High TSH and low-normal T

JD284

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hi, 35yo male. Have had hypothyroidism my whole life but the past 6-10 months TSH has been over 10 despite increasing the levothyroxine dose but T4 range is normal. I just got my T tested via Quest for the first time ever and on the 250-827 range I am 275. Based on research and minor symptoms this may be considered low? Only supplement I am currently taking is anabolic effect and epiplex.
The other factor is I’ve been low dose (6-12gm daily) of kratom for the past year. I got Covid around the day of my T and TSH blood tests and I also stopped kratom that day (this past Tuesday).
Seems like there’s a lot of variables at play. My plan is to discontinue kratom and retest at some point. I also have Huel for breakfast an hour after levothyroxine which may be blocking absorption. Kratom may also block this absorption I am not sure.
From a basic google search it seems that hypothyroidism and low T may be related, anyone have any experience with this that can provide any feedback? Please feel free to move this thread if it belongs somewhere else.
Thanks