HokiePride March Mass{MaxXT}Ness has begun!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Thanks to cubsfan815 R1balla amd Performax Labs for the opportunity to run and log MassMax XT for 4 weeks. I'll start by saying I'm interested in recomping or cutting effects of this product. This is an epic journey. I plan to smash some PR's as I prepare for competiton in June around my birthday and smash my own World Record I set in 2013 that still stands for my age group and weight class, SHW, Masters. This is a great opportunity to really put this product to the test as I have also begun a strength cycle to return to the 500 club with Deadlifts and Squats while breaking my bench record. Enjoy the ride. Since I was honored to run this product, I'm already pledging a second month run unsponsored. I want an 8 week run. Without further ado, lets go.

Monday EVENING 3/27

FLAT BENCH PRESS
135x10
225x10
345x10
345x10
315x10
275x10
225x20
225x20

CLOSE GRIP BENCH
295x10
295x10

INCLINE BB PRESS
275x8
275x8
225x15
225x15

Notes:
took 2 Pills AM with breakfast and 2 PM with Preworkout meal.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday 3/28

DeadLift
135x10
225x5
315x5
435x3 {PR}

This was main lift. A bunch accesory movements followed. I won't detail all those since I'm performing almost a full body workout each time I hit the gym. An unorthodox way of lifting. I'm almost tapping my each muscle group two to three times a week depending on main lift. Why? It's not really optimal to perform splits. I'm going after massive bf loss and strength gains. Play time is over. YEs, I know what I'm doing. Otherwise, I wouldn't have PR on deads. Why i this a PR? Well, I avoided deads since tearing my flexor tendon playing semi pro football for Indiana Tomahawks May 2015. It was a terrible injury and has left me somewhat crippled in bending my middle finger to full extension. Funny as it sounds my entire left arm became stronger than my dominant right side, Go Figure so it really just hinders floor exercises such as push ups. Anything dealing with a hook or wrapping my hand, no effect. On that note, it's also a PR because the last time I hit my best dead was in competition, yes, it's on video, @ a 565lbs. Realistically, I'm on a climb. In 8 weeks maybe I'll break the 500 club. Hopefully, I'll end at a 535lb max or 545lb max. By May I'll be knocking at its door.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Wenesday 3/29

Rest and relaxation. Youngest son had to have some teeth fixed surgically. He spent the day in Daddys arms all day post surgery. A great feeling when your holding your son who loves you and depends on you. To him, your his hero. He is only 3.5yrs old.

Angrypolak

Angrypolak

Awards
In too. Cool to see dedicated cut, cut/recomp, and bulk going on between our three logs!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
In too. Cool to see dedicated cut, cut/recomp, and bulk going on between our three logs!
Welcome! That is the triple threat.

Welcome, Thank you. I won't dissappoint.

Im in here homie!
Appreciate it and thank you. Welcome. It's on. Already contemplating tonights work and I'm still here at work.

I'm in! Do you know your starting weight?
I believe it's 365lbs. I'm not your average 300+ dude. I've started cutting seriously since Beginning of Year. I have definition but carried some bf which makes my physique look terrible. My focus has been to melt it off. I finally found the formula. My diet has been clean. I started out with fixing the diet once I finally moved family from old home to new home. Lost employment of 8 yrs February 2015. Began working 3.5 hrs from hometown July 2015.

We relocated and no longer 3.5 hr drive to work. Now I'm 40 minutes from work. Also, my current employment is ending but great news is I'm very close to landing a new job. This job is ending due to restructuring and new management. For a year and half I've been traveling back and forth to see my wife and kids, then I would stay with mother in law in her one bedroom apartment. I could only see my family every two to three weeks before selling the house finally one day prior to Thanksgiving. I then worked a **** ton of available overtime to pay for moving expenses and taxes and such. I'm finally nearly settled. This info is important because it hindered my goals for bodybuilding/weightlifting.

Once we moved and got settled we actually fought to get the home we are in. I then went to work on my personal goals. The timing of my last log and this opportunity is epic. I now live 1 hour away from where I grew up and all my family and wife family. I know have the power to hit the gym hard and with a vengeance. I will also add in a component of calisthenics and basketball. I will load a pic this evening or tomorrow. This is great timing for me overall.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome! That is the triple threat.

Welcome, Thank you. I won't dissappoint.

Appreciate it and thank you. Welcome. It's on. Already contemplating tonights work and I'm still here at work.

I believe it's 365lbs. I'm not your average 300+ dude. I've started cutting seriously since Beginning of Year. I have definition but carried some bf which makes my physique look terrible. My focus has been to melt it off. I finally found the formula. My diet has been clean. I started out with fixing the diet once I finally moved family from old home to new home. Lost employment of 8 yrs February 2015. Began working 3.5 hrs from hometown July 2015.

We relocated and no longer 3.5 hr drive to work. Now I'm 40 minutes from work. Also, my current employment is ending but great news is I'm very close to landing a new job. This job is ending due to restructuring and new management. For a year and half I've been traveling back and forth to see my wife and kids, then I would stay with mother in law in her one bedroom apartment. I could only see my family every two to three weeks before selling the house finally one day prior to Thanksgiving. I then worked a **** ton of available overtime to pay for moving expenses and taxes and such. I'm finally nearly settled. This info is important because it hindered my goals for bodybuilding/weightlifting.

Once we moved and got settled we actually fought to get the home we are in. I then went to work on my personal goals. The timing of my last log and this opportunity is epic. I now live 1 hour away from where I grew up and all my family and wife family. I know have the power to hit the gym hard and with a vengeance. I will also add in a component of calisthenics and basketball. I will load a pic this evening or tomorrow. This is great timing for me overall.
Hella story bro!! But youve got your head right and tight!!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree 100%. Couldn't have asked for better loggers. I've only used it on bulking (8 weeks). Following the others so I know what to expect when I cut :)

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Thursday 3/30

Hit chest again. This workout included back and arms as well. Again, I'm on something new. This product is the truth. I eat and take this MASSMaxXT and begin to feel strange, full and like each nutrient is being utilized. It's crazy. I never had a product where I can actually feel it happening as it's being released. The gains are real. Going along with this workout I created, it is a total body sort of speak but with a focused lift. In a weeks time many muscles could be hit one, two or three times. This is a special product and I'm loving it. I would compare it to another I ran years ago which would be compound 20 by USPLABS. Truthfully, it's not even close. This is going to be a fun run.

FLAT Bench
135x10-225x10-315x10-365x4
365x4-315x10-275x10-225x20
225x20

BACK
BigMan PULLUPS 5x5 @ 365BW
Front Pulldown 4x12, 120lbs
Bent Over DB Row 4x12, 315lbs
StraightArm Pulldown 4x12, 60lbs
Barbell Shrug 4x12, 315lbs

Spider DB Curls Single Arm
4x8, 65lbs

Seated Machine Arm Curl
1PLx10x4

Note:
Cardio has been left put unintentionally but I will add it back in but the bf lost still has been happening without hindering my strength. The scale hasn't moved but my look is slowly changing. It's going to be epic by the time I'm finished running this product.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/30
Hit chest again. This workout included back and arms as well. Again, I'm on something new. This product is the truth. I eat and take this MASSMaxXT and begin to feel strange, full and like each nutrient is being utilized. It's crazy. I never had a product where I can actually feel it happening as it's being released. The gains are real. Going along with this workout I created, it is a total body sort of speak but with a focused lift. In a weeks time many muscles could be hit one, two or three times. This is a special product and I'm loving it. I would compare it to another I ran years ago which would be compound 20 by USPLABS. Truthfully, it's not even close. This is going to be a fun run.

FLAT Bench
135x10-225x10-315x10-365x4
365x4-315x10-275x10-225x20
225x20

BACK
BigMan PULLUPS 5x5 @ 365BW
Front Pulldown 4x12, 120lbs
Bent Over DB Row 4x12, 315lbs
StraightArm Pulldown 4x12, 60lbs
Barbell Shrug 4x12, 315lbs

Spider DB Curls Single Arm
4x8, 65lbs

Seated Machine Arm Curl
1PLx10x4

Note:
Cardio has been left put unintentionally but I will add it back in but the bf lost still has been happening without hindering my strength. The scale hasn't moved but my look is slowly changing. It's going to be epic by the time I'm finished running this product.
Wow! Such strong compliments! Nice workout :)

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Friday 3/31

Squats
135x10
225x5
315x5
405x3

Single LEG Press
2PLx20
4PLx20
6Plx15
8PLx15
10PLx12
12PLx10

Leg Curl
120lbsx15x4

Leg Extension
120lbsx15x4

Notes:
The Grind continues. Positivity always, negativity never. All out, balls to the wall making bf scream for mercy. Melting body butter 1 day at a time. Lehgo!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
4/1 April Fools Day

What a day. I was asked several questions by my 5 yr old, which I knew the answers but played along. He had fun telling me April Fools as if I truly fell for it. The smile on his face is priceless. I enjoyed every moment of it. Of course, my 3 yr old joined in on the fun. They are he greatest gifts ever handed to me and my wife. Continuing on with this log, I decided to hit Delts/Arms again.

Standing, behind the head, over head press:
135 lbs x 15 reps
155 lbs x 15 reps
175 lbs x 12 reps
195 lbs x 10 reps
Drop set (strips) of Overhead press
145lbs x 5 reps
125lbs x 10 reps
105lbs x 15 reps
85lbs x 20 reps
65 lbs x 25 reps

Upright Barbell rows (each set super setted with resistance band upright rows, wide grip)
135lbs x 15 reps
145lbs x 15 reps
155lbs x 12 reps

Medial deltoid raises
3 sets of 30 reps at 45lbs :( {apologies, dont know what happened to the footage}

Battle Chains (for rear delts)
3 rounds of 60 seconds straight

Dumbel Shoulder shrugs
140lbs X 20 reps, 4 sets

That us all. Whooooooo!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
4/2-4/5 OFF Days

I basically went 6 days straight last week. I'm taking a half week off in order to heal regroup and figure some things out. It's awesome you guys took a chance on me and logging because even in my struggle I found out some great news today which will motivate me even further to knock this log and supplementation out the park. I've found another job. In fact, I feel so blessed because I've submitted tons of applications and got just as many no responses except for one. I'm so thrilled and excited because the offer was unexpected and I stood my ground this entire time from moving on faith, selling and buying a home, to understanding God is in control and allowing him to work things out. By standing on the premise I will never have to move again and find employment to take care of my family for the rest of my life. Dream job, maybe. It's a blessing nonetheless after all I've experienced since leaving the military, even that wasn't by choice. When I tell you I've been granted another large blessing, I can;t explain enough. God is stacking them one on top of another. I was always told to stop thinking so small when you go to him but think bigger because that's what he wants to do for you. More than you can imagine. I can't express enough what he has placed in my hands once again. My apologies if you think differently.

Back to the log. I'm on track to continue cutting. MassMaxXT has me eating like a madman. I'm careful to ensure all food is clean and high in protein.I'm loving the results thus far. We will see where i am Monday, in terms of bf. I check daily in the mirror but usually it takes a week to get a pound off.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the new job!!

Glad you are able to keep the diet clean with the hunger increase.

Angrypolak

Angrypolak

Awards
First off, awesome news in your personal journey! I can't say I've been in your shoes, but I worked in construction when the housing market took a nosedive...so I can definitely relate.

Second, your shoulder routine is also awesome. I can't move anything near what you and FireTitan are getting in your logs, but it's pushing me to keep the pedal down too!

Congrats again.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
4/6 Chesticles

Repeated last weeks workout to ensure I was making progress back to the 400lb club.

Bench Press:
135x10
225x10
315x10
365x5
365x5

Close Grip Bench
225x10x4

Smith Incline Press
25lb Plate Each Side, 4x10

Straight Arm Pulldown
80lbsx4x10

Bicep Curls
35lbx4x10

Hammer Curls
75lbx4x10

CLose Grip Pulldown
120lbx4x10

Finished this with 20minutes of cardio. The grind continues. MassMaxXt is the shiz. Side Bar: Got the confirmation on my new job position. SIgned and returned offer letter. Couldn't be any more happy for my family and mysellf.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
4/7 Lower Back/Hammies

Deadlift Focused {Beltless, Strapless, Wrapless}
135x10
225x8
315x5
405x3
475x1

Regaining my strength on the deqads. It's going to be a challenge. I've been seeing people hit these numbers like their snacks. I can't believe the amount of people killing squats and deads like it's butter. I'm embarassed. It's like 600 is the new 500lbs. It's ridiculous. I'm on a mission. GUys my size are in the 700's amd 800's like it's a walk in the park. I have a lot of work to do. It all begins now. I also did a bunch of accesoires to compliment the dead to warm up my back but post lifting to ensure tightness would not occur.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Nice work from a fellow hokie, class of 2008.
I didn't actually attend VT. I became a fan once the shooting happened. In fact, I didn't like college football much until it occured. I felt bad for the students. At the time I was living in Tazewell County, Va. I worked for a company named Consol Energy. A coworker asked if I wanted to work the football games. I drove two hours every Saturday to work unarmed security, just so I could be there a show pride for the school but also watch ACC GAmes up close. I was placed in Lower Section East Side, from 2008-2012 I worked the games and on the field for crowd control. I loved it. I was showing my supposrt for the students. Then I found out they woulkd have one game a season dedicated to military day and uniforms and helmets just for the Military Appreciation Day. They conducted fly overs of the stadium during the national anthem. I dedicated my support ever since. Love the Hokies. Being a Naval and Army Veteran makes me proud to support the Hokies.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't actually attend VT. I became a fan once the shooting happened. In fact, I didn't like college football much until it occured. I felt bad for the students. At the time I was living in Tazewell County, Va. I worked for a company named Consol Energy. A coworker asked if I wanted to work the football games. I drove two hours every Saturday to work unarmed security, just so I could be there a show pride for the school but also watch ACC GAmes up close. I was placed in Lower Section East Side, from 2008-2012 I worked the games and on the field for crowd control. I loved it. I was showing my supposrt for the students. Then I found out they woulkd have one game a season dedicated to military day and uniforms and helmets just for the Military Appreciation Day. They conducted fly overs of the stadium during the national anthem. I dedicated my support ever since. Love the Hokies. Being a Naval and Army Veteran makes me proud to support the Hokies.
Go Navy!! Former IS3 here

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
4/8 Saturday

Main Lift Was The Incline Bench Press.

Incline Bench Press:
135x10
225x8
275x6
315x4x8

Incline Bicep Curls
35lbsx4x8

Straight Arm Pulldown
120x4x12

Face Pulls
120x4x12

Pull Ups
5x5

Finished this workout and was quite happy since 315lbs felt really good. Which means I probably can attempt another 405 single on the incline soon.
Also, took the kids to see Dinosaurs at UTZ ARENA IN YORK PA. They had a blast.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4/8 Saturday

Main Lift Was The Incline Bench Press.

Incline Bench Press:
135x10
225x8
275x6
315x4x8

Incline Bicep Curls
35lbsx4x8

Straight Arm Pulldown
120x4x12

Face Pulls
120x4x12

Pull Ups
5x5

Finished this workout and was quite happy since 315lbs felt really good. Which means I probably can attempt another 405 single on the incline soon.
Also, took the kids to see Dinosaurs at UTZ ARENA IN YORK PA. They had a blast.
Nice numbers man

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Sunday 4/9

Main Lift Deadlift
Warmed Up lower back with some accessories:
135x10
225x8
315x5x5

Continued workout with some hamstring movements
Straight Leg Deads
135x10
225x10
245x2 Sets x 20

Moved over to Leg Press
All Single Legged, yes one leg At-A-Time.
2PLx20
4Plx15
6PLx12
8PLx10
10PLx8
12Plx4 Setsx8 Reps

Work complete!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
4/10 Monday
Day Off Day
Went to get a physical, drug and hearing exam for new employer. What an adventure. It took over 4 hours just to get started since they didn't have my employer info in their system. Once we got it all resolved, everything was a go. Got it done and over awaiting results.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on hitting your 2015 PR. 2017 is treating you well so far.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
4/11
Back and Bi Day
Cable Lat Pulldown: 4 sets x 12 reps,
Seated Mid Row machine: 4 sets x 12 reps,
Seated Reverse Flye: 4 sets x 20 reps,

EZ Bar Curls: 3 sets x 8 reps
Alternate Hammer Curl: 3 sets x 12 reps
Cable curl (from behind body): 3 sets x 20 reps

Hit a major pump to get the blood flowing in the muscles!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
4/12 Wednesday HumpDay

Flat bench Press {AM} Post 12HR night shift.
135x10
135x10
225x10
225x10
315x8
355x2x3
380x2x2
420x2x3 w/ Slingshot
365x4
315x8
225x20
225x20

Incline Bench {PM}
135x10
225x8
275x6
335x2x3

Completed a series of bicep movements. On way back to the 400lb club. Feeling strong and full with MassMaxXT. It is an awesome product. I'm getting stronger each day I use it/ Everything is adding up to daily for the greater good.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4/12 Wednesday HumpDay

Flat bench Press {AM} Post 12HR night shift.
135x10
135x10
225x10
225x10
315x8
355x2x3
380x2x2
420x2x3 w/ Slingshot
365x4
315x8
225x20
225x20

Incline Bench {PM}
135x10
225x8
275x6
335x2x3

Completed a series of bicep movements. On way back to the 400lb club. Feeling strong and full with MassMaxXT. It is an awesome product. I'm getting stronger each day I use it/ Everything is adding up to daily for the greater good.
Awesome to hear. Glad you are enjoying it.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HokiePride youre doing good bro!! And if I hadnt said it before...Congratulations on the new gig!!

flyAA

Awards
Awesome for you to show your support. It was 10 years ago today. Crazy.

I had class in Norris hall during the same time the shooting happened. Only thing is the shooting was on a Monday and my class in there was Tuesday/Thursday.

Go Hokies

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
4/13 Back & Bi Day

Deadlifts: 5 sets x 5 reps, 315lbs Taking things light

Seated Smith Row: 4 sets x 8-15 reps, Up to Five Plates.

Cable Lat Pulldown: 4 sets x 8 – 15 reps, Varied weight

Incline Dumbbell Press: 4 sets x 8 – 15 reps, 100lbs

Machine flat press: 4 sets x 8 – 15 reps, Up to Five Plates

Cable flyes: 3 sets x 12 – 15 reps, 60lbs

Bicep EZ Curl: 3 sets x 15 reps
EZ Bar Skull Crusher: 3 sets x 15 reps

Hammer Curls: 3 sets x 15-20 reps, 35lbs
Rope Pressdown: 3 sets x 15 reps, 80lbs

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
4/14

Squats & Delts

Squat: 5 sets x 5 reps, 315lbs

Leg extension: 3 sets x 15 reps, 120lbs

Dumbbell stiff leg deadlift: 3 sets x 15 reps,225lbs

Lying leg curl: 3 sets x 8 reps,

Walking lunge: 3 sets x 15 reps

Dumbbell push press: 4 sets x 8 reps
Seated Dumbbell press: 4 sets x 12 – 15 reps,
Leaning cable lat raise: 4 sets x 15 reps,

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
4/15

Armageddon

Pullups 5 x 5, BDWT
Close Bench Press 3 x 10, 315lbs
Bicep EZ Curl: 3 sets x 15 reps
EZ Bar Skull Crusher: 3 sets x 15 reps, 95lbs

Hammer Curls: 3 sets x 15-20 reps, 45lbs
Rope Pressdown: 3 sets x 15 reps, 80lbs
Reverse BB Curls 3 x 15, 65lbs

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
4/16
Easter Sunday: Day of Rest

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
4/17
Bench Press
135 x 10, 225 x 10, 315 x 8, 355 x 4, 355 x 4, 380 x 2, 380 x 2, 425 x 1/2 Rep.

4/18
REST

4/19
Incline Bench Press
135 x 10, 225 x 10, 315 x 6, 345 x 3, 345 x 3

Close Grip Bench Press
135 x 10, 225 x 10, 315 x 5, 360 x 3, 360 x 3

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
4/20
Still rolling along with the MassMaxXT. Nothing short of gainz. Feeling full and killing workouts. Tonight I hit legs. I begun a twice a week leg regiment. We shall see how this goes. About to change jobs and don;t know what to expect but one thing is for sure. You tend to find out who were your friends and who was just being nosy. There are those who are fake friends and under their breath curse you. It's a shame when all you want is for them to understnad your position but for their own selfish reasons actually despise you but in your face say otherwise.

Angrypolak

Angrypolak

Awards
4/20
Still rolling along with the MassMaxXT. Nothing short of gainz. Feeling full and killing workouts. Tonight I hit legs. I begun a twice a week leg regiment. We shall see how this goes. About to change jobs and don;t know what to expect but one thing is for sure. You tend to find out who were your friends and who was just being nosy. There are those who are fake friends and under their breath curse you. It's a shame when all you want is for them to understnad your position but for their own selfish reasons actually despise you but in your face say otherwise.
I know exactly where you're coming from. I'd rather have somebody just be real and own their dislike for me (if that is the case) than be fake about it! Ironically, I use the gym as an outlet for a lot of that. Hope the Massmax treats you well on the home stretch. I'm down to the last few days and I've seen "nothing short of gainz" myself!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
4/21

Legs/shoulders

DB shoulder press
70sx15
80sx10x9x8
70sx10

DB shrugs
115x12(PR)x11x10x10x10

Upright rows
95x10
105x9x9
95x9

Squats
135x15
225x12
245x10x10x9
225x11x10

Leg press
10 platesx12x11x10x10x10

Calf raises
185x12x12x12x12

Leg curl
160x12x12x11x11

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Nice log entries my friend!
Thanks a lot. I'm looking to bring fruitful info and logs to people who give me these great opportunities.This is the best yet, especially in supplementation. I'm feeling full and every nutrient is utilized to the max.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Took the weekend off, time to grind. Next two days off. See what i can get done.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
4/24
A little behind on the updates. Here they go.

Chest/Lt Back/Legs

Straight Arm Pulldown
70sx15
80sx10x9x8
70sx10

Behind neck Pulldown
120x4x12

Low Cable Row
120x4x12

Incline Bench
135x10
225x10
315x8345x2x3 {Climbing back to 405 PR}

Cable FLye
80x4x12

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
4/25
Single Leg press
12 platesx4x12

Calf raises
185x12x12x12x12

Squats
185x5x10

Cardio
30min x 3.0 Inl. x 3.5 Speed

Note Slow Climb. I can PR a lot hire but retraining legs for more direct stimulation at lower weight. Loving MassMaxXT. This product keps me lit and muscle full in the gym.

Colby.Strunk

Colby.Strunk

Awards
  • Established
Keep up the hard work brother!