Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok people I need your help. Been searching for a good protein bar that doesn’t have a lot of sugar, sugar alcohol, fat, etc....

I’m about just make my own at home but want something along the lines of an oat/protein bar.

Anything out there?

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Built bars.
Fat = 2.5g
Carbs = 18g (6g fiber)
Protein = 17g

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Built bars.
Fat = 2.5g
Carbs = 18g (6g fiber)
Protein = 17g
If you weigh them they are 39-75g per bar (Huge quality control issues) when the label says 50g. This has been an issue for 2+ years. Consumers know this but still, buy it even though the calories are vastly incorrect.
The company is hit or miss with proper mix-ins on each bar, or ingredients separating.
The company is very slow to ship. Some people wait up to 3-4+ weeks to get their orders.
The company was found with workers that had COVID producing bars last year in their factory.
The company had a massive fiasco selling expired and moldy bars.
There is a lot of red flags with this company and what they produce so go into buying them with this in mind. They have some big business practice issues

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you weigh them they are 39-75g per bar (Huge quality control issues) when the label says 50g. This has been an issue for 2+ years. Consumers know this but still, buy it even though the calories are vastly incorrect.
The company is hit or miss with proper mix-ins on each bar, or ingredients separating.
The company is very slow to ship. Some people wait up to 3-4+ weeks to get their orders.
The company was found with workers that had COVID producing bars last year in their factory.
There is a lot of red flags with this company and what they produce so go into buying them with this in mind. They have some big business practice issues
Well then, that explains why I tried them once and liked them and the 2nd time thought they were chewy tasteless crap. lol

The only bars I've found to like enough to justify any extra calories is the Michael Irvine Fit Crunch bars. The chocolate peanut butter and the PB&J ones are pretty tasty.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
We got them in once at the shop at least 1.5 years ago, it was before they re-labeled them. I remember looking at the ingredients and scratching my head as there was almost nothing in there that would supply the fiber claimed on the label. They tasted decent and did not have that garbage fiber so many bars lean on(it's fine if you eat one but I eat two or three at a go when I do eat bars which is almost never now.)

1tbsp PB or Coconut oil
2 scoops protein
10g liquid glycerin
either a little water or liq. egg white and this beats all bars hands down and costs far less. Basically sludge, which is a protein bar minus all the garbage.

I do like the taste of MRE bars but after reading some history today about Prime Nutrition I don't know if I can trust the label 100%. You would think people would not pull the same BS a second time but you just don't know.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Holy lingerie...I had no idea. I just found them on DPS and thought it matched OP's requirements. Oddly enough it's very hard to find high protein, moderate carb, and low-fat protein bars especially since everyone wants low carb options now.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Holy lingerie...I had no idea. I just found them on DPS and thought it matched OP's requirements. Oddly enough it's very hard to find high protein, moderate carb, and low-fat protein bars especially since everyone wants low carb options now.
And since most functional food items can be VASTY off in calories. I know Bowmar nutrition had a huge scare on that recently showing up to 60% deviance on some of their labels. Ever check your blood glucose after eating some of these things? Watch how high it can flare up. That will really make you second guess what the label is telling you.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Well then, that explains why I tried them once and liked them and the 2nd time thought they were chewy tasteless crap. lol

The only bars I've found to like enough to justify any extra calories is the Michael Irvine Fit Crunch bars. The chocolate peanut butter and the PB&J ones are pretty tasty.
Michael Irvin is an ex football player.

It’s Robert Irving Fit Crunch.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Side note first time I have seen the admin post something in awhile.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Side note first time I have seen the admin post something in awhile.
Very tough for me to even know what's good these days.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok people I need your help. Been searching for a good protein bar that doesn’t have a lot of sugar, sugar alcohol, fat, etc....

I’m about just make my own at home but want something along the lines of an oat/protein bar.

Anything out there?
i always go back to quest bars...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Michael Irvin is an ex football player.

It’s Robert Irving Fit Crunch.
before i retired i would eat a fit crunch bar when i was on a job site and needed something quick that would fill me up.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No cow bars look alright, similar to quest

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
i always go back to quest bars...
Same here. I'll try new bars and i seem to always fall back to quest for low carb, high protein, and taste.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My Freezer ..............

Bars 1.jpg

faipdeooiad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The fit crunch bars are still my favourite. Along with carb killa, it’s just a shame both have gelatine in them.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fit crunch.

Balance bars - yogurt honey peanut. The GOAT bar. Don't argue with me.

Pure protein.

I actually like No Cow bars and have for many years. The most unique texture out of all the bars and I like like taste. It's way different than any other bar.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you guys eat any alternative to bars? Like wafers, pudding, protein chips etc?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have a cup of homemade protein pudding every morning at 9:30 AM

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Going to be hard to find a mod carb bar w/oats that is also high protein. You can check out the Oatmega bars but they aren't super high protein.

If you are just looking for a general good clean low carb bar that won't break the bank Quest is always on top.