High SHBG

skyline999

Awards
Hi All,

I seem to have a problem I can’t shake, my SHBG is constantly high, I just same seem to find a cause or a cure for it, I am suffering from gynecomastia and currently am taking Aromasin 12.5mg twice a week and Raloxifene 30mg once daily, started at 60mg once daily for 10 days as I read the More Plates More Dates protocol for Gyno reversal, with this combo my gyno seems to have stopped burning/itching and stopping being so puffy, however my libido is shot and I have a very reduced amount of ejaculate. I’ve been on ralox since mid last month and have started Aromasin this week.

Would high estrogen cause my shbg to be raised?

I’ve tried Tribulus before and that raised my test, LH, prolactin and SHBG I’ll attach screenshot of bloods, I then came off it and SHBG still high.

First set of bloods on Tribulus March 2022:

1440B404-5A61-4069-B48B-B0D00DCCCD3C.jpeg

C268F966-968D-4544-B663-E49CC9AE901A.jpeg

52206DF5-685A-46A8-9A64-90AA15787AE5.jpeg

Second set of bloods on Viron July 2022:

35118B26-E542-4BC9-8A0F-E0A4ACE8D2CE.jpeg

381315E7-2811-48D8-995D-46B186DCE891.jpeg

E0102BCA-405F-4C9A-914C-708043BF37E8.jpeg

Help?

Last edited:
xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you could add Hyperion by APEX its made to specifically lower SHBG but in all honesty, aromasin should do it too, so you could up the dose of that and see some effects as well

skyline999

Awards
Thank you for the reply, so you reckon it is the estrogen causing all this then? What dose would you recommend for the Aromasin? Have you tried Hyperion? Any good?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Of course, I have tried it, everything APEX makes is Great~
Im not saying estrogen is the cause of your SHBG, rather that aromasin has a direct effect on it.

skyline999

Awards
I can’t seem to find Hyperion in the UK? Hopefully Aromasin frees up some test I guess

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Your estrogen and SHBG don’t look all that bad to me. Prolactin is on the high side though, maybe look into something for that?

For gyno, tamoxifen actually worked way better for me than raloxifene. I think I might be literally the only person, but I tried raloxifene because that’s what everyone suggested. No difference after about a month. Tamoxifen had it knocked out in like a week.

skyline999

Awards
Your estrogen and SHBG don’t look all that bad to me. Prolactin is on the high side though, maybe look into something for that?

For gyno, tamoxifen actually worked way better for me than raloxifene. I think I might be literally the only person, but I tried raloxifene because that’s what everyone suggested. No difference after about a month. Tamoxifen had it knocked out in like a week.
Cheers for that I may try tamoxifen after I finish my course of Raloxifene? Any pointers for libido?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I know everyone has a hard on for MPMD but many guys need significantly higher doses of raloxefine for a longer period of time to get rid of gyno or shrink it. I've seen ppl need 100mg a day for 3-4 months to shrink it. The mpmd protocol "which is NOT his protocol" will work for the early onset of gyno but not if the lumps have already formed. And sometimes no amount of ai, ralox or nolva will fix it. The only almost gurenteed fix is surgery and that's still not 100% gurenteed it won't come back

skyline999

Awards
Thank Smont lol that makes me feel a whole lot better lol. Should I up my Ralox dose?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thank Smont lol that makes me feel a whole lot better lol. Should I up my Ralox dose?
Worth a shot, the 60,30,30,30 worked for me the first time or 2 but now I find myself needing 100mg for about a month and then I lower it to 50. Sooner or later I just gotta cough up the 5k and get it cut out.

I will say this tho, I've posted pictures before of when I have had bad gyno flare ups with a visible lump and the 100/50 made it invisible after 4-6 weeks. It always comes back eventually tho, seems like 2x a year I gotta run raloxefine

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Worth a shot, the 60,30,30,30 worked for me the first time or 2 but now I find myself needing 100mg for about a month and then I lower it to 50. Sooner or later I just gotta cough up the 5k and get it cut out.

I will say this tho, I've posted pictures before of when I have had bad gyno flare ups with a visible lump and the 100/50 made it invisible after 4-6 weeks. It always comes back eventually tho, seems like 2x a year I gotta run raloxefine
Good info.

skyline999

Awards
It’s not the lump that’s bothering me as much as the itchy/burning/puffy feeling it feels like someone is putting pins in my nipples that’s how much it burns and hurts. I do feel that sensation is linked to my low libido because when I take Tribulus the first few days my skin goes oily again and my nipples go back to normal with no burning or puffiness there and my libido goes up however this is short lived because I suspect SHBG is eating up my test…??

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
What's your diet and body comp like? What's your estimate in regards to your body fat %?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I can’t seem to find Hyperion in the UK? Hopefully Aromasin frees up some test I guess
Hey brother, what is the length of time between the 2 tests?
Also... Is the Only difference in what you were taking, the Tribulus vs the Viron?
Because there's a Huge difference in your Prolactin.

skyline999

Awards
What's your diet and body comp like? What's your estimate in regards to your body fat %?
My diet is “ok” I’d say, in fact it’s gotten better over the years, I’m pretty slim for my height, weigh 9.2 stone height is 5 ft 8

skyline999

Awards
Hey brother, what is the length of time between the 2 tests?
Also... Is the Only difference in what you were taking, the Tribulus vs the Viron?
Hello!

The Tribulus test was March 2022

The Viron test was July 2022

I’ve noticed ejaculation causes my nipples to hurt and erect too.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hello!

The Tribulus test was March 2022

The Viron test was July 2022

I’ve noticed ejaculation causes my nipples to hurt and erect too.
Is the Only difference in what you were taking, the Tribulus vs the Viron?

skyline999

Awards
1. How long have you been off?
2. I'd hop back on, now.
I’ve been off it since end of August but didn’t want to mix it with Raloxifene as Viron was making my bones ache a bit at 2 tabs per day

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ve been off it since end of August but didn’t want to mix it with Raloxifene as Viron was making my bones ache a bit at 2 tabs per day
Well, it SEEMS to have cut your Prolactin in Half. ... From Really High, to high-normal.
High Prolactin = Gyno (many times).

skyline999

Awards
Well, it SEEMS to have cut your Prolactin in Half. ... From Really High, to high-normal.
High Prolactin = Gyno (many times).
I wish that were the case but my nipples and gyno on it were still tender and burning, the raloxifene and Aromasin combo seems to have settled it though so I’m guessing it’s oestrogen related…?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wish that were the case but my nipples and gyno on it were still tender and burning, the raloxifene and Aromasin combo seems to have settled it though so I’m guessing it’s oestrogen related…?
Quite possibly. But keep that Prolactin down as well .... or you'll likely be sorry.

skyline999

Awards
Yeah true, but something must be raising it, it shouldn’t just raise like that, MRI pituitary tumour has been ruled out as I’ve been scanned for it.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah true, but something must be raising it, it shouldn’t just raise like that, MRI pituitary tumour has been ruled out as I’ve been scanned for it.
Yep.
Keep looking for the cause. But in the mean time, keep that Prolactin down.
:)(y)

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
guys he has high testosterone, obv his shbg would be at the top of range to bind to high amount of test. Free test is even in high Normal.

what's your body fat percentage, I have a feeling that you are either teenager or early 20s which may explain the high test + gyno issues which may subside as you get older but not a good excuse.

I also see that prolactin is elevated / high of range - adequate dose of minerals: mag, vitE, b6 may help here..

Estrone detox via DIM, cruciferous veg, white buttom mush, Arugula may help to prevent puff nips and control your E levels.

skyline999

Awards
My body fat percentage according to calculators online is between 10% and 14%

Taking DIM is what’s caused me gyno in the first place ironically so I wouldn’t go down that route again…

My test may be high but I’m having symptoms of someone with low test and I’ve been reading high SHBG can cause this, when I’ve been at my best is when SHBG has been at around 40.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My diet is “ok” I’d say, in fact it’s gotten better over the years, I’m pretty slim for my height, weigh 9.2 stone height is 5 ft 8
That's 128lbs at 5'8, that's malnourished and damn near anorexic, your diet is not ok. And I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm genuinely concerned.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I weighed 130lbs when I was 14 and I had abs, not fat in the slightest

skyline999

Awards
What would you recommend I do? Please don’t say eat more cos I eat around 4 meals a day with protein shakes inbetween

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
What would you recommend I do? Please don’t say eat more cos I eat around 4 meals a day with protein shakes inbetween
Eating 4 meals a day doesn't tell the entire story. Would be better to give total calories per day.

But really, if you want to gain weight, you'll need to eat more than whatever your maintenance calories are.

You originally asked about what you should do regarding gyno. If you want diet and training advice I would recommend starting a different thread for that, and make sure to include your stats (height, weight, age, training history, diet, etc). There's a pretty big difference between 10% and 14% body fat, and using an "online calculator" really won't tell us much. So I would recommend posting a photo if you want us to get an idea of what your body comp is like.

You can get some amazing diet and training advice on these forums, if you want it. I highly recommend it. But you should probably keep this thread on target by focusing on your original questions here, rather than have it derailed by discussing other subjects.

It's your thread though, do what you want! 😉

skyline999

Awards
Eating 4 meals a day doesn't tell the entire story. Would be better to give total calories per day.

But really, if you want to gain weight, you'll need to eat more than whatever your maintenance calories are.

You originally asked about what you should do regarding gyno. If you want diet and training advice I would recommend starting a different thread for that, and make sure to include your stats (height, weight, age, training history, diet, etc). There's a pretty big difference between 10% and 14% body fat, and using an "online calculator" really won't tell us much. So I would recommend posting a photo if you want us to get an idea of what your body comp is like.

You can get some amazing diet and training advice on these forums, if you want it. I highly recommend it. But you should probably keep this thread on target by focusing on your original questions here, rather than have it derailed by discussing other subjects.

It's your thread though, do what you want! 😉
Thanks for that, I appreciate it! Will consider starting that thread. Not sure about the pic tho don’t want the p*** taken out of me 😂

RobertCali

Awards

Does it come back cause you are still running cycles or does it come back while off of cycles as well?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Does it come back cause you are still running cycles or does it come back while off of cycles as well?
Its kinda random. One thing i definately feel triggers it is the transition between cycles and trt or off. Like... basically when thec Hormones are building up or tapering off.