Hives and allergic reaction from Test E Cycle

defactolordswinger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys I'm wondering if im have an allergic reaction to some gear.

Background:
Im on my third week of a cycle of 300mg of GP test E. I did my 5th pin of 150mg 2 days ago.

Issue:
I was at the gym a little bit ago, and a few minutes into my workout i noticed what i thought was an itchy musquioto bite on my arm. A few minutes later i noticed a few more on the same arm. By the end of my workout i found a dozen "hives" all over my body. Most of the faded within an hour, but new ones kept popping up. Could this be an allergic reaction to the suspension oil in the testosterone. I would have thought an allergic reaction would have manifested sooner.

Im kinda worried, so i thought I'd get some advice. Thanks in advance everyone!

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
There is currently an active thread by @Punkrocker about a similar topic, I would advise checking it out as some users discuss their allergic reactions.

If you already been on for weeks and it’s been your fifth shot, and your at the gym and you randomly just notice hives. I doubt it is related. However, I’ll let people who have experienced oil-related allergic reactions chime in.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You’re almost certainly not allergic to testosterone itself. You could be allergic to the oil carrier or certain solvent they are using to make your test. I’m allergic to cotton seed oil and any steroids made with it will get sick as hell for 48 hours if I inject it.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is currently an active thread by @Punkrocker about a similar topic, I would advise checking it out as some users discuss their allergic reactions.

If you already been on for weeks and it’s been your fifth shot, and your at the gym and you randomly just notice hives. I doubt it is related. However, I’ll let people who have experienced oil-related allergic reactions chime in.
Yeah it looks like I did not have an infection however the shot I did was extremely swollen for a good 48hrs accompanied by a low grade fever which is now starting to get better. I'm gonna assume maybe it was some kind of immune response to the irritation from the shot? Maybe a possible allergic reaction?

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Take an anti histamine and assess . If the anti h provides relief, it could be an allergic reaction

defactolordswinger

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Yah I can't really remember ever getting hives before. They were definstely really itchy, like a dozen musquito bites. Its been like 4 hours and they have all faded. I hope more people input, the only real tbing im worried about is having a more severe reaction.

defactolordswinger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Take an anti histamine and assess . If the anti h provides relief, it could be an allergic reaction
It only lasted about 3 hours, and now i just have some residual itching. If it happens again I'll try it.

G34RS

G34RS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Was your arm in contact with the pads or towels from the gym? There’s always a possibility that the detergent they use on the towels or any kind of residue left on the workout equipment may have triggered something.

Until you can figure out the cause, I’d keep a couple benadryl on hand. In case a more serious reaction starts occurring, the benadryl will tide you over until you can get seen at a clinic or hospital.

defactolordswinger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Was your arm in contact with the pads or towels from the gym? There’s always a possibility that the detergent they use on the towels or any kind of residue left on the workout equipment may have triggered something.

Until you can figure out the cause, I’d keep a couple benadryl on hand. In case a more serious reaction starts occurring, the benadryl will tide you over until you can get seen at a clinic or hospital.
Nah i dont think so. I got them all over my body

defactolordswinger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Update:
Its the next morning now, and iv had a few hives over random partd of my body. I also had really itchy feet randomly this morning. I took a zyrtec too see if it would make a difference. About 30 min later i got hives all over the backs of my hands and upper fore-arms. Alot more of them than yesterday. They mostly faded about an hour after they came. Now thr itchy feet and small amountd of random hives have been coming and going.

Concerns:
I'm not sure if the zyrtec helped, as i still have the itchy hives. It could have reduced them but im not sure. Should i still do my next pin on monday? I guess i should mention that im visiting my folks for the thanksgiving weekend, and maybe there is something at their house im allergic to. I dont think thats the case, since iv stayed there several times just a few months ago.

G34RS

G34RS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Update:
Its the next morning now, and iv had a few hives over random partd of my body. I also had really itchy feet randomly this morning. I took a zyrtec too see if it would make a difference. About 30 min later i got hives all over the backs of my hands and upper fore-arms. Alot more of them than yesterday. They mostly faded about an hour after they came. Now thr itchy feet and small amountd of random hives have been coming and going.

Concerns:
I'm not sure if the zyrtec helped, as i still have the itchy hives. It could have reduced them but im not sure. Should i still do my next pin on monday? I guess i should mention that im visiting my folks for the thanksgiving weekend, and maybe there is something at their house im allergic to. I dont think thats the case, since iv stayed there several times just a few months ago.
I would not do the next injection. If the hives lessen after skipping it, it’d be a good indication that that’s the cause. Also, I’d get info from your source about the kind of oil used in the test.

Continue using the zyrtec for a few more days, it may take more time to calm your body down than is possible with just one or two doses.

If you start getting hives on your face or groin, you really need to go to see a doctor. The body fights very hard to keep those areas from getting infected or having extreme reactions, so if the hives start popping up there, it means you probably won’t be able to manage it at home anymore.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My gut is saying this sounds random. Like your skin is dry and cracked from winter furnaces and you cleaned the garage and some random irritation occurred. Im not saying that's the exact mechanism, but illustrates my guess

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This is great advice.

I may have saved someone's life before with Benadryl.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My gut is saying this sounds random. Like your skin is dry and cracked from winter furnaces and you cleaned the garage and some random irritation occurred. Im not saying that's the exact mechanism, but illustrates my guess
yeah, seems odd for allergic reaction to wait 3 weeks to happen?

but stranger things have happened :unsure:

:)

defactolordswinger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
yeah, seems odd for allergic reaction to wait 3 weeks to happen?

but stranger things have happened :unsure:

:)
I really hope its not. Im far enough into the cycle that i would probably need to pct to go off. So i would like to finish at this point 😭

defactolordswinger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Could the test be aggravating existing allergies? I'm mildly allergic to some foods and pollen, but i can and usually do eat those foods without problem.

defactolordswinger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I would not do the next injection. If the hives lessen after skipping it, it’d be a good indication that that’s the cause. Also, I’d get info from your source about the kind of oil used in the test.

Continue using the zyrtec for a few more days, it may take more time to calm your body down than is possible with just one or two doses.

If you start getting hives on your face or groin, you really need to go to see a doctor. The body fights very hard to keep those areas from getting infected or having extreme reactions, so if the hives start popping up there, it means you probably won’t be able to manage it at home anymore.
Its a UGL, but i will try based off of thr batch. As for the hives, so far they and the other allergy symptoms have come and go. They hsvent showed up since this morning, so if they don't come up by monday, i'll try another dose. Am i at risk for my throat closing up?

G34RS

G34RS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Its a UGL, but i will try based off of thr batch. As for the hives, so far they and the other allergy symptoms have come and go. They hsvent showed up since this morning, so if they don't come up by monday, i'll try another dose. Am i at risk for my throat closing up?
Probably not at a substantial risk of anaphylaxis if you’ve never had that kind of reaction before, but it is always a possibility with allergic reactions.

defactolordswinger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Update:
Well it seems to have evolved. Im not getting hives or the itchiness anymore, which could be curdisy of the zyrtec, but now i have developed an extreme intolerance to cold things. If i let my hands get cold from outside or handling frozen food, i get an extremely painful burning sensation as they warm back up. Same happens to my mouth and throat when i drink a cold drink, doesnt matter what it is. The pain subsidides after a couple minutes, but it is very intense. Could this be blood pressure related or something? Saw a doc and he had no idea, but gave me a bunch of tests.

I'm not sure if I should postpone the dose at this point. It would take 3-4 weeks for the test to clear though, so I'm not sure if there is much value in skipping the dose, as I would just have to come off cycle completely to see results as far as I can tell. Because it's not like this happened right after a pin.

Last edited:
G34RS

G34RS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Update:
Well it seems to have evolved. Im not getting hives or the itchiness anymore, which could be curdisy of the zyrtec, but now i have developed an extreme intolerance to cold things. If i let my hands get cold from outside or handling frozen food, i get an extremely painful burning sensation as they warm back up. Same happens to my mouth and throat when i drink a cold drink, doesnt matter what it is. The pain subsidides after a couple minutes, but it is very intense. Could this be blood pressure related or something? Saw a doc and he had no idea, but gave me a bunch of tests.

I'm not sure if I should postpone the dose at this point. It would take 3-4 weeks for the test to clear though, so I'm not sure if there is much value in skipping the dose, as I would just have to come off cycle completely to see results as far as I can tell. Because it's not like this happened right after a pin.
How many cycles have you done before?

Have you switched sources between cycles?

I would personally delay the next shot. That issue you have with cold doesn’t seem insignificant. It’s possible the test isn’t the cause, but it could also be making things worse. A rheumatologist might be your next step if your GP can’t figure anything out.

If you don’t want to completely come off, try to limit yourself to 150 mgs or so a week. That way your body is closer to a normal baseline.

Last edited:

defactolordswinger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
How many cycles have you done before?

Have you switched sources between cycles?

I would personally delay the next shot. That issue you have with cold doesn’t seem insignificant. It’s possible the test isn’t the cause, but it could also be making things worse. A rheumatologist might be your next step if your GP can’t figure anything out.

If you don’t want to completely come off, try to limit yourself to 150 mgs or so a week. That way your body is closer to a normal baseline.
1st Cycle
1 Source
Thanks for the rheumatologist. I think I'll mention that to the GP after my tests come back. Your advice seems sound. I'll skip the doses this week, and go to 150mg next week, and see how it goes.
Thanks for the input!

G34RS

G34RS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Good luck! Hope you’re able to figure this out sooner rather than later.

defactolordswinger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Good luck! Hope you’re able to figure this out sooner rather than later.
Thanks bro. Havent heard of anyone else having this issue before so i hope any future person can learn from whatever fixes this.

defactolordswinger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Update:
I think I have a hypothesis on what the issue could be. So it appears my source uses MCT as a carrier oil. I did some digging into MCT and found the article linked below. The study basically says that MCT oil can elevate existing allergies, and create new ones that didn't exist before, potentially resulting in inflammation across the body. As both my symptoms have to do with inflammation, I think this might be the entirety of the issue.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 24
Anabolics 1
35 and Older 5
Anabolics 15
Cycle Logs 0