HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
that's where my brass balls went!
Yeah boy. Only - I'm just putting my head through walls based on sheer willpower right now. Maybe you can teach me how to actually sell something?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
More on topic, I've been a HUGE fan of coconut oil for a long, long time. But, I always question whether what I think is true is actually true; and my results appear to be mixed from using coconut oil. I've always felt it has some benefits, but can easily take you out of a caloric deficit, so I've kept my intake fairly reasonable (usually 1-2 TBSP a day when I use it).

But I started wondering if there was any real scientific evidence that it causes or aids weight loss, etc. or if it's just hype - things we read, things we put together, things other people think, etc.

And I found some interesting studies, including this one:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8654328?dopt=Abstract

If my calculations are right, this means that 30 grams of coconut oil increased TDEE by 113 calories, or ALMOST 4 calories/gram. Couple this with the fact that it has 8 calories instead of 9 like most fats, and the stuff isn't as calorie dense as it may seem.

And of course there are studies showing it increases CCK and PYY - thus making it a good appetite suppressant.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
If my calculations are right, this means that 30 grams of coconut oil increased TDEE by 113 calories, or ALMOST 4 calories/gram. Couple this with the fact that it has 8 calories instead of 9 like most fats, and the stuff isn't as calorie dense as it may seem.

And of course there are studies showing it increases CCK and PYY - thus making it a good appetite suppressant.
Interesting.

What are TDEE's and is it a good thing to increase them?

All I've ever read about coconut oil is that dietary fat is valuable for stoking the fat burning furnace -- esp at a caloric deficit -- and that coconut oil is one of the healthier fats you can take.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Interesting.

What are TDEE's and is it a good thing to increase them?

All I've ever read about coconut oil is that dietary fat is valuable for stoking the fat burning furnace -- esp at a caloric deficit -- and that coconut oil is one of the healthier fats you can take.
Sorry - TDEE = Total Daily Energy Expenditure

So, yes, what you've heard about "stoking the fat burning furnace" kind of has some merit here - there is evidence it speeds up the metabolism. Of course, the study shows a wide variation, so not everyone will be at 4 calories/gram. Some people were around 7 calories and some around 1 calorie I believe....just on average.

In light of this, if you're using some other oil already in your diet and you replace it with CO, it would make sense you'd lose some weight if all else remains the same.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As far as hairygrandpa goes, I am totally disregarding the advice you have historically given me and I am going after some big, big fish. After years of selling and working on all kinds of different projects I've realized - the little people kick you in the teeth just like the big people. So, I've compiled a list of 1300 owners with the smallest deal being over $5M. I'm working on researching, calling and following up with every last one of them. Most of these deals involve companies we have all heard of (or at least in the US) and if I can convince just ONE of them to sell, I already have about 5-10 buyers who will buy the assets in a heartbeat, and I will be successful and forget my roots and everyone at AM.

I am also working on making connections within the supplement industry because dsade and I have been working together to try to land some large accounts for Evomuse, which has actually been extremely fun. He and I may also have a side venture going developing a product for an extremely well-known non-supplement company.

In other words, I have a lot of pies in the sky right now.
Why is it, that I'm not surprised? Ah, I remember, we are a bit alike, LOL!
Go for it and proof me wrong!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Why is it, that I'm not surprised? Ah, I remember, we are a bit alike, LOL!
Go for it and proof me wrong!
When I was in college I had a girlfriend who had this awesome family (miss them more than her). We would all play card games on the weekend and the family favorite was spades. I would go blind nill almost every game...meaning before I even looked at the cards I had, I was betting I wouldn't win a single hand. Doing this and calling it before hand gave you the most points....or lost the most. It's just my style.