMID South Florida, and I have sometimes struggled to stay hydrated, no matter how much I drink.

Liquid IV is by far the best hydration product that I've tried so far, and it has carried me through in a few jobs already, that I feel sure I would've been flagging badly without it.

:)🔥

mark031111

Awards
Mix together 1 cup of water, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda, 2 tablespoons of honey or sugar for taste, and the juice of half a lemon or lime. Shake or stir well, and you've got yourself a basic electrolyte drink to help stay hydrated!

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was researching hydration mixes available..
After about 4 days of looking through adds and ingredients..
I wanted something easily available, not something I have to order..and easy to find and purchase quickly..and not 2 to 4 dollars a serving..
"Hydration" from Trulabs at Walmart..
Before you bark. WALMART..
Each serving is...
503mgs of electrolytes
18 minerals and vitamins
Zero Sugar
5 Cals

Taste Great..
And it's $20 for 16 packets...
I've been using it for over a yr now..
Worth a Look..
Z...

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You could do it that way but its really hard to get it exact - that's why its so much easier to just buy them premade.
that and the homemade stuff, while effective, might not be as enjoyable.... My wife kept some in the fridge for a while when she was attempting the fasting. it worked, but you gotta want to drink salt water lol

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
that and the homemade stuff, while effective, might not be as enjoyable.... My wife kept some in the fridge for a while when she was attempting the fasting. it worked, but you gotta want to drink salt water lol
Ha, yeah. I've tried that and for me, I miss dosages bc I hate the taste.

I always tell people - sometimes the best thing to take is the thing you'll actually take haha.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Mix together 1 cup of water, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda, 2 tablespoons of honey or sugar for taste, and the juice of half a lemon or lime. Shake or stir well, and you've got yourself a basic electrolyte drink to help stay hydrated!
Thank you - this is mostly what I am doing - but I am trying to reduce anything that increases inflammation, so I limiting extra sugar/honey. Instead, I have been using salt, baking soda, lemon (or ACV) about 25 grams of a Kirkland frozen blueberry, blackberry and raspberry mix which I beieve has less sugar. A quick blast with the immersion blender and its ready to go.

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Also,milk is considered freat for Hydration..
Z...

lamarclark09

Awards
My Homemade electrolyte drink recipe is
1/2 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, 1/2 cup water, 2 tbsp. honey, 1/8 tsp salt.
Mix everything in a blender well and enjoy your refreshing drink at home.