Higher Dosed Ostarine......the answer?

D

dumplin716

Awards
When Ostarine first came out the "recommended" dosage was 20-25 mgs. The problem was that gains were "decent"but just weren't panning out like originally thought. Then we started hearing about a select few guys "experimenting" with higher doses around 50-75 mgs. The gains started coming. Guys started seeiing Anavar type gains on 50-75 mgs. What do you guys think? Are higher doses needed with this compound to see the appropriate gains? Heck, females are loving 20 mgs ostarine now! Any personal experiences?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Only thing I saw at 40mg+ was increased lethargy. At that point Id rather run something else.

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I'm not mistaken I have read about a few cycles which were ran at higher dosages and all it did was increase the negative side effects without actually increasing gains significantly

Eight

Eight

Awards
Felt absolutely no difference between 30 mg and higher. Just wasted caps IMHO.

Edit: 20-30 ED is just fine. I even ran just 10 last time, because reasons.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
The study amounts were in the 3mg range and produced sides.

20-25mg did just fine during a 1,000kcal deficit - not only maintained, but kept adding small weight increases for 8 weeks.

No idea on actual muscle gained (if any) as it's hard to *really* know without DXA.

GTx canceled development because it wasn't a "builder" - but the lead guy said he'd still use it today to maintain (sarcopenia).

That's all I know.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The whole selling point of SARMs is to avoid sides and shutdown. Higher doses likely negate its #1 reason to use.

At that point, you might as well use the better-suited non-selective steroids for better gains.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The study amounts were in the 3mg range and produced sides.

20-25mg did just fine during a 1,000kcal deficit - not only maintained, but kept adding small weight increases for 8 weeks.

No idea on actual muscle gained (if any) as it's hard to *really* know without DXA.

GTx canceled development because it wasn't a "builder" - but the lead guy said he'd still use it today to maintain (sarcopenia).

That's all I know.
I know the project manager who ran the project. It's been a while since I've talked to him but I think I remember him saying that the results at 9mg/day were fine but people starting seeing sides from it.

Based on his comments about the SARMs industry, I still don't think the folks selling the Ostarine are selling legit Osta - At least the ones claiming to sell it while GTx was still researching it years ago - those were not legit. Only one supplier worldwide was actually making the real stuff according to him. You might go back and see who was claiming to sell it around 2007-2009. Those will be your liars right there.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It would be way too expensive to run 50-75mg, at that point why not just buy var or tbol

M

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
Here's a thought: if you want "Anavar type gains," run some Anavar!

Reactions: Nac