High dht levels and hairloss.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So got my dht checked since I been getting hairloss. Normal range it says is 12-65. Mine was 118. What dangers can that cause being elevated so high. That was only on my trt dose.

Thinking of trying topical fin but should I do oral instead?

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So got my dht checked since I been getting hairloss. Normal range it says is 12-65. Mine was 118. What dangers can that cause being elevated so high. That was only on my trt dose.

Thinking of trying topical fin but should I do oral instead?
There is no right answer. Nizoral will help wash androgens off the scalp just as a shampoo and an easy 1st start. Topical fin will drop levels and its possible there is less sides.. oral is more convenient imo and I've have no problems. A low percentage in single digits do, it's a personal decision. I don't see how topical is not systemic juat as oral but I haven't looked into it as I take oral.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
There is no right answer. Nizoral will help wash androgens off the scalp just as a shampoo and an easy 1st start. Topical fin will drop levels and its possible there is less sides.. oral is more convenient imo and I've have no problems. A low percentage in single digits do, it's a personal decision. I don't see how topical is not systemic juat as oral but I haven't looked into it as I take oral.
Thanks . Do you notice the fin hindering muscle mass and gains in the gym at all. I been hearing a lot about that.

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Thanks . Do you notice the fin hindering muscle mass and gains in the gym at all. I been hearing a lot about that.
I think there is a possibility. Have I noticed it? No. What do you value more hair or full 100% gains? I am still growing after incorporating fin.

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just as a side not I take .5 fin. There is a study out showing very similar effects as 1mg, even .25 mg is similar but hard to split pharma pills that small. I would look into minoxidil 5mg if you're really about it

Finasteride
Minoxidil
Nizoral

Hair trifecta

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
2 months personal difference. 5mg min, .5 fin, Nizoral eod or more

Attachments

Russianstarr

Awards
Much better options available than fin. You can act now and stop any hair loss.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Much better options available than fin. You can act now and stop any hair loss.
Like what. Only other thing I heard work is ru but also hear a lot of nasty sides with that as well and in the end it's still a research chem.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Like what. Only other thing I heard work is ru but also hear a lot of nasty sides with that as well and in the end it's still a research chem.
You're going to find a lot of people on here who are against finasteride because of side effects, which is somewhat ironic given that this is the anabolics section. Personally, I think the side effects are overrated. Having said that, I haven't used oral finasteride, only topical. But I've seen plenty of blood work from people who used oral finasteride and I haven't seen anything concerning. Hormonal-wise, it usually results in lower DHT and higher total testosterone. These things about increases in estrogen, prolactin, etc., might have happened to some people but I haven't actually seen it yet.

teamguy312

Awards
I've tried oral finasteride, topical minox, oral minox, oral dutasteride, etc and usually at least 2 of those things in combination. I searched for a long time and found a solution that is strictly topical, but delivers dutasteride (superior to finasteride) locally to the scalp with much less systemic absorption so your concern of oral fin or better, dutasteride side effects are severely diminished. The solution also contains minox, naltrexone, among others including latanoprost (you may have heard of it as latisse, a very expensive eyelash growth solution.). There are more things in it, but it has held onto my hair through many DHT derivative cycles.

It's called Powers Hair Solution 5.1, I can post a picture if you'd like, but it's from a company called agelessRX.

I started losing my hair at 21 pretty aggressively, even though as a child and teen, every barber I went to would comment how thick my hair was. Within a few months it visibly improved it greatly and about 9-10 months after, I already had the insanely thick hair I used to have growing up.

This isn't an advertisement, just a possible solution. The only way these guys are affiliated with me is by taking my money 😂

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You're going to find a lot of people on here who are against finasteride because of side effects, which is somewhat ironic given that this is the anabolics section. Personally, I think the side effects are overrated. Having said that, I haven't used oral finasteride, only topical. But I've seen plenty of blood work from people who used oral finasteride and I haven't seen anything concerning. Hormonal-wise, it usually results in lower DHT and higher total testosterone. These things about increases in estrogen, prolactin, etc., might have happened to some people but I haven't actually seen it yet.
Yea I hear a lot of guys say it made their muscles softer or made them more feminine looking. My dht currently is 118 so it is pretty hight. Almost double the normal upper limit. I would like to try topical but I'm worried about my 5 month old daughter home with me

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I've tried oral finasteride, topical minox, oral minox, oral dutasteride, etc and usually at least 2 of those things in combination. I searched for a long time and found a solution that is strictly topical, but delivers dutasteride (superior to finasteride) locally to the scalp with much less systemic absorption so your concern of oral fin or better, dutasteride side effects are severely diminished. The solution also contains minox, naltrexone, among others including latanoprost (you may have heard of it as latisse, a very expensive eyelash growth solution.). There are more things in it, but it has held onto my hair through many DHT derivative cycles.

It's called Powers Hair Solution 5.1, I can post a picture if you'd like, but it's from a company called agelessRX.

I started losing my hair at 21 pretty aggressively, even though as a child and teen, every barber I went to would comment how thick my hair was. Within a few months it visibly improved it greatly and about 9-10 months after, I already had the insanely thick hair I used to have growing up.

This isn't an advertisement, just a possible solution. The only way these guys are affiliated with me is by taking my money 😂
Hm interesting I'll def check it out . Do you know if topical dut is as harmful to children as topical fin. That's my main concern. The exposure possibly from when it's applied in my hair.

teamguy312

Awards
Hm interesting I'll def check it out . Do you know if topical dut is as harmful to children as topical fin. That's my main concern. The exposure possibly from when it's applied in my hair.
I can't speak on that, but I'm sure it's not safer, it works the same as finasteride with the addition of a couple other properties, something like fin has 2 of these properties I'm unaware of the name of and dutasteride has 4 properties that block DHT, something like that, not sure.

What I can tell you for certain is that topical minox is extremely dangerous and often fatal if ingested by cats and dogs. I'm a big dog lover and having to worry about them licking my scalp is a pain because it is truly very dangerous to them. As for the concern about fin/dut and coming into contact with others, definitely ask your doctor.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yea I hear a lot of guys say it made their muscles softer or made them more feminine looking. My dht currently is 118 so it is pretty hight. Almost double the normal upper limit. I would like to try topical but I'm worried about my 5 month old daughter home with me
Some guys say it doesn't just make their muscles soft but something else too..... but like I said, I just go by the blood work I've seen done on it and I've never seen anything concerning or anything that should hinder gains. If someone said it made their muscles soft, then I would assume they would have gotten blood work done to see what the cause of it was. You can actually search this forum and find some guys who posted blood work on finasteride.

As for the topical, I would say wash your hands thoroughly, dry them with a paper towel, and throw it away.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm on TRT and take topical fin/min, the results have been great. Absolutely zero issues with muscle gain, test has gone up considerably as would be expected, so I had to adjust my TRT dose. One thing to pay attention to, is that since there is less test being converted to DHT, there is more converting to estrogen. So when I was running my normal TRT dose and with the added fin, my total test and estrogen levels went out of range pretty significantly.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm on TRT and take topical fin/min, the results have been great. Absolutely zero issues with muscle gain, test has gone up considerably as would be expected, so I had to adjust my TRT dose. One thing to pay attention to, is that since there is less test being converted to DHT, there is more converting to estrogen. So when I was running my normal TRT dose and with the added fin, my total test and estrogen levels went out of range pretty significantly.
Oh that's interesting. I'm also using topical finasteride. Actually, I think you were the one who told me about it. I had blood work done and had no increase in estrogen. Obviously it can be different for everyone but I haven't had any issues in that department.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long have you been taking it? Topical initially only affects the follicles and starts working that way. Then slowly reducing system levels. It was about 6-7 months before I saw the increases in testosterone and estrogen with lowering of DHT.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How long have you been taking it? Topical initially only affects the follicles and starts working that way. Then slowly reducing system levels. It was about 6-7 months before I saw the increases in testosterone and estrogen with lowering of DHT.
I'm about 9 months in right now. I'll be getting more blood work done to keep an eye on things but so far no issues.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm about 9 months in right now. I'll be getting more blood work done to keep an eye on things but so far no issues.
What's your thoughts on topical dut over fin? Seems like a better option for me. Only needs to be applied once a week so exposure to my family is minimal. The molecular weight is more than fin so it doesn't get absorbed through the skin and go systemic as well.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have been on fin for ages and my bloods are all good, test is all in the high acceptable range, blah blah blah... the only thing is my creatine kinase is high, been that way for awhile now... I am getting injured all the time which the dr said could be the reason, but I am not injured atm and it is still high.

I think give topical a try first, a mix that has minox and fin together would be good. Minoxidilmax seemed to be good, havent used them for a bit though

teamguy312

Awards
I’m not a doctor and you should really bring this up with who is prescribing it for you or even the pharmacist, but dutasteride is known to be more potent than finasteride, it blocks more conversion of DHT than fin and for that reason, it’s more effective for halting hair loss, it’s also because part of what makes it more potent is that is blocks the conversion through more pathways than finasteride does but I do know it still blocks the conversion in at least 2 of the same ways finasteride does, so personally, I would treat it the same as finasteride around kids/pregnant women especially.

I know dutasteride has been tried and tolerated in women before (quite a few studies to search up) but when pregnancy is involved it’s a big issue, possibly halting male fetal development among other things just from the limited knowledge I have.

As far as how topical delivery would change things, it would probably make it more complicated than just washing your hands after taking the pills and handling them. The stuff is going to stay in your hair/on your scalp and there really isn’t a way around it considering you want to leave it in. Add topical minox to the mix and then you have not only a hazardous solution on your head from the dutasteride for your children or wife, but then you also have to worry about the minox for dogs and cats, like I mentioned earlier, it’s extremely dangerous for them also.
If transferring these things is too much of a concern with you, then I would get on oral dutasteride (easily found as a script online) along with oral minox.
Oral minox is just as old or older than topical and it tends to work very well, docs really just started prescribing it again.

Also remember, it doesn’t take any type of high strength or special minox for dogs or cats to have a problem with it, if you are using something as simple as the lower strength rogaine, it’s just as serious to not let dogs, etc to lick your scalp. Couple this with the fact that you probably don’t want to deal with topical dutasteride transferring to your gf/wife and it seems like the best route for you is oral dutasteride and oral minox. Results will be slow but very steady and eventually you’ll come to a point where you can just use the dutasteride to hold onto the new growth and drop the minox once the hairs from the minox become terminal and you are satisfied with the regrowth. I say this because to be quite honest, sides from minox are more concerning than fin or dut sides. Minox has been known to mess with quite a few guys hearts and some significant edema, but most don’t have too many issues besides some puffiness in the face or flushing.

Just watch out for edema, particularly in the lower legs (like usual) or if you have any signs of palpitations or strange chest pains. Oral minox has a better chance at causing water retention than topical delivery, but I also believe it works better than topical.

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If we're worried about transferring things, If you nut in your girl, or boy, and on aas you're also transferring some of that. Studies can be provided but throwing it out there

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This is truthfully more on the expertise of @nostrum420 who's company is based on transdermal and is a sponsor here though

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’m not a doctor and you should really bring this up with who is prescribing it for you or even the pharmacist, but dutasteride is known to be more potent than finasteride, it blocks more conversion of DHT than fin and for that reason, it’s more effective for halting hair loss, it’s also because part of what makes it more potent is that is blocks the conversion through more pathways than finasteride does but I do know it still blocks the conversion in at least 2 of the same ways finasteride does, so personally, I would treat it the same as finasteride around kids/pregnant women especially.

I know dutasteride has been tried and tolerated in women before (quite a few studies to search up) but when pregnancy is involved it’s a big issue, possibly halting male fetal development among other things just from the limited knowledge I have.

As far as how topical delivery would change things, it would probably make it more complicated than just washing your hands after taking the pills and handling them. The stuff is going to stay in your hair/on your scalp and there really isn’t a way around it considering you want to leave it in. Add topical minox to the mix and then you have not only a hazardous solution on your head from the dutasteride for your children or wife, but then you also have to worry about the minox for dogs and cats, like I mentioned earlier, it’s extremely dangerous for them also.
If transferring these things is too much of a concern with you, then I would get on oral dutasteride (easily found as a script online) along with oral minox.
Oral minox is just as old or older than topical and it tends to work very well, docs really just started prescribing it again.

Also remember, it doesn’t take any type of high strength or special minox for dogs or cats to have a problem with it, if you are using something as simple as the lower strength rogaine, it’s just as serious to not let dogs, etc to lick your scalp. Couple this with the fact that you probably don’t want to deal with topical dutasteride transferring to your gf/wife and it seems like the best route for you is oral dutasteride and oral minox. Results will be slow but very steady and eventually you’ll come to a point where you can just use the dutasteride to hold onto the new growth and drop the minox once the hairs from the minox become terminal and you are satisfied with the regrowth. I say this because to be quite honest, sides from minox are more concerning than fin or dut sides. Minox has been known to mess with quite a few guys hearts and some significant edema, but most don’t have too many issues besides some puffiness in the face or flushing.

Just watch out for edema, particularly in the lower legs (like usual) or if you have any signs of palpitations or strange chest pains. Oral minox has a better chance at causing water retention than topical delivery, but I also believe it works better than topical.
No pets so that's no concern. Was thinking of topical dut since it's only need once a week vs every day with topical fin. I'm a firefighter and work 24s so would just apply it while I'm at the station

teamguy312

Awards
No pets so that's no concern. Was thinking of topical dut since it's only need once a week vs every day with topical fin. I'm a firefighter and work 24s so would just apply it while I'm at the station
Gotcha, that makes sense. The topical might be the way to go then. I’m also not sure if you are doing Minox liquid (with the dropper) or the foam aerosol cans, I found the foam to be a lot less messy and it worked really well.

My topical formula contains dutasteride and I am prescribed to apply it daily, maybe your situation calls for weekly, I just wanted to throw that out there in case you find that you might have to apply it daily.

Thank you for your service, stay safe out there.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Gotcha, that makes sense. The topical might be the way to go then. I’m also not sure if you are doing Minox liquid (with the dropper) or the foam aerosol cans, I found the foam to be a lot less messy and it worked really well.

My topical formula contains dutasteride and I am prescribed to apply it daily, maybe your situation calls for weekly, I just wanted to throw that out there in case you find that you might have to apply it daily.

Thank you for your service, stay safe out there.
Thanks man. Looking online I see some people saying once a week is enough. Not sure how though since it's topical and going to be washed off later in the day? I have an appointment with a hair clinic this week. (Free consultation) so I'll see what they say.

Do you have any family, wife, kids at home with you while you use the topical.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What's your thoughts on topical dut over fin? Seems like a better option for me. Only needs to be applied once a week so exposure to my family is minimal. The molecular weight is more than fin so it doesn't get absorbed through the skin and go systemic as well.
I have never used dut, so I really can't comment on it. But there are some solid reviews and good studies to back it up, so if it's easier to apply or something, then it might be worth trying over fin. My gut is telling me that they probably both work well.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have never used dut, so I really can't comment on it. But there are some solid reviews and good studies to back it up, so if it's easier to apply or something, then it might be worth trying over fin. My gut is telling me that they probably both work well.
Yea I'm gonna look into it more. I wonder if I should just do 1mg oral fin. My dht is high so even if it knocks it down 70 percent like the studies said I'll still be in the normal range. I'm just worried about losing muscle hardness and feminization effects of those are even true

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yea I'm gonna look into it more. I wonder if I should just do 1mg oral fin. My dht is high so even if it knocks it down 70 percent like the studies said I'll still be in the normal range. I'm just worried about losing muscle hardness and feminization effects of those are even true
That's up to you. If you want my opinion, you can always try the fin and get blood work done. If your estrogen stays the same (like mine did), then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. And if it does cause a problem and you're not happy with it, then drop it.

teamguy312

Awards
I would agree if that's the safest route for your family, personally. As long as it doesn't drop it down too much I think you'll be ok, but I have to admit a big reason I use topical dut is because it blocks it locally regardless of what the DHT levels in my blood are and it's nice because from my experience, dht is something to be used for your goals to an extent, Personally, on oral finasteride and eventually when I tried oral dutasteride, it seemed I lost a good deal of muscle hardness/density, didn't notice anything else but I didn't like that side at all, blocking the receptors locally in the scalp has allowed me to reap as much DHT as I want, muscle density is back.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I would agree if that's the safest route for your family, personally. As long as it doesn't drop it down too much I think you'll be ok, but I have to admit a big reason I use topical dut is because it blocks it locally regardless of what the DHT levels in my blood are and it's nice because from my experience, dht is something to be used for your goals to an extent, Personally, on oral finasteride and eventually when I tried oral dutasteride, it seemed I lost a good deal of muscle hardness/density, didn't notice anything else but I didn't like that side at all, blocking the receptors locally in the scalp has allowed me to reap as much DHT as I want, muscle density is back.
Yea I'll ask the Dr when I go to see what she thinks of topicals. I was on fin prior for like 8 months and felt like I didn't get as good of a pump in the gym and felt softer. But I see a lot of ifbb pros using it so not sure why they would use it if it hindered gains.

Have you tried topical fin or just topical dut. A lot of people are saying dut topically is useless but seems like you had good success with it.

teamguy312

Awards
I am going to copy and paste an ingredient list from my doctor that lists some ingredients you may not consider for hair loss and their purpose. This is the formula that got my hair back and keeps it, so maybe you could look into some of these things separately and see if you think it would help? I do have to warn you though, I think the naltrexone, latanoprost, dutasteride and tretinoin are prescriptions, so this is kind of 4-5 prescriptions in one with some azelaic acid, biotin, vit c, minox, etc.

Minoxidil
A well-known component of many hair growth formulas that increases follicle blood flow

Azelaic Acid
Stimulates catalase activation and promotes hair growth through upregulation of the Gli1 and Gli2 mRNA and Shh protein

Biotin
Stimulates keratin production & improves follicle growth

Naltrexone
An immunomodulator useful for autoimmune induced hair loss

Bicalutamide
A well-tolerated selective androgen receptor antagonist that locally blocks testosterone and DHT

Latanoprost
Significantly increases hair density and stimulates healthy hair follicle activity; commonly used on eyelashes to increase strength and length

Melatonin
Can improve hair strength, reverse or slow greying, and resist oxidative stress

Phenytoin

Known for inducing hirsutism and hair overgrowth, phenytoin also helps restore hair during chemotherapy

Dutasteride
A superior 5ARI to finasteride, dutasteride hits both 5AR isoforms

Tretinoin
Promotes healthy turnover in hair follicles to stimulate effective growth

Vitamin C
Helps with hydroxylation of collagen strands and overall tissue health while increasing the solubility of the other components, all without causing any negative effects on the other ingredients

Source : https://get.agelessrx.com/powers-hair-loss-solution/

teamguy312

Awards
Yea I'll ask the Dr when I go to see what she thinks of topicals. I was on fin prior for like 8 months and felt like I didn't get as good of a pump in the gym and felt softer. But I see a lot of ifbb pros using it so not sure why they would use it if it hindered gains.

Have you tried topical fin or just topical dut. A lot of people are saying dut topically is useless but seems like you had good success with it.
I've tried basically all of it man, I promise dut is definitely not useless, IMO much better at holding hair and holding hair faster than fin. I just made a post a second after you with the ingredient list of what I take. I can get specific with dosage if you'd like.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I've tried basically all of it man, I promise dut is definitely not useless, IMO much better at holding hair and holding hair faster than fin. I just made a post a second after you with the ingredient list of what I take. I can get specific with dosage if you'd like.
Thanks man what's the dut dosage? And you say you apply it everyday? Also I think I already asked you but do you have children at home?

teamguy312

Awards
Thanks man what's the dut dosage? And you say you apply it everyday? Also I think I already asked you but do you have children at home?
No problem, the formula I have is 2mg per application, I read somewhere from the doctor who invented the formula saying that it was the optimal transdermal dose and systemic absorption is thankfully, very limited. Then you have other things in there like the bicalumatide that is essentially trying to do the same job as the topical dut, definitely some things can be added to accelerate growth these days instead of just waiting on minox and holding what you have with fin or dut, I saw results in just a couple months, huge results in maybe 5 months and I had a full head of thick hair just a few months after that, it's pretty remarkable. I don't have a family that is in contact with me often, I do a lot of work overseas and it's usually not a problem so long as I throw the liquid bottle in my checked bag. The only thing I have to worry about are my dogs, so it's your call on whether you think it'd be an issue or not.

Also yes, it's applied daily.

Last edited:

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
No problem, the formula I have is 2mg per application, I read somewhere from the doctor who invented the formula saying that it was the optimal transdermal dose and systemic absorption is thankfully, very limited. Then you have other things in there like the bicalumatide that is essentially trying to do the same job as the topical dut, definitely some things can be added to accelerate growth these days instead of just waiting on minox and holding what you have with fin or dut, I saw results in just a couple months, huge results in maybe 5 months and I had a full head of thick hair just a few months after that, it's pretty remarkable. I don't have a family that is in contact with me often, I do a lot of work overseas and it's usually not a problem so long as I throw the liquid bottle in my checked bag. The only thing I have to worry about are my dogs, so it's your call on whether you think it'd be an issue or not.

Also yes, it's applied daily.
Thanks. Yea the dosage and amount applying it per week seems to vary so much. I go on Reddit and a lot of people say apply it once a week only at a dose of .05% which is 4 times lower than yours . Seems like it works for you though!

teamguy312

Awards
Thanks. Yea the dosage and amount applying it per week seems to vary so much. I go on Reddit and a lot of people say apply it once a week only at a dose of .05% which is 4 times lower than yours . Seems like it works for you though!
Here is a question I found that the doctor who made it answered, maybe it all has to do with transdermal bioavailability? You might be getting the equivalent of 0.5-0.6mg of dut, it definitely has worked for me though. Applying it only once a week surprises me, it's a question for the doc but maybe because of the local absorption and lack of systemic absorption it is eliminated faster than if it were taken orally? That could be a mistake some people are making, I just can't imagine why the instructions are to apply this every day if it has such a long half life like 5 weeks or something? I really don't know man, but it has worked thankfully.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Here is a question I found that the doctor who made it answered, maybe it all has to do with transdermal bioavailability? You might be getting the equivalent of 0.5-0.6mg of dut, it definitely has worked for me though. Applying it only once a week surprises me, it's a question for the doc but maybe because of the local absorption and lack of systemic absorption it is eliminated faster than if it were taken orally? That could be a mistake some people are making, I just can't imagine why the instructions are to apply this every day if it has such a long half life like 5 weeks or something? I really don't know man, but it has worked thankfully.
Thanks! Yea I know it has a long half life but seems wild that you only need to apply it once a week seeing how your going to wash it off in the shower either the same or next day.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Haha, sorry, I tried to skim the thread but there's a lot of back and forth. What was the question at hand, exactly?
Haha I'm looking at using a topical for hairloss. Either fin or dut but worried about exposure to my 5 month old daughter. Leaning towards dut since it seems like you only need to apply it once a week?

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Haha I'm looking at using a topical for hairloss. Either fin or dut but worried about exposure to my 5 month old daughter. Leaning towards dut since it seems like you only need to apply it once a week?
1. 5 month olds should not be exposed to either of those drugs.

2. Don't put your baby on top of your head.

3. Profit.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
1. 5 month olds should not be exposed to either of those drugs.

2. Don't put your baby on top of your head.

3. Profit.
Yes but what if she lays on a pillow that I laid my head down or touches my hair with her hand at some point

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes but what if she lays on a pillow that I laid my head down or touches my hair with her hand at some point
In general once a topical carrier has dried, there's little ability for the drug to transfer and reduced ability for it to absorb if transferred.

I'd still use an abundance of caution but I think you could probably apply in the morning taking care to wash your hands well and avoiding the kinds of contact you described above.

Then just wash your hair real quick when you get home from work before you hang out with the kiddo. Keeping your scalp clean should help with hair regrowth anyway.