High Prolactin but everything else checks out

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I posted on another thread about some "natural anabolic supplements" being the culprit of maybe me having really high prolactin levels; I have an appointment with an endo next week. But here are my results:

Prolactin 58.2 ng/ml
Testosterone 404 ng/dL
Free testosterone 59.8 pg/mL
LH 1.4 mIU/mL
FSH 4 mIU/mL

Is there a chance I kind of have low test for my age im 25; because doctor says I'm in normal range and I checked out with everything besides my prolactin levels. Wondering if I can get prescribed TRT when I see my endo; cause 404 seems like decent but kind of on the lower side of testosterone for my age. Most people I know in their late 20s to early 30s seem to range between 500-1000.

jdwaca

jdwaca

Awards
So I posted on another thread about some "natural anabolic supplements" being the culprit of maybe me having really high prolactin levels; I have an appointment with an endo next week. But here are my results:

Prolactin 58.2 ng/ml
Testosterone 404 ng/dL
Free testosterone 59.8 pg/mL
LH 1.4 mIU/mL
FSH 4 mIU/mL

Is there a chance I kind of have low test for my age im 25; because doctor says I'm in normal range and I checked out with everything besides my prolactin levels. Wondering if I can get prescribed TRT when I see my endo; cause 404 seems like decent but kind of on the lower side of testosterone for my age. Most people I know in their late 20s to early 30s seem to range between 500-1000.
Have you been checked for a prolactinoma?

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
nah I have an appointment with an endo next wednesday; might have to tell them get me on TRT. I just realized my nipples have been puffier than normal since I was very young and started working out; I think something is definitely been up since I was younger.Now that I realize it hasn't really been any supplements that altered my body like creatine, beta alanine, Follidrone/laxo, test booster(used them once).

jdwaca

jdwaca

Awards
nah I have an appointment with an endo next wednesday; might have to tell them get me on TRT. I just realized my nipples have been puffier than normal since I was very young and started working out; I think something is definitely been up since I was younger.Now that I realize it hasn't really been any supplements that altered my body like creatine, beta alanine, Follidrone/laxo, test booster(used them once).
If your endo is worth a **** he’ll test you for a prolactinoma before doing anything. A tumor on your pituitary can screw with everything. With numbers that high it’s possible. You’ll need an MRI to know for sure.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
If you don't have any symptoms then don't worry about it. Increase your B Vitamins if you really want the number to go down

jdwaca

jdwaca

Awards
If your endo is worth a **** he’ll test you for a prolactinoma before doing anything. A tumor on your pituitary can screw with everything. With numbers that high it’s possible. You’ll need an MRI to know for sure.

Your prolactin levels are over 3 times the high end of normal for a male. That’s definitely something to be worried about. If it is a prolactinoma, B vitamins will not do ****!!! And you do have symptoms. I.e. puffy nipples.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Your prolactin levels are over 3 times the high end of normal for a male. That’s definitely something to be worried about. If it is a prolactinoma, B vitamins will not do ****!!! And you do have symptoms. I.e. puffy nipples.
The problem is you don't know if it's acute or chronic. Ejaculation drives prolactin up far over the levels posted above yet it's acute and not chronic. A single reading in a blood test isn't enough in the full context of the situation with everything else fine

jdwaca

jdwaca

Awards
The problem is you don't know if it's acute or chronic. Ejaculation drives prolactin up far over the levels posted above yet it's acute and not chronic. A single reading in a blood test isn't enough in the full context of the situation with everything else fine
You could ejaculate 100 times a day and your prolactin would not be that high. Ejaculation causes a TEMPORARY spike. If it’s that high, there’s definitely a cause. Either it’s a prolactinoma, or it’s not. Possibly drug induced. But either way the drugs that will fix are bromocriprine, pramipexole, etc. You’re giving this young kid terrible advice by telling him to ignore something and take B vitamins. At the very minimum you should agree that he should get it medically diagnosed. I’m not saying it’s a prolactinoma, but with over triple the amount in his blood, it’s more likely than not. And if ignored, can cause additional pituitary problems and could be potentially irreversible. It’s people that ignore **** like this that have problems down the road.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
And actual doctors disagree with literally everything you have said. But OK.
Apart from the actual doctor he saw who also did nothing

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
guys i didnt jerk off or have sex before the bloodwork; it was first thing in the morning fasted; never did androgens so I dont know whats up with me.

jdwaca

jdwaca

Awards
guys i didnt jerk off or have sex before the bloodwork; it was first thing in the morning fasted; never did androgens so I dont know whats up with me.
I never thought that you did!! Talk to your endo.

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just found out some1 told me that when taking Laxogenin their prolactin goes up significantly; any1 think that is the cause too? But levels that I tested at are literally 3x the avg for a male.

jdwaca

jdwaca

Awards
Just found out some1 told me that when taking Laxogenin their prolactin goes up significantly; any1 think that is the cause too? But levels that I tested at are literally 3x the avg for a male.
19-nor drugs can as well. The problem is, you’re levels are EXTREMELY high. If it was a slight elevation I’d say it’s possible. But with levels that high, you really should get checked. It’s your health. Don’t risk blowing it off.

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah really wondering if I have a pituatary tumor.

jdwaca

jdwaca

Awards
yeah really wondering if I have a pituatary tumor.
If you do, they’re typically easy to treat, depending on size. Usually with meds. They’re benign so don’t freak out too much. Your endo will be able to test you for it, and explain everything to you. Just don’t ignore it. It can lead to other issues if it grows and goes untreated.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
You don't have a tumor

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
mine were 39 and I got an mri brain scan. I was taking Daa at the time and that is probably what caused it. I took l-dopa for two weeks, and retested and levels came back to 5 so that did the trick.

regarding masterbation if yu masterbate multiple times a day that can cause it. Some guys only ejaculate once a day, some not even that, some guys that have high sex drives ejaculate three times a day on average everyday, some guys even more.

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah I think the Laxo increased my prolactin a lil more than normal; also though my test is a lil too low for my age so I might have something up; but I will have to wait and see till next week.