love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have done hip thrusts many times on the smith. I prefer the smith just because it’s easier to get postioned as well and loading/unloading the bar. I use a large pad and it’s rolls on the hips allowing them to keep their natural flexion. I’m interested in hearing more perspectives but personally I feel like it hits relatively the same way!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well I like it strictly to say Im throwing weight around but in reality I do feel there are more effective options. Hip Extension in itself can be overly complicated and I really love single leg bridges to say Im seeing a benefit.

Rouge and Nautilus both have Glute Drive variations that are more comfortable and natural in motion to achieve the same desired effects. I guess it really comes down to what you have access to. Planet Fit may only have a smith machine, Golds will offer 2-3 different things and your YMCA will just present something lol.

No matter the angle if one has the flexibility to fully extend the hip then they should see benefit. Yea my answer is all over the place and slightly a rant lol.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All the women at my gym do it. I do not mind seeing it.
That is really the only time i see it. There is one guy i have seen do it, but other than that just women. Most pretty hot.