High ldl and trt related?

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Help with blood work and why in the world is my cholesterol ldl bad? No family history. Workout and in great shape. Diet is great. I’ve been on trt for 8 months and also having elevated bp even before trt. Look at labs and let me know any issues. My hormones ars
Optimal. Could it be Losartan or could it be the arimidex at a small dose? Just trying to figure it out. Doc said it wasn’t an issue now

Attachments

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Forget your ldl, you need to keep an eye on the other high areas. Your HCT and RBC needs to be watched and lowered. Were you dehydrated going in?

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Yeah they said it wasn’t terrible but should I go give blood anyways. ? Why would you say dehydrated. ?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dehydration is the number one reason HCT and RBC counts are high on labs. If you were hydrated fine, then you want to look at donation.

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
What about the ldl? I have higher bp and also dizzy. I bet it’s elevated rbc now that I think about it. How do you go about donating?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What about the ldl? I have higher bp and also dizzy. I bet it’s elevated rbc now that I think about it. How do you go about donating?
call the red cross, they are always looking for blood donations.

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Would you recommend donating? Feeling dizzy and higher bp than normal? Anxious feeling.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Would you recommend donating? Feeling dizzy and higher bp than normal? Anxious feeling.
those could be symptoms of something serious, I recommend consulting your doctor.

donating blood is a good thing though, imo...it won't do any harm, I do it not only because i'm on trt, but also because it is a good thing to do.

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
I did consult with doctor and get blood all time. Did you even look at my blood work? See anything ?

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Anxiety can be a symptom of high rbc if I remember correctly. I would hydrate really well and go donate, it won’t hurt you and you’ll likely feel better after.

As far as the cholesterol goes, it’s barely out of range and your total is fine so I wouldn’t worry about it personally. Some newer research is suggesting ldl MAY not be the devil it’s made out to be.

The RBC is definitely going to affect your BP and dizziness. I would start with water, donation and then if you still have those symptoms do like BigT said and pursue medical advice. Get a second opinion if need be.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I have c282y hemochromatosis
I phleb once now I control it with lactoferrin and ip6 have not been back in 3 months levels holding steady. You are also severely dehydrated with low functioning adrenals

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
I phleb once now I control it with lactoferrin and ip6 have not been back in 3 months levels holding steady. You are also severely dehydrated with low functioning adrenals
I I drink water all day. No way I could be however I took .25 arimidex a day before blood work and believe that could have dried me out. Otherwise I drink a ton of water compared to most people. Why am I always dehydrated

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
I I drink water all day. No way I could be however I took .25 arimidex a day before blood work and believe that could have dried me out. Otherwise I drink a ton of water compared to most people. Why am I always dehydrated