Hit shoulder nerve when injecting?

TESTP89

TESTP89

Awards
Injecting Test E into the left shoulder...

Bad pip the next day more than before..

Muscle has seemed very hard on the delt as if I hit a nerve or damaged the muscle with the injection?

Very very minor swelling but has gotten better but the shoulder was very hard and tense for a few days but getting better.

Any idea what this might be?

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
First shot with that oil or done shots with the same oil before without issues?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I get more PIP with shoulders than some other sites ???

klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Muscle has seemed very hard on the delt as if I hit a nerve or damaged the muscle with the injection?

Very very minor swelling but has gotten better but the shoulder was very hard and tense for a few days but getting better.

How much did you jack? If I do 2+ccs My shoulder will hurt for 5 days.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How much did you jack? If I do 2+ccs My shoulder will hurt for 5 days.
That’s individual, I do 3cc in my shoulders with no issues/zero pip. Delts are my favorite pin area.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That’s individual, I do 3cc in my shoulders with no issues/zero pip. Delts are my favorite pin area.
My favorite as well.

@TESTP89

Take a picture of your shoulder and put a little dot on the injection site. Even though most of your side delt is fair game, there's about a 1.5x1.5 in area that's the correct spot. Maybe you went too far from that spot, maybe it's just a coincidence and it was a bad pin or you wiggled too much. Every once in a blue moon il get a weird pin that leaves a small bruise and I get pip. But it's rare

TESTP89

TESTP89

Awards
My favorite as well.

@TESTP89

Take a picture of your shoulder and put a little dot on the injection site. Even though most of your side delt is fair game, there's about a 1.5x1.5 in area that's the correct spot. Maybe you went too far from that spot, maybe it's just a coincidence and it was a bad pin or you wiggled too much. Every once in a blue moon il get a weird pin that leaves a small bruise and I get pip. But it's rare

Attachments

TESTP89

TESTP89

Awards
First shot with that oil or done shots with the same oil before without issues?
It was like 2 shots in...I dunno if I hit something...I aspirated but no blood... It went really tense the day later and hard

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Do you have crazy weakness or is the area just inflammed?
You would know if you hit a nerve. You would jump through the roof and remove the needle immediatly. I get and do tons of dry needling - even if you hit a nerve, its not a big deal - it happens all the time, but only when you are near a nerve. Anywhere you would inject is nowhere near nerves in the first place. You may have got a jump in the muscle and or tendon upon injection which is just a small spasm releasing itself. I would just carry like nothing happened unless you are unable to use your arm / fingers (which I highly doubt).

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Might just be dumb luck, bad shot or wiggled 2 much. When new to delts they are a big pip spot. But after a few there smooth and painless.

Also no need to aspirate, I haven't in years, nurses don't even do it any more. If you aspirate and a little blood gets in that also don't mean your in a vein. If you were the whole syringe would fill with blood in like 2 secconds

TESTP89

TESTP89

Awards
Do you have crazy weakness or is the area just inflammed?
You would know if you hit a nerve. You would jump through the roof and remove the needle immediatly. I get and do tons of dry needling - even if you hit a nerve, its not a big deal - it happens all the time, but only when you are near a nerve. Anywhere you would inject is nowhere near nerves in the first place. You may have got a jump in the muscle and or tendon upon injection which is just a small spasm releasing itself. I would just carry like nothing happened unless you are unable to use your arm / fingers (which I highly doubt).

It was slightly swollen but going down now. It isn't as sore but checking it's not infected.

TESTP89

TESTP89

Awards
Might just be dumb luck, bad shot or wiggled 2 much. When new to delts they are a big pip spot. But after a few there smooth and painless.

Also no need to aspirate, I haven't in years, nurses don't even do it any more. If you aspirate and a little blood gets in that also don't mean your in a vein. If you were the whole syringe would fill with blood in like 2 secconds
Amazing thanks

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
It was slightly swollen but going down now. It isn't as sore but checking it's not infected.
Sounds good - maybe a litte ice. Some light front, lateral, rear raises and bicep and hammer curls, dumbell shoulder press. That shoulder will probably feel better than it ever did in a few days lol - sounds like you got rid of an adhesion in there.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m not a doctor so always consult yours if the concern persists. However, from my experience, if it were me in your spot I wouldn’t be too terribly worried, but would still remain attentive to it. It would likely be more apparent if it was a hit nerve. Well a direct hit anyway. It could be that the volume of the oil may have caused pressure near one though. I think we all have a bad injection from time to time so it’s easy to think the worst.

TESTP89

TESTP89

Awards
Sounds good - maybe a litte ice. Some light front, lateral, rear raises and bicep and hammer curls, dumbell shoulder press. That shoulder will probably feel better than it ever did in a few days lol - sounds like you got rid of an adhesion in there.
Oh you think it was a knot?

TESTP89

TESTP89

Awards
I’m not a doctor so always consult yours if the concern persists. However, from my experience, if it were me in your spot I wouldn’t be too terribly worried, but would still remain attentive to it. It would likely be more apparent if it was a hit nerve. Well a direct hit anyway. It could be that the volume of the oil may have caused pressure near one though. I think we all have a bad injection from time to time so it’s easy to think the worst.
Thank you..

Warning signs might be..Inflammation...Redness.....Spreading?

Reactions: ZOO
ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you..

Warning signs might be..Inflammation...Redness.....Spreading?
Correct. In terms of infection those would be some warning signs along with warming of the area. Try not to over analyze the area though because if you’re like me you’ll start seeing symptoms that don’t actually exist. For example, I thought an injection spot was suspiciously warm but in actuality it was my natural body temperature XD

klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Shoulders is my favorite spot too...... But I am assuming your delts are much bigger than mine. I would imagine muscle size makes a big difference (Im 6"1' 200 lbs)

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
This happened to me once. I stopped using delts because of it. Had intense pain and could not get comfortable in any position. Couldn't even sleep that night. My shoulder was completely useless all day! It did mostly go away after 30-40 hours. Gone after a few days. Been pinning vents daily for at least a year now and have had zero issues.

I think the issue was that the oil I deposited was putting pressure on a major nerve. My dumb ass shouldn't have pinned there because putting the oil in did hurt a bit. My fault for ignoring my body.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Shoulders is my favorite spot too...... But I am assuming your delts are much bigger than mine. I would imagine muscle size makes a big difference (Im 6"1' 200 lbs)
I have 35lb on you so overall size could make a difference but I think 200 should be big enough for a bigger shot. But in the end it’s just individual preference, I’m not a fan of glute shots for an example.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
damn you can pump 3 in there!? anymore than 1 and I get leakage
Yeah, no issues at all. It’s annoying (to me) to pin so I try to do as few shots as possible on cycle, I even got 5cc syringes (although I never filled them up) so I can cut down on pins if I have to do a lot of oil. 2x for cycles and 1x for TRT ew.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar

Also, are you using 1/2" 27g slin pins? You really don't need to go any deeper than that for a delt and it will help keep you away from problem areas.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah, no issues at all. It’s annoying (to me) to pin so I try to do as few shots as possible on cycle, I even got 5cc syringes (although I never filled them up) so I can cut down on pins if I have to do a lot of oil. 2x for cycles and 1x for TRT ew.
I haven't done it many times because I keep all of my injections usually to 1 ml or less because I do it so frequently but I love pinning two or three milliliters in my doubts and then going and doing a shoulder workout lol. You walk out the gym looking like a cartoon character

TESTP89

TESTP89

Awards
Correct. In terms of infection those would be some warning signs along with warming of the area. Try not to over analyze the area though because if you’re like me you’ll start seeing symptoms that don’t actually exist. For example, I thought an injection spot was suspiciously warm but in actuality it was my natural body temperature XD
Same..... Annoying as fcuk

Reactions: ZOO
TESTP89

TESTP89

Awards
I'm like 6'4 and 250

TESTP89

TESTP89

Awards
Also, are you using 1/2" 27g slin pins? You really don't need to go any deeper than that for a delt and it will help keep you away from problem areas.
Forget the size as my friend gave them to me by they're blue.. About 1.5 inches long..

Can I use slin needles for delts?

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I get paranoid the oil won't go in lol
Unless you're very high BF you can easily bury a slin pin into your delt. I use nothing but slin pins and I pin my vents daily. I'm single digit BF though. Try it out, you won't regret making the switch! You can get 100 for like $13 on Amazon.

TESTP89

TESTP89

Awards
Unless you're very high BF you can easily bury a slin pin into your delt. I use nothing but slin pins and I pin my vents daily. I'm single digit BF though. Try it out, you won't regret making the switch! You can get 100 for like $13 on Amazon.
I've got a lot of them... I'm floating around 10 percent max at the moment...So it should be OK

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've got a lot of them... I'm floating around 10 percent max at the moment...So it should be OK
Also, if you know a nurse (find one on Tinder if you don't) you can ask them to show you where you should pin. It's a fairly small area on the delts which is why I stopped using them. Good luck! 😃

TESTP89

TESTP89

Awards
Also, if you know a nurse (find one on Tinder if you don't) you can ask them to show you where you should pin. It's a fairly small area on the delts which is why I stopped using them. Good luck! 😃
**** no wonder I've been having issues with the delts 🙄

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not to freak you out but the one time I had a swelling in my delts was when something was wrong with the gear, I contacted the lab and they said some alcohol could’ve accidentally found it’s way to the oil (don’t ask me how). Golf ball sized swelling was in my delt and it took close to a week for it to go down.

Hopefully it’s nothing wrong with your gear but it’s something to think about.

TESTP89

TESTP89

Awards
Not to freak you out but the one time I had a swelling in my delts was when something was wrong with the gear, I contacted the lab and they said some alcohol could’ve accidentally found it’s way to the oil (don’t ask me how). Golf ball sized swelling was in my delt and it took close to a week for it to go down.

Hopefully it’s nothing wrong with your gear but it’s something to think about.
Thank you..

I injected into right delt today and it seems OK today.

Tomorrow I'm going to find out though if there is any change.

Hopefully not.

I should have stuck to Pharma stuff I can get from my mate but don't like amps...

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
you guys doing it in the front delt area or the middle? i've been doing it right in the middle like a vaccination
Side delt, upper middle portion.

I've done front delts a few times and it does not feel good lol