High total testosterone and E2, low libido?

baoschunny

Awards
Hey guys, I would like to ask a question and hoping somebody else has experienced/is experiencing the same thing.

I'm 23M, no trouble building muscle (pretty big traps for a natty, for example), no trouble burning fat, quite hairy, good beard, etc. But one thing throughout my whole life is my libido.

It's always been pretty bad, and at one point a few months ago I decided to consult a doc, because what the hell. As I got my blood results back, I was quite surprised. T was 1038 ng/dl, E2 was 52 ng/L (<43), free T 0.493 nmol/L (0.198-0.619) and SHBG 74 nmol/L (18.3-54.1).

Endocrinologist was surprised but didn't give any specific advice. I have tried lots of supplements, but none have actually worked. I legit don't know what to do.

Do any of you have fixed this issue?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Could be psychosomatic. Libido isn’t solely reliant on hormone levels. For example, a whole lot of bedroom action and/or your right or left hand girlfriend could actually desensitize you downstairs. Depression, stress, etc. could all play a factor. If hormones are in good shape, I would look at other aspects. If it’s a psychological issue, of course you should find a therapist to see what he/she could help you narrow down the underlying issue. Even if you don’t suspect that it’s a psychological issue, a therapist could often still be beneficial since gauging things entirely by yourself is not exactly the most accurate thing to rely on.

baoschunny

Awards
Thanks for the response.

I might see a therapist about this issue. This could definitely be psychosomatic. Thanks again for your input

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Try some nettle / tongkat +
boron. Lowering E and shbg may possibly help

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My reply is too long for one post so I'm splitting it into 2 posts.

The only thing I could see that could be an issue hormonally that could cause your libido to be low would possibly be the E levels being higher than normal. Your T levels are in the range for some guys that are on TRT and we get a lot of feedback from men on TRT whose libidos haven't gone up like they hoped about adding Inhibit-E into their protocol and it helping them a lot.

^^^ So that's an option that you could try that would cost less than 20.00 to try out and see if it helps.

When you say libido:
- Are you meaning that you just lack the desire for sex but can perform fine and it feels good when you have sex?
- Or do you lack the desire for sex and also don't get enjoyment from it and/or have a hard time keeping an erection?

I agree with what is already being said that seeing a therapist could be a good idea for this.

My post from this point forward is meant to hopefully be informative to you, but I'm not writing it specifically to you. I'm writing it in an overall informative context in hopes that other people that may read the thread now or down the road may find a benefit from some of it as well.

Lack of libido &/or lack of sexual satisfaction can be be related to medication, physical, or mental factors.
And if it is mental, it can be a combination of factors and not just one thing.

Lack of libido and lack of sexual satisfaction can be two completely different issues but can also relate to one another as well.
  • Some people lack the desire for sex but can perform fine and sex feels good to them when they do have it.
  • Some people lack the desire for sex and also don't get any enjoyment from it &/or have a hard time keeping an erection.
  • Some people have the desire for sex but don't physically enjoy it as much once doing it as they hoped &/or have a hard time maintaining an erection; which may lead them to psychologically want it less.
Libido - As in Lack of Desire:
A variety of factors can contribute to a lack of sexual desire including hormonal issues, stress, anxiety, depression, performance anxiety, self image issues, or mental stimulation & sexual perception issues.

Medications - It's always important to check with your doctor and make sure it isn't related to medications that you may be taking. Common examples of these can include, but are not limited to SSRI's, antidepressants, anxiety medications, antihistamines (allergy medicine), decongestants, and more.

Hormone Levels - Hormone levels play a key role for many people and oftentimes people focus on the testosterone level too much and not enough on the estrogen level. So in the case of the OP, it could be that the estrogen levels being so high are the culprit or at least a contributing factor.

Stress, Anxiety, & Depression - sometimes when we're going thru things or overcome and overwhelmed by things, our minds are just so overwhelmed that we can't focus on other things that we want to do, enjoy, or think we should enjoy. And it can be a vicious cycle because we can then beat ourselves up more bc we don't want to do those things and it puts even more pressure on us and overwhelms us more.

Performance Anxiety - for many people, they may become so concerned with how they perform sexually that the brain can actually reduce the desire for sex as a coping mechanism to help them deal with the performance anxiety. Think of it like this - a person is so concerned about pleasing their partner, doing a good job, lasting longer, etc. that sex becomes a source of stress and anxiety and pressure rather than pleasure and the brain adapts to that stress, anxiety, and pressure by removing the desire for it as a protective mechanism for the person.

In a lot of cases like this, people result to using erection enhancing drugs to help perform better but then that can be be detrimental in the long term bc they then feel like they can't perform without them and that its not them pleasing their partner, that its the erection enhancing medication.

In this case, mental coping techniques, an understanding partner, and certain types of therapy can be very beneficial. One very common suggestion in cases like this is if the main worry is pleasing your partner, do it before you do anything penetration related. For example, if you please your partner with manual or oral stimulation, then it takes the pressure off to perform in other ways. Also, for many females, if they are already stimulated beforehand, they are more likely to have an orgasm during.

Lack of Physical Sensation:
Lack of sensation is different in a way than lack of feeling please. Lack of feeling pleasure can be physical or psychological. Lack of sensation from sexual activity can be a side effect of some medications and can also be the result of decreased blood flow &/or the result of too much manual stimulation or the type of manual stimulation.

For example, a person that masturbates frequently can have lack of sensation issues during sex because the hand can deliver a level of pleasure and tightness than the human body cannot. So its a common suggestion from a therapist perspective to people that do masturbate regularly to cut back on the amount of times but to also decrease the level of grip or stimulation strength to get yourself mentally and physically back used to levels of sensations and tightness that the human body can replicate.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hard time Keeping an Erection/Poor Erection Quality:
This issue can by a variety of physical or mental factors and also caused by a variety of medications.

Medications - There are many medications that can contribute to the lack of ability to keep and erection or poor erection quality. These include but aren't limited to SSRI's, antidepressants, anxiety medications, certain blood pressure medications, ADHD medications, decongestants, and more. Many people don't know that common over the counter decongestants that are commonly used for colds or allergies can contribute to this.

Circulation - This can be caused by compromised blood flow and poor circulation; which can be caused by a number of health and medical issues; and also just simply by age. If this is severe, its a good idea to see a doctor. I'm not a fan of jumping right to an erection enhancing prescription though. I would first suggest trying supplements that can help improve blood flow and circulation. (For me, I have noticed greatly improved erection quality by using VASO6 daily).

Psychological - This can be caused by a variety of psychological factors including stress, anxiety, depression, ADHD, and more. Stress - too stressed to focus on what you're doing. Anxiety - too anxious to focus on what you're doing; too worried about it going soft and therefore contributing to it going soft. Depression - not in the mindset to be doing it to begin with. ADHD - mind racing about different things and not focused on what you're doing.

And also, sometimes it can honestly just be caused by boredom with the same partner or bc of doing the same things or sexual routines. This doesn't mean someone doesn't love their partner, find their partner attractive, or want their partner. It's just the way the brain works. In cases like this, mental tricks can come in handy - change up the routine, ask him/her to do something differently and make sure its in a fun way that doesn't hurt their feelings or make them feel like they're doing something wrong, etc.

Mental Stimulation & Sexual Perception Issues:
A big issue facing more and more people now days is unrealistic expectations when it comes to appearances and activities.

We live in a world where we can find enough of any sexual action online to where we can start to get desensitized to it and it can start to seem normal to us when it may definitely not be considered normal to our partner(s). So then, if there's something we like or want to try, its a let down for us if our partner says no so we enter into the activity with a negative mindset or may not want to do it at all.

^^^ This can and has unfortunately destroyed many relationships. A person in this situation really does have to ask themselves - what's more important to them, the act or the person. Because the answer to this is NEVER pressuring someone to do something they want to do. So if the act is more important, the best option may be to find someone that likes that too.

We also live in a world where many people's perceptions of beauty is so flawed. Everywhere we look are beautiful influencers and models. This influences some people's perceptions so much that that they don't want anything less than that; and those people represent less than 1% of the population. So they may not be aroused at the idea of sleeping with what they view as a 'normal' man or woman, when the reality is that that person many be beautiful for normal people's standards.

^^^ If you're in a relationship with someone but they don't meet your perceived standard of beauty, find something about them that you do like, that does turn you on and focus on that. If you're single, instead of measuring every female up against and unrealistic expectation of beauty, find something different and unique about someone that turns you on and look for that when trying to meet girls. And I don't meant the typical stuff. I mean maybe a pretty smile is your thing, or maybe its a certain style of the way someone dresses that you like. Find and focus on that rather than even thinking about looking for the model type look. Hey, maybe you luck out and find it, and if so, great for you; but hopefully you start to find 'normal' people more attractive again.

I sincerely hope that this post helps someone reading whether its now or in the future. I know it expands greatly beyond what the original poster was asking, but I had been meaning to write something like this for awhile for another purpose, so I figured I'd go ahead and write it now and share it.

baoschunny

Awards
When you say libido:
- Are you meaning that you just lack the desire for sex but can perform fine and it feels good when you have sex?
- Or do you lack the desire for sex and also don't get enjoyment from it and/or have a hard time keeping an erection?
Thanks for the well detailed reply! It's pretty much the 2nd one. As of now I'm taking 12mg boron and stinging nettle root extract (12.000mg). Not sure if it's working though. I have tried DIM in the past but I think the dosage was too high (150mg) because I felt horrible when taking it.

Might try Inhibit E! :)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Your welcome. I'm glad to help in any way that I can.

Boron and stinging nettle have their places in natural testosterone boosters but that doesn't seem to be your issue.

I would suggest Inhibit-E to help bring the E levels down. And if you want to try a libido specific supplement, you could take your choice between SNS Spilanthes XT and Pine Pollen caps; the feedback has been great on both.

We make some great testosterone boosters, but I suggested the above two because they are more libido specific. I use M-Test as part of my daily supplement regimen and it is great for libido. It actually already has Stinging Nettle and Boron in it. It's probably the most well liked natural test booster on AM.

Being that you said it was the second option, it is likely that stress of some type does play a factor into it. I can relate to that because I'm pretty used to being stressed but when its worse than normal, I could usually care less about doing it. And when I am, my mind is pretty much somewhere else anyway. There are a lot of different options to try to help with stress, but if you do want to look at a natural one, our Stress & Anxiety Support gets a lot of great feedback here and is something I've taken daily myself ever since we released it. It helps me not feel as overwhelmed and helps me function through it when I do. I hope that makes sense.

Here are the links for the products I mentioned if you want to read the write ups to learn more about them:

Inhibit-E:

Stress & Anxiety Support:

Spilanthes XT:

Pine Pollen:

M-Test:

If you do decide to try any of them this weekend, make sure to use the coupon code memorialday30 to save 30%. I just wanted to mention that since I wasn't sure if you'd seen the thread on the sale.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
sustain alpha not only only helps control estrogen but it is very highly rated as as a libido booster, and has been for over 10 years.