High LH, High Test & High Prolactin

skyline999

Awards
Hi guys, not sure which topic this one of supposed to go in.

Anyway bloods have come back showing High LH, High Test, High Prolactin, High SHBG. Have ED, low libido, low ejaculate. What could be the reason for this?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well high Prolactin for starters can induce all those porblems.

Can you share the actual numbers and ref ranges? Do you have free T and E2 measurements?

skyline999

Awards
Thank you for your reply, results below:

SHBG: 59 nmol/L
Ref: 18.3 - 54.1

LH: 9.5 IU/L
Ref: 1.7 - 8.6

Oestradiol: 123 pmol/L
Ref: 41 - 159

Testosterone: 33.4 nmol/L
Ref: 8.64 - 29

Free T: 0.571 nmol/L
Ref: 0.2 - 0.62

Prolactin: 631 mU/L
Ref: 86 - 324

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well, while those numbers seem quite odd to me (all high) the ratio between values are not bad. Only thing clearly bad is the Prolactin.

I feel like you've posted quite a bit about the issues you have and about your hormone levels. So I expect us to start running the same circle again. Maybe someone else will chime in who hasn't before.

Any update with a doctor? Any known reason for high Prolactin? As I recall, I think you already tried Caber with dr.'s script? Prolactinoma? Brain scan?

skyline999

Awards
Brian scan was done, they said no abnormalities found, caber nuked the prolactin down to almost nothing, I felt good on it, doctor said to come off it to see how I feel but back in the same boat again, got an appointment with him next week. Just thought I’d write on here to see if any guidance on the new bloods.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Maybe try some OTC stuff like P5P and l-dopa to control Prolactin? If not on other stronger anabolics I wouldn’t use caber if it wasn’t absolutely necessary.

cylon357

cylon357

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Maybe try some OTC stuff like P5P and l-dopa to control Prolactin? If not on other stronger anabolics I wouldn’t use caber if it wasn’t absolutely necessary.
Add some vitamin e and I think you have the best 3 OTC options.

OP, you might add boron to bring down the SHBG... well, actually, are you taking anything to bring those numbers up? Are these natty numbers?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This👆
I would also look to lower shbg.

Don't go straight to caber or prami. That's last resort stuff.

Maybe I missed it but what are you taking for hormones currently?

skyline999

Awards
Cheers guys.

These are my natty results not been taking anything.

Boron doesn’t do much for me in terms of reducing SHBG if I take something like Viron my symptoms are still the same so I don’t think the boron in that is doing anything hence why I’ve just stopped all supplements.

Ive noticed if I take a multivit my symptoms seem to get worse…

skyline999

Awards
Something seems to constantly keep increasing it l, I guess if I take the supplements and they suppress it this is only going to come back once I stop? I heard you can’t take L-dopa long term…??

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Something seems to constantly keep increasing it l, I guess if I take the supplements and they suppress it this is only going to come back once I stop? I heard you can’t take L-dopa long term…??
Sure, best would be to find out why it happens but I don’t think anyone here can answer that over the internet.

It depends how long you’re talking about but you should be good to take L-dopa for a few years before it gets ineffective and cause sides.

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Cheers guys.

These are my natty results not been taking anything.

Boron doesn’t do much for me in terms of reducing SHBG if I take something like Viron my symptoms are still the same so I don’t think the boron in that is doing anything hence why I’ve just stopped all supplements.

Ive noticed if I take a multivit my symptoms seem to get worse…
How much boron were you taking? Also do you mess around with kratom or any other opioid types?

skyline999

Awards
How much boron were you taking? Also do you mess around with kratom or any other opioid types?
I took 1 tab of Viron a day which has 10mg boron in it, did nothing in terms of helping my symptoms, upped it to 2 tabs and I started getting palpitations and felt really uneasy/edgy I know it’s hormone related just not sure what the cause is.

Also do you mess around with kratom or any other opioid types? No

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have similar prolactin issues, my levels were actually double, yours reads out 29ng/ml mine are about 49-58ng/ml, I too did brain scan and they couldn't find nothing. Before I experimented with androgens I had issues with my prolactin levels, possibly could be the reason why I had test levels of 400 LH of 1.4, my estradiol sits at around 40ish.

Do you have any symptoms of having high prolactin because your bloods look fine. I always had issues with libido, energy in general since I was a teenager.

skyline999

Awards
Thanks for your message. Yes libido has suffered a lot and loss of morning wood

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
try vitex, p5p, vit-e, zinc and mag, vit D3

Tongkat ali will also lower shbg

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I vote injectable b6. do you take a b6 supplement regularly ? zma?

Last edited:

skyline999

Awards
Tried all those, they don’t do much, my test is a little too high so SHBG just keeps to want to keep locking it up. Would stomach issues cause a high SHBG, I’ve had my gall bladder removed so just wondering if the extra strain on my liver is causing this? Just thinking outside the box…