High free test, normal IGF-1, but feeling lousy

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi All,

After countless doctors appointments, this post is my last resort in finding a way to joy, energy and happiness:

28 years old, healthy young male, 5'11 / 175 pounds, lifting and running for the past 10 years, rather lean and muscular, not looking to get big, just for a vibrant and daily elevated mood.

A slow degradation process in my mood and physique has been going on for the past 2 years.

I have a general feeling of apathy, lack of energy, lack of motivation. I wake up feeling sluggish and not refreshed.
On the physical side, I experience much slower recovery, less pumps, and difficulty to gain muscle than 2 years ago.

I eat clean, gluten-free and vegetarian as much as I can, in sufficient amounts.

All general blood tests come back in the normal range (blood count, liver, kidney, thyroid).

My blood pressure is in check.

My hormone panel shows:

Free T: 2.6 ng/dl (0.1-2.8)
TT : 542 ng/dl (160-726)
E2 : median
IGF-1 : 202 ng/ml (89-351)

Looks to me that steroids would be of no benefit as my free T is top range, GH would probably not make things better as I have ok levels of IGF-1.

I did feaces analysis and have no bacteria overgrowth or yeast.

I supplement with multivitamin, fish oil, probiotics, and 0.5mg melatonin before bed.

I miss this day-long pump feeling after a workout, the bright look on life, and the overall sense of well-being.

What could possibly be wrong, and what can I do about it?

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Hi All,

After countless doctors appointments, this post is my last resort in finding a way to joy, energy and happiness:

28 years old, healthy young male, 5'11 / 175 pounds, lifting and running for the past 10 years, rather lean and muscular, not looking to get big, just for a vibrant and daily elevated mood.

A slow degradation process in my mood and physique has been going on for the past 2 years.

I have a general feeling of apathy, lack of energy, lack of motivation. I wake up feeling sluggish and not refreshed.
On the physical side, I experience much slower recovery, less pumps, and difficulty to gain muscle than 2 years ago.

I eat clean, gluten-free and vegetarian as much as I can, in sufficient amounts.

All general blood tests come back in the normal range (blood count, liver, kidney, thyroid).

My hormone panel shows:

Looks to me that steroids would be of no benefit as my free T is top range, GH would probably not make things better as I have ok levels of IGF-1.

I supplement with multivitamin, fish oil, probiotics, and 0.5mg melatonin before bed.

I miss this day-long pump feeling after a workout, the bright look on life, and the overall sense of well-being.

When did you last take a deload or CNS reset week?

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Probably your CNS, you drink caffeine or stimulants? If so do a month detox

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No caffeine at all, plenty of sleep, no overtraining, and I take a month off any exercise every 2 months

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Then I'd check free t3 total t3 cortisol and TSH- and if not those all that's left would be prolactin however your estrogen is in control and test is high so doubt it's prolactin

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Then I'd check free t3 total t3 cortisol and TSH- and if not those all that's left would be prolactin however your estrogen is in control and test is high so doubt it's prolactin
All thyroid indicators are perfect.

Morning cortisol is 13.4ug/dl (3.7-19.4)

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Then it's not hormonal- id look into your neurotransmitters. That's pretty much what I'd bet my money on that or pregnenolone. Pregnenolone is generally considered a feel good hormone. I'd test your pregnenolone and if that's good then it's probably a neuro-transmitter deficiency

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Magnesium and b vitamins are huge. Being mostly vegetarian as you said I'd make sure you check those, vitamin d too

Jay.99

Awards
Hi All,

My hormone panel shows:

Do you get out and get some Sunshine? Or spend most of your time indoors due to work and or school? B vitamin def is unlikely .... specifically B12 for vegetarians...your one shot of b12 is good for almost a year. I would recommend to start drinking fruit smoothies daily. I prefer frozen fruit as it won't go bad, and it's nice to have something cold during the hot weather. Feel free to add sugar into your fruit smoothie as the sugar will give you a mental boost, and all the fiber in the fruit will help control your blood glucose as well so don't be afraid to add sugar (unless you have diabetes). And lastly... make sure you are eating enough calories in your food. Not enough calories will make you feel like $h*t. Obviously make sure that your source for calories is real food most of the time as opposed to junk food lol. Eating 5000 calories of fruits everyday for a month and eating 5000 calories of Hershey chocolate for a month....same amount of calories and sugar but I promise you that one of those will make you feel like $h*t.